Supreme Court clears way for House to get Trump’s taxes

Scott

1 hour ago, TorquayFan said:

Scott that's surprising - I'd thought that Trump had engineered a Supreme Court to favour him ?

"There were no noted dissents" - it appears that his Nominees turned against him ?

They held on long enough to effectively prevent a Dem controlled house getting hold of the returns. Mission Accomplished. Balance "seen".

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

And my point is it should be mandatory. Just to get a Fed job sweeping floors a background check including finances is required. But to be POTUS it's not?

Fully understand your point of view. However I feel that it should remain voluntary as a test of the candidate moral character. 

• Like 1

Just now, SatEng said:

The dem controlled house is there until January so they will get hold of them before they leave - enough time to look at some of the headlining items, and then the tax returns are a matter of record and so will be used as a stick to beat Donald during the campaign for the 2024 presidency

Illegal for the House to release them, apparently. They may be leaked anonymously but not legally.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

then the tax returns are a matter of record and so will be used as a stick to beat Donald during the campaign for the 2024 presidency

That's a very good point.   Since Donald Dump has a propensity to stretch the law beyond it's legal limits, I can't help but imagine there are plenty of skeletons in Dump's  tax closet.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1