The same LINE account on different mobile devices - How?!

Mickeymaus

I know it is not easy question and I didn't find any solution for my problem. But perhaps there is somebody who has an idea that I don't know. I have LINE on my tablet and on my phone. 

Until about February 2022 you could use the same LINE account on several mobile devices. The trick was to use "LINE Lite" on other mobile devices. But they discontinued this option.

Now I need different LINE accounts on every mobile device ????????????. If anybody knows a fix please let me know it. It is possible to use the same LINE account on 1 mobile device and on PCs. This I know. But on different mobile devices??? 

Honestly, without being somehow forced by friends that use LINE to use LINE I would uninstall it now because of this... I never used WhatsApp. Does it have the same problem? 

50 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

not easy question and I didn't find any solution for my problem. But perhaps there is somebody who has an idea that I don't know. I have LINE on my tablet and on my phone. 

Until about February 2022 you could use the same LINE account on several mobile devices. The trick was to use "LINE Lite" on other mobile devices. But they discontinued this option.

Now I need different LINE accounts on every mobile device ????????????. If anybody knows a fix please let me know it. It is possible to use the same LINE account on 1 mobile device and on PCs. This I know. But on different mobile devices??? 

Honestly, without being somehow forced by friends that use LINE to use LINE I would uninstall it now because of this... I never used WhatsApp. Does it have the same problem?

Have you tried these options in settings? I don't need it so haven't bothered checking 

Screenshot_2022-11-20-14-54-21-837_jp.naver.line.android~2.jpg

39 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I think Line lite is still available but you wont find it on Lines official page or app store. Google around a bit I think you can still find it

You can install LINE Lite and of course I had it installed. But it will not connect anymore to the LINE network. And so it is useless. 

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

I never used WhatsApp. Does it have the same problem? 

Same issue with WhatsApp - it works on one ‘mobile’ device only...  

(note: it does work with a Mobile + LapTop). 

Lite App seems to be the way to go for Line - if running an iPhone, as this app is not on the Appstore its going to take a little ‘jiggery pokery’ to download it onto your phone. 

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Have you tried these options in settings? I don't need it so haven't bothered checking 

Screenshot_2022-11-20-14-54-21-837_jp.naver.line.android~2.jpg

If I understand it correctly this is just a different way to log on at a PC or iPad. I have the latest LINE version on Android 11 but this feature doesn't work at all. I could make a screenshot from a YouTube video were this is explained - see picture. I don't get this information at my LINE. It somehow hangs when it should display this. 

SmartSelect_20221120-151026_YouTube.jpg

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same issue with WhatsApp - it works on one ‘mobile’ device only...  

(note: it does work with a Mobile + LapTop). 

Lite App seems to be the way to go for Line - if running an iPhone, as this app is not on the Appstore its going to take a little ‘jiggery pokery’ to download it onto your phone. 

I guess you mean LINE Lite. It doesn't connect to the LINE network anymore. LINE has blocked this at the end of February this year. So WhatsApp is not better... ????????????

I have LINE on my desktop computer, my iPad and my Android phone, all using the same LINE account, but the iPad and Android have different SIM cards/phone numbers.

My Android phone has the phone number I'm registered with. LINE does not log me out of my Android phone, but if I log into my iPad, I'm automatically logged out of my desktop and vice-versa.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I have LINE on my desktop computer, my iPad and my Android phone, all using the same LINE account, but the iPad and Android have different SIM cards/phone numbers.

My Android phone has the phone number I'm registered with. LINE does not log me out of my Android phone, but if I log into my iPad, I'm automatically logged out of my desktop and vice-versa.

You have the same Line ID for each device?

• Thumbs Up 1

"The same LINE account on different mobile devices - How?!"

"Using the same account on more than one device

With the smartphone version of LINE, the same account cannot be used on multiple devices. Only one phone number or email address can be used to verify one account per device. If you register the same phone number on a different device, the account on your previous device will automatically be deleted and you will no longer be able to use it.

You can use the same account on the PC and iPad versions of LINE by logging in with the same email address.

https://help.line.me/line/?contentId=20000132

• Like 1

You can simulate having one LINE ID on several mobile devices but it is kind of kludgy.

Create a similar name on each of the devices... Bob100, Bob101, Bob102... etc.

Set up a chat group (AllBobs) with all the Bob's as members.

Share your list of contacts with AllBobs.

Create a unique chat group for each of your contacts and add all Bob's to each chat group. You can easily rename chat groups to whatever you chose.

Send messages to the unique group containing the person you wish to contact.

Only send a message directly to a contact if you don't want it accessed by all Bobs.

I know.... kind of messy.

There is also a browser extension version of LINE.  I'm guessing it doesn't work on a mobile browser.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The same LINE account on different mobile devices - How?!"

"Using the same account on more than one device

With the smartphone version of LINE, the same account cannot be used on multiple devices. Only one phone number or email address can be used to verify one account per device. If you register the same phone number on a different device, the account on your previous device will automatically be deleted and you will no longer be able to use it.

You can use the same account on the PC and iPad versions of LINE by logging in with the same email address.

https://help.line.me/line/?contentId=20000132

Thats what I thought.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

You can simulate having one LINE ID on several mobile devices but it is kind of kludgy.

Create a similar name on each of the devices... Bob100, Bob101, Bob102... etc.

Set up a chat group (AllBobs) with all the Bob's as members.

Share your list of contacts with AllBobs.

Create a unique chat group for each of your contacts and add all Bob's to each chat group. You can easily rename chat groups to whatever you chose.

Send messages to the unique group containing the person you wish to contact.

Only send a message directly to a contact if you don't want it accessed by all Bobs.

I know.... kind of messy.

There is also a browser extension version of LINE.  I'm guessing it doesn't work on a mobile browser.

Wow. Haven't tried the other version yet. A bit complicated - do you have a graphic? ???? But I tried that with the LINE browser extension. Not perfect, but at least I have access to my other LINE accounts like on the PC.

What I did: The mobile version of the Kiwi Browser is based on Chrome AND can handle many Chrome extensions. Took the Kiwi app and then I installed the LINE extension and now I can log into any LINE account like on a PC. However, a confirmation code will be sent, which you must enter on the registered device where you have the original LINE account.

Thank you ????????????

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

hello, maybe I could tag on to this thread. I am in the US but I have a DTAC Thai SIM in my old phone that can receive SMS from my gf to me ,

on my newer pixel where I have Line installed and working, I had to do a factory reset, and now when I attempt to log in with my Thai SIM DTAC number it asks "what is the phone number on this phone" , I enter the Thai SIM number that is in the other phone, it says "sending code" but I never receive any SMS in the old phone to verify the account and login on the Pixel

I also tried putting the DTAC SIM in the new phone and also get no code, SMS .

I am logged in on a PC, but am afraid of losing my old chats and contacts, if I put in the US SIM number in the pixel to log into an account that is registered to the DTAC SIM

DTAC to go also is not delivering SMS nor "call me" messages/calls , only my gf SMS goes through, fwiw I am on a VPN ,

This happened before and I can't recall how I finally was able to transfer the account to the new phone, I guess if I was in thailand I might get the SMS's but meanwhile I'm stuck with the PC only version.

hopefully I don't lose that also somehow?