Thai Immigration continues overstaying crackdown, passport checks take place across Pattaya

webfact

15 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

It amazes me that they still have 90 day reporting and all the other silly rules for a law abiding Farang to stay there. Just like having people leave the country for one day only to return. WHAT IS THE POINT?

It has nothing to do with us and everything to do with Thais.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your view is incorrect....I don't need to report every 90 days. Own a condo and a house, retired and living a great life...

I don't need to report either, my agent does it for me, instead of having to go to Immi. I have to go to my agent....exactly the same really hence we both have to report.

Plus I own a house, a condo, a beach hut and a tree house, retired and living an extremely good life. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

300,000 illegal retirees paying 20,000 baht to bypass immigration requirements, mostly keeping money in the bank = 6 Billion baht

They should do a crackdown on these retirees flouting the law.

13 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Why do we need to understand their logic for having 90 day reports, they are a requirement of the visa, if you don't like 90 day reports, don't get the visa. Thailand doesn't need to justify their reasons for having certain rules in place, certainly not to non-citizens. If you don't like what you perceive as their reasons for having or doing certain things, there are 194 other countries for you to chose from.

Sorry to say this but it seems to me that you would not be a person that one could have an intelligent discussion or debate with. This forum is one of those venues that provides opportunity for comments, and many have sensible contributions, unfortunately your is not.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Smart Visas. Not sure about LTR visas now. May be they also don't require 90-day reporting. 

You are correct.....LTR visas are a once a year check-in. I now have the LTRWP 10 year (retirement) visa.  I added the retirement since I am retired.

Edited by ThailandRyan

16 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

It amazes me that they still have 90 day reporting and all the other silly rules for a law abiding Farang to stay there. Just like having people leave the country for one day only to return. WHAT IS THE POINT? What does that really accomplish and how does it improve the validation that someone is abiding by the rules and not being a problem for the country.  The good/honest people are doing the 90 days reporting. The bad guys who overstay aren't. So find a better process Thailand. Quit treating the honest guests of your country like criminals and more like they are welcome. 

To be fair 90 day reports are now a few clicks on my phone. Done. There's things to complain about but 90 days ain't it.

49 minutes ago, kennw said:

Sorry to say this but it seems to me that you would not be a person that one could have an intelligent discussion or debate with. This forum is one of those venues that provides opportunity for comments, and many have sensible contributions, unfortunately your is not.

Yes teacher.

2 hours ago, Salerno said:

Because some people like purposefully leaving out pertinent info to wind people up. Re the house and condo, I read that as a separate issue in that it was just a mini-brag to highlight that he lives a very comfortable lifestyle here in response to the claim he was replying to.

Just seen that Ryan has an LTR visa that doesn't need 90 day reporting. Thanks for the clarification Ryan.

Edited by Raphael Hythlodaeus

15 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Brilliant,

Let's just get some degree of normality going as the economy is way down and get the tourists returning.

Step 2, as soon is you can see ' green shoots of a revival ' and arrivals picking up, let's start passport checks, raiding bars and switching the lights on and making everybody uncomfortable and feel like criminals, then cap it off with 2am closing in beach resorts.

Those in power in this country really know their stuff!

What could possibly go wrong.

It was always going to happen wasn't it? Goose that laid the golden egg and partook in keeping the economy going during COVID is now being spit roast.

Traditional, typical, ignorant greedy behaviour. It would be interesting to see the percentage of foreigners they're targeting. Bet a pound to your penny it's aimed at westerners.

Double your money, if the Chinese were here now they'd be given a pass also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnet1900 said:

It was always going to happen wasn't it? Goose that laid the golden egg and partook in keeping the economy going during COVID is now being spit roast.

Traditional, typical, ignorant greedy behaviour. It would be interesting to see the percentage of foreigners they're targeting. Bet a pound to your penny it's aimed at westerners.

Double your money, if the Chinese were here now they'd be given a pass also.

Do you not read the Thai newspapers and see all the stories about Chinese Triads illegally owning businesses in Thailand and buying Thai ID's? There are shed loads of Chinese here and no, they are not being given a pass, they are the ones being targeted if anyone is.

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

I don't need to report either, my agent does it for me, instead of having to go to Immi. I have to go to my agent....exactly the same really hence we both have to report.

Plus I own a house, a condo, a beach hut and a tree house, retired and living an extremely good life. ????

Which one do you have to live in ????

43 minutes ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

Just seen that Ryan has an LTR visa that doesn't need 90 day reporting. Thanks for the clarification Ryan.

I had indicated it in an earlier post and my comment to the other poster was just a post to indicate life is still good 15 years later.....looks like Salerno did not see it as such.  The new LTR visas are like the smart visas.  Elite Visa holders still do 90 day reports.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

To be fair 90 day reports are now a few clicks on my phone. Done. There's things to complain about but 90 days ain't it.

To be fair, 90-days reports are unnecessary. It makes more sense if you validate your current address when you renew your visa each year or if it changes during the year. The good folks, like yourself, always report every 90 days. The cheaters never do. So why have it at all. Makes no sense.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

No,  are you?

Not at all.... if anything they ensure folks who do try to live here are financially sound... needing regular income, a bank balance or some investment into the country. It seems wiser than the situations we see in Western Europe now. 

7 hours ago, Bernietravelling said:

well - learning a little bit about Thailand‘s history might help … ????

Nice try.

You missed my point.

Chinese migration here, never stopped,or ever will.

There are ways to obtain IDs here ,for the right price

Don't forget that their 'tribe' is running things here.

This avenue is not open to farangs though.

I can't make it more blatant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Nice try.

You missed my point.

Chinese migration here, never stopped,or ever will.

There are ways to obtain IDs here ,for the right price

Don't forget that their 'tribe' is running things here.

This avenue is not open to farangs though.

I can't make it more blatant.

Exactly, nail, head.

9 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

Do you not read the Thai newspapers and see all the stories about Chinese Triads illegally owning businesses in Thailand and buying Thai ID's? There are shed loads of Chinese here and no, they are not being given a pass, they are the ones being targeted if anyone is.

We're not talking triads we are talking tourists who are having a beer and being questioned.

The triads are completely different. They're being targetted for everything from laundering to kidnapping. Totally different thing. Read the title of the post. Cops targeting overstay. Not cops targeting organised gangs.

5 minutes ago, Barnet1900 said:

We're not talking triads we are talking tourists who are having a beer and being questioned.

The triads are completely different. They're being targetted for everything from laundering to kidnapping. Totally different thing. Read the title of the post. Cops targeting overstay. Not cops targeting organised gangs.

And the cops can distinguish just by looking whether that person sat having a beer is a tourist or a Chinese triad gang member, really? Is that an extension of the SMART car technology that I've been reading about, it's something, isn't it!

On 12/7/2022 at 4:20 AM, HuskerDo2 said:

It amazes me that they still have 90 day reporting and all the other silly rules for a law abiding Farang to stay there. Just like having people leave the country for one day only to return. WHAT IS THE POINT? What does that really accomplish and how does it improve the validation that someone is abiding by the rules and not being a problem for the country.  The good/honest people are doing the 90 days reporting. The bad guys who overstay aren't. So find a better process Thailand. Quit treating the honest guests of your country like criminals and more like they are welcome. 

I agree with your statement, but seriously, it takes 5 minutes to report online these days. Not really the biggest pain in the <deleted> anymore. 

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I had indicated it in an earlier post and my comment to the other poster was just a post to indicate life is still good 15 years later.....looks like Salerno did not see it as such.  The new LTR visas are like the smart visas.  Elite Visa holders still do 90 day reports.

The most fatal question to ask in Thailand is "Why don't they . . ." 

But it does seem weird that LTR holders do not require the 90 day report, while those (say) who have stayed many years on a Retirement or Marriage extension do. Individually, it's not a big deal, but adding up all the time and money wasted by everyone on this must be considerable.