Trump calls for the termination of the Constitution in Truth Social post

Scott

Off topic, but funny to me is when Trump announced he is running for president, no one questioned it and asked to see the filing or the names of his campaign committee and other requirements. 

Yes he did it before, but now much more difficult to get a campaign manager etc... 

None of those things are automatic.  So in reality, like his tax returns, no one has seen the paperwork he supposedly filed to begin another run for President...   He just goes on TV and announces it like he has the "right" to run again  5555

24 minutes ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

Rigging social media isn't stealing an election if it's the Democrats who win because of it, is what I'm hearing here.

It will be interesting to see how long that holds up when the shoe is on the other foot.

Peace.

There's the problem - you're trying to listen to the posts. Try reading them instead, it will be much more enlightening.

• Like 1

As I have said before: liked him as President, can't stand him as an ex-President.  I'm frankly happy when he does things like this because it will hopefully erode his base of support more quickly and let the GOP get on with choosing their 2024 candidate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't really see anything wrong in it as a comment if he truly believes there was massive corruption (I know he is as mad as a bag of frogs but pity the deranged and lock them up don't dwell on their rantings)

I hate Trumpy, probably more than anyone, but when I read it, I don't see him explicitly calling for the suspension of the constitution.....

“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” 

And the media representing him as saying that EXPLICITLY are as bad as he is.

The same with all that bull that Elon Musk is putting out - thats also a gross over-reaction by both Elon and the media that wants to use the information for its own ends.

Trump was right when he was ranting that the media are corrupt (sadly he scored another own goal by his courting of FOX), its a fact we should all be aware of.

(light touch flame and run)

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's always risible when we see "I hate Trump but". It's like trying to confuse people into thinking your unbiased.

When does "truly believe" stop? Is 60 lost court cases somehow not enough?

I am unbiased, thats the point.

I agree with your second sentence but thats our opinion, the speaker of the words (Trump) has a different opinion. He is entitled to that opinion, just as you are entitled to your opinion that I am biased.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

It does seem like most non-Americans who support Trump are more white nationalist than their American counterparts.  So I'm sorry your President is not white nationalist enough for you.  Probably a good thing. 

You honestly think Trump is/was a white nationalist? The guy who lets his daughter marry a Jew, convert to Judaism, have Jewish grandchildren, and STILL employs her Jewish husband in the White House? The guy who signs one of the most important pieces of criminal justice reform legislation for African Americans (sentencing reform) in years? Who restored funding taken from Historically Black Colleges and Universities?

Yeah- THAT White Nationalist....

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Do you now look at his presidency itself in a different light? It may have seemed like some were overly concerned, before and during the Trump presidency, about what might lie ahead. The signs were clearly there though -  poor decision making, constant lies, rarely acting in good faith. Many were criticised as exaggerating Trumps lack of character and smarts but here we are. 

No, not really. I knew he was a BS artist before he was elected. Hell, he was a builder from New York City- what did you expect? Perhaps his one failing that grew unexpectedly was his absolute hatred of being seen as a "loser". IMHO that began to cloud his decision making more and more as time went on. 

Just now, vangrop said:

That guy is a criminel such as the ones supporting him and should be jailed

It used to be widely said that you don't have to be a racist to support Trump but all racists did. I don't believe that anymore. There is plenty of scope for non racist Republicans to condemn Trump but very few do, just as he himself refuses to condemn Nazis like West and Fuentes.

• Like 1