EV Charging Stations (CS)

KhunLA

I just took a look to see if the PEA, PTT, EA Anywhere,  Elexa, and Altervim charging network apps show the charging percentage of a charger in use like the ReverSharger app.  PEA does but not the others.

Screenshot_20241016_175933_PEAVOLTA.thumb.jpg.81af6a2dd70bdf406c57859e0f208049.jpg

18 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

That's cool. I was more interested in the fact that’ll  between 09.00 and 22.00 they charge 8 baht per kWh, but from 22.00 to 09.00 is drops to 8 baht per kWh.

Like Elexa, Rever charges a flat fee with no off peak rates. I will definitely be,looking to charge at PTT or PEA during off peak hours if I have to pay.

20 hours ago, mistral53 said:

WOW - this Rever app upgrade rocks! I take this over reservations every time.

Next step is a cam to show whether there are other cars in a cue.

2024-10-16_12-42-55.jpg

I was underwhelmed by this update as to me, the more important matrix is the number of cars in the queue. More important than that, I feel they should be restricting free charging up to 80% only and if anyone wants to charge to 100%, this should of course be possible but not for free. This would significantly speed up charging for all users and reduce the queues.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I was underwhelmed by this update as to me, the more important matrix is the number of cars in the queue. More important than that, I feel they should be restricting free charging up to 80% only and if anyone wants to charge to 100%, this should of course be possible but not for free. This would significantly speed up charging for all users and reduce the queues.

You are Thai, me me me. So you are never charge to 100% when it is free? Even it would cost Money to charge full you have to wait.

Edited by UWEB
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I agree knowing how many people are in the queue would be great but how would they do that ? add a button on the screen so people have to physically press to get in line ? which could then appear on the app i guess .

I suppose it depends how many people are wanting to free charge in that particular area ?

I have only charged 8 times since Sept 1st ( accruing 528kw ) but only found 1 person waiting 1 time ( ironically i didn’t know she was waiting but she soon let me know ! ) which meant i waited 15 mins.

On the other times it has been very quiet with around 50/50 between sharing the charger or getting it all for myself ( insert evil laugh here ).

So I don’t really agree with the 80% rule but if you frequently encounter queues then i can understand.

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

Agree, there is no real reason to charge up to 100%.   Especially if that is all we're doing, is sitting waiting to be at 100%  I'm not a patient person, if doing nothing.  Walk dog/stretch, P, munch and we're done about same time as car.  Many times car finished to 90-95% before we're don munching.

Only if nobody is waiting and we're searching internet will it ever get 100% at CS.

Though 90% would be fine, as the MG ZS actually doesn't start slowing down till about 95%, and that last 5% can take 15-20 minutes.

I'm definitely not waiting 15 mins for 5%, and really rude to make someone else wait.

We rarely charge to 100%, especially if someone is waiting.  90-95% is way more than enough for our next leg, as means we're already 3+ hrs away from home.

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

IMO the most important factor is how many chargers are actually available under the BYD Free/Reduced Rate Promotion as signified by the "charger PIN color" 24 hours a day like shown in the images at the bottom,   And there are not nearly enough in many locations for those folks who want to take advantage of the promotion without encountering usage obstacles such as middle of the night charging, needing to drive numerous kilometers to the nearest Red Pin charger, etc. 

- a "Red Pin" charger (i.e., a Red circle with R)  versus being a Black Pin charger where the promotion is available 24/7.  The chargers everyone wants to be nearby.   Fortunately,  during my particular driving in western Bangkok and some provinces due west of Bangkok I have fairly easy access to around a half dozen Red Pin chargers which I don't need to go out of my way to use....and I don't have to queue more than 10 minutes or even queue at all.   But I know for other folks Red Pin chargers are a ring that is hard to reach.

- a Black Pin charger where the promotion is "not" available 24/7...not available on any day or during any hours "unless you want to pay Bt8/KWH" then charge all you want at most any time.  Maybe due to charger technical limitations, etc.  

- a Gray Pin charger which typically means the promotion is only available during certain hours like only Mon-Fri from 10pm to 8am (a great time if you are a Vampire or a Werewolf but not so great if you like to sleep at night) and also available 24 hrs on Sat/Sun.    Or a Gray Pin can mean "only" available on Sat/Sun; no Mon-Fri free hours....all depends on the location.  And a Grey Pin can also mean the charger is in-operational (i.e., broke).  Basically Grey Pin chargers have charging limitations under the promotion "unless" you want to pay full rate....then charge all your want at Bt8/KWH.   These limitations are probably due to technical limitation of some of the ReverShargers chargers and/or some locations like some BYD Dealerships who have limited parking space want to make the maximum parking space available for "potential vehicle buyers" and vehicles needing servicing during the normal Mon-Fri daylight business...they just don't want charging vehicles to take away from their limited parking space during Mon-Fri daylight hours.    Whatever the reason(s) Gray Pin charger locations have usage limitations but such chargers are endorsed by the Vampire and Werewolf Union.

Due to ReverSharger limitations/availability across many parts of Thailand too bad BYD did make a deal with say the PEA and/or PTT charging networks to where free charging would be available "assuming the PEA/PTT chargers have the ability to read the VIN number during the charging process and if a VIN number of a BYD vehicle covered under the promotion then no charge occurs.  I'm pretty sure PEA chargers can read VIN numbers as they also have AutoCharge capability just like the ReverSharger Red PIN chargers.

A couple snapshots from the ReverSharger app of certain areas that have few Red Pin chargers at any time or on any day....or only service vampires and werewolfs.😜

Central, highrise Bangkok

image.thumb.jpeg.b7e11d44c7ec0f7785ad024ee0c6ecb2.jpeg

Chiang Mai

image.thumb.jpeg.aab112114c6276a3ab1eed167d697452.jpeg

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1