Trump calls for the termination of the Constitution in Truth Social post

Scott

Trump's anti-American rhetoric is having the desired effect. The peasants are revolting.

With Power Grid Under Attack, U.S. Struggles to Pursue Far-Right Extremists

An attack that plunged tens of thousands of people in North Carolina into darkness has raised new concerns over a mounting threat posed by radical homegrown extremists declaring open war on the United States power grid.

But experts and former officials note that, despite a stated priority in combatting this threat, obstacles exist for law enforcement agencies in pursuing such measures against individuals and groups on U.S. soil.

https://www.newsweek.com/power-grid-under-attack-us-struggles-pursue-far-right-extremists-1764803

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

So you've gone from the radical suggestion that the US should do without its constitution, to implying that I should know what countries have successful democracies without constitutions, to acknowledging you don't know the basics of what you are posting about. 

That's worth remembering when reading your future posts.

Ergo why ignore was created...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Trump's anti-American rhetoric is having the desired effect. The peasants are revolting.

With Power Grid Under Attack, U.S. Struggles to Pursue Far-Right Extremists

An attack that plunged tens of thousands of people in North Carolina into darkness has raised new concerns over a mounting threat posed by radical homegrown extremists declaring open war on the United States power grid.

But experts and former officials note that, despite a stated priority in combatting this threat, obstacles exist for law enforcement agencies in pursuing such measures against individuals and groups on U.S. soil.

https://www.newsweek.com/power-grid-under-attack-us-struggles-pursue-far-right-extremists-1764803

Sounds like a scene from a Die Hard movie....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Trump won indeed but not because the people spoke as you claim but because the Electoral College spoke. If it had been the people then Clinton had 2,864,974 votes more than Trump, the largest popular vote margin of any losing presidential candidate in U.S. history, according to the AP.

Give it a rest already.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

If the people didn't speak how did Trump win more electoral votes? Nothing worse than sore losers.

You being from the US I would have presumed you'd know:

Electoral College

In other U.S. elections, candidates are elected directly by popular vote. But the president and vice president are not elected directly by citizens. Instead, they are chosen by “electors” through a process called the Electoral College.

https://www.usa.gov/election

Hillary Clinton Officially Wins Popular Vote by Nearly 2.9 Million

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-officially-wins-popular-vote-29-million/story?id=44354341

Who's a sore loser? Or is pulling you up on misleading claims your definition of being sore?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, heybruce said:

What countries are managing fine without a constitution?  Yeah, I know, the UK, but where else?

UK does have a proto constitution though...

From wiki

Magna Carta still forms an important symbol of liberty today, often cited by politicians and campaigners, and is held in great respect by the British and American legal communities, Lord Denning describing it as "the greatest constitutional document of all times—the foundation of the freedom of the individual against the arbitrary authority of the despot

Edited by mikebike

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Trump won because folks wanted a non politician type to lead them. The people spoke.

45 squeaked by in 2016 because Hillary was a flawed candidate who's campaign made some giant mistakes. The people kinda whispered....

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 9:22 PM, Skallywag said:

Have been saying since Jan. 6 that POTUS 45 will eventually be indicted and expatriate himself to a non-extradition country to avoid jail.  OF course even from Russia or China or any of the middle east countries, he can still spout off on socials to satisfy his followers/ devotees

I've been anticipating this since his inauguration.  I envisioned an area of dachas where he and his goons would live in exile among the oligarchs.  I thought Russia at first, but not now.

CPAC held a jamboree in Hungary in the past year, maybe somebody is doing advanced planning.  Orban is practically idolized on Fox.  Just think: Budapest, home of the US Republican Party in exile. 

And not just the social prattle, they can still run their various on-line businesses (selling pillows, asking for donations, and so on). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I've been anticipating this since his inauguration.  I envisioned an area of dachas where he and his goons would live in exile among the oligarchs.  I thought Russia at first, but not now.

CPAC held a jamboree in Hungary in the past year, maybe somebody is doing advanced planning.  Orban is practically idolized on Fox.  Just think: Budapest, home of the US Republican Party in exile. 

And not just the social prattle, they can still run their various on-line businesses (selling pillows, asking for donations, and so on). 

He can join Thaksin in Dubai and still rant away....

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

As I have said before: liked him as President, can't stand him as an ex-President.  I'm frankly happy when he does things like this because it will hopefully erode his base of support more quickly and let the GOP get on with choosing their 2024 candidate.

Just out of curiousity, what did you like about him as President?