Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Nothing there implies they ONLY help black people. You're making stuff up.

The shop is open for everyone, and if someone suffering from domestic abuse comes in need of something they can’t afford, they will give it to them for free. It also helps them pay their rent and continue doing their work.

https://bootstrapcharity.com/blog/meet-sistah-space/

Errrmmm , from your link :

Can you not understand what is written ?

Its like you read something and understand something other than what is written 

(Please dont ask to post the link again )

Sistah Space are a community-based non-profit initiative created to bridge the gap in domestic abuse services for African heritage women and girls

a community-based non-profit initiative created to bridge the gap in domestic abuse services for African heritage women and girls. ‘Sistah’ is how some black women refer to each other, and it invokes sisterhood.

Additionally, Sistah Space is currently running a fundraiser for a black women’s Short Stay Refuge, so women and children can be housed for anything between 2 days to 4 weeks 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Oh come on! Anyone quoting Nigel Farage in a discussion about race and/or ethnicity has a leaning towards white nationalism and/or outright racism. 
Are you saying you don’t?

I came across this video on twitter and thought it pertinent to the discussion. I am not a fan of Farage per se, but having watched the video I don't think the video shows any racism, he is just giving an opinion?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I have Irish blood on my fathers side.

If I turned up in London at a charity event for Irish soldiers, dressed like a leprechaun and claiming my name was Paddy Mcmurphy I would totally expect a resignation from anyone who assumed I had Irish heritage.

And I'd wear a mic, just in case.

And if someone asked you what nationality you were and you answered them 3 times that you were British but they kept on with the “no, where are you REALLY from” angle then perhaps you might have a different view of the whole matter. 

49 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

As she is British, she did answer in the appropriate way. 

No she didn't she has ended up getting what she wanted, media coverage and was an instigator of the situation, after listening to further comments from her on radio I am convinced she is just another black activist.

• Like 2

Just now, mikeymike100 said:

I came across this video on twitter and thought it pertinent to the discussion. I am not a fan of Farage per se, but having watched the video I don't think the video shows any racism, he is just giving an opinion?

Yes because Nigel is well known for his balanced views on these sort of matters. It’s like asking the Pope to comment on atheism. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Errrmmm , from your link :

Can you not understand what is written ?

Its like you read something and understand something other than what is written 

(Please dont ask to post the link again )

Sistah Space are a community-based non-profit initiative created to bridge the gap in domestic abuse services for African heritage women and girls

a community-based non-profit initiative created to bridge the gap in domestic abuse services for African heritage women and girls. ‘Sistah’ is how some black women refer to each other, and it invokes sisterhood.

Additionally, Sistah Space is currently running a fundraiser for a black women’s Short Stay Refuge, so women and children can be housed for anything between 2 days to 4 weeks 

Did I only post one link? It doesn't shock me that you are now unaware of it / them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

No she didn't she has ended up getting what she wanted, media coverage and was an instigator of the situation, after listening to further comments from her on radio I am convinced she is just another black activist.

Yup. That’s exactly what she is and I don’t think she’s hidden that for many years. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Racism and white supremacy are bed-fellows. If you don’t think Nigel Farange is either one or both then I don’t really know what to say to you. 

I agree wholeheartedly agree about racism and any kind of supremacy, not just white!

I don't follow Farage, I have just seen the odd you tube video, so really I have no comment about him, however you seem to have strong feelings about him?

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

And if someone asked you what nationality you were and you answered them 3 times that you were British but they kept on with the “no, where are you REALLY from” angle then perhaps you might have a different view of the whole matter. 

Well I am REALLY British so that's what I would tell them. 

If my ancestors were REALLY from Africa, Asia or whatever I would tell them. Honest question. Honest answer. Nothing to be ashamed of. No need to start race baiting with an OAP who is trying to start a conversation while mingling at an event.

It was clearly a setup, hence the hidden wire. She might regret it if the rumours surrounding the charity are true (not saying they are, just rumours at this stage).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Your exact words were 'Finally, and I mention this because it has previously been raised in the public domain, the financial accounts of her charity ,"Sistah Space", apparently make "interesting reading". I suspect that she is a fraud. I rather suspect that Lady Hussey thought so to. Does having such a suspicion make me a racist?'

At least own up to your accusations which are VERY obviously that she is some sort of financial fraud and NOT about how she presented herself.

No they are not. The main thrust of my argument is that she is pretending, presenting herself, as somebody she is not. As for the charity finances, they are on the internet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I agree wholeheartedly agree about racism and any kind of supremacy, not just white!

I don't follow Farage, I have just seen the odd you tube video, so really I have no comment about him, however you seem to have strong feelings about him?

Because [insert color here] supremacism and [insert color here] entitlement are actual things?

2 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

And when all else fails, let’s pull out the nationalist card. 
Just because we don’t agree with your myopic vision of what the UK is about doesnt mean we are attacking the UK and it certainly doesn’t mean we despise it. 
If anything we love it more because we love its diversity, it’s different cultures and its tolerance for others. We have faith the UK will be ok, whilst you and your ilk think a cultural war is just around the corner. 
Thankfully you are very much in the minority as like it or not (probably not), the UK is continuing with inclusiveness and thankfully, calling out idiots like Lady Foot In Her Mouth. 

But if you love diversity and culture so much , why do you oppose old White females for ? 

Like many others, in your attempts to be really anti racist , you become racist yourself , supporting people who have racist charities and want teachers based on their race and not ability .

I am all for equality and diversity , and I disagree with any forms of racism , unlike others who agree with racism ("Sorry, this refuge isn't for White people")  because they are "anti-racist" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Apparently a descendant of a remittance man from a famous cotton mill family ????

You've lost me buddy who would that be. 

I'm an Adams descendant of a family that gave two Presendent's to USA, I guess I'm totally racist without saying anything. ????????????

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

You've lost me buddy who would that be. 

I'm an Adams descendant of a family that gave two Presendent's to USA, I guess I'm totally racist without saying anything. ????????????

There were many of them. Do your own research if interested, off topic here.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Are you now re writing the story and leaving out the bits where Ngozi didn't initially  answer the question and gave deliberate misleading answers , causing Hussey to keep asking the question again and again ?

• Thanks 1

I don't think of things like this as something special - just part of the misunderstandings, territorial games and social faux pas, that make life interesting and different. Have a laugh. Don't be too serious. 

Overt racism should be, and is condemned, but marginal situations like this should be seen as part of the rich tapestry of social situations that can be uplifting or can go south fast - people should be given the opportunity to come back tomorrow and hopefully do a bit better. To conclude, with no reasonable doubt, she had conscious ill intentions and is racist is making assumptions based on your own subjective opinions.  Similar to what racists do and are condemned for doing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

She stated she was British, which she is, and that should have been the end of it. That it wasn’t was due to prejudicial attitudes regarding who should be allowed to answer such. 

The charity worker instigated nothing but was the one who suffered a line of questioning based on racist attitudes towards who can claim to be British. 

As to her speaking out on the incident, good. There should be no place for racism in society. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you now re writing the story and leaving out the bits where Ngozi didn't initially  answer the question and gave deliberate misleading answers , causing Hussey to keep asking the question again and again ?

Her replies were precise and truthful. She was there in her capacity as CEO of the charity. She replied with the name of the charity. Then she was asked where she came from. She replied with the place where her charity was based. She was motivated to discuss her charity. There's no common sense around here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

She stated she was British, which she is, and that should have been the end of it. That it wasn’t was due to prejudicial attitudes regarding who should be allowed to answer such. 

The charity worker instigated nothing but was the one who suffered a line of questioning based on racist attitudes towards who can claim to be British. 

As to her speaking out on the incident, good. There should be no place for racism in society. 

There's no sad motive, sadly enough which is what your post would get from me instead of filling up more space. 

23 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Are you not British? He is VERY well known in the UK for being racist and for his extreme views on this sort of thing. Plenty on here probably love him though. 

Just now, johnnybangkok said:

Are you not British? He is VERY well known in the UK for being racist and for his extreme views on this sort of thing. Plenty on here probably love him though. 

I didn't know that. Got a link?

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

She stated she was British, which she is, and that should have been the end of it.

Wrong. 

She is British. But she was dressed in African garb, using an African name and representing a charity for African women. It is perfectly legitimate to ask about her heritage.

It was a setup. Hence wearing the wire and the previous posts about the Royal Family. 

I understand that Lefty Americans don't like our royal family but this campaign is bordering on the ridiculous.

• Like 2