January 6 committee considers criminal referrals for at least 4 others besides Trump

Scott

40 minutes ago, candide said:

That would be great! I can imagine Republicans investigating other Republicans about perjury for declaring that elections were not rigged! 

I would like to watch Barr: "Mr Barr did you commit a perjury when you told Trump that elections have not been rigged?" Barr: "That's B.S.!" ????

All these imaginary scenarios are good for a laugh.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Exactly...many of these witnesses will be facing perjury investigations by the next House ???? 

Unlikely.  Investigation their claims will not only show them to be correct, but could uncover other inconvenient facts about January 6 that will embarrass a lot of Republicans.

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Where is the BLM Riots Committee?

Committee for what?  Were their politicians that spent weeks organizing a big rally, who gave incendiary speeches, then pointed the mob in a certain direction and told them to "fight like hell"?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, candide said:

That would be great! I can imagine Republicans investigating other Republicans about perjury for declaring that elections were not rigged! 

I would like to watch Barr: "Mr Barr did you commit a perjury when you told Trump that elections have not been rigged?" Barr: "That's B.S.!" ????

Do you even know what "perjury" means...AG Barr wasn't under oath when talking to President Trunp ????????????

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Do you even know what "perjury" means...AG Barr wasn't under oath when talking to President Trunp ????????????

???? Ooops! I meant "Mr Barr did you commit a perjury when you testified you told Trump that elections have not been rigged?" Barr: "That's B.S.!"

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/13/bill-barr-testifies-before-house-jan-6-committee-about-trump-election-claims.html

GOP members who rebuffed Jan. 6 panel may face referral to ethics panel 

While members of Congress can’t be held liable for their speech on the floor, the department could determine their actions in the weeks leading up to Jan. 6 were well outside the scope of their official duties.  

For Perry, that involved conversations with the former president and Justice Department lawyer Jeffrey Clark, who Trump weighed installing as attorney general so he could forward investigations into his baseless claims of election fraud.  

Jordan attended multiple meetings discussing various strategies for keeping Trump in office after he lost the 2020 election. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3769283-gop-members-who-rebuffed-jan-6-panel-may-face-referral-to-ethics-panel/

The House select committee investigating the Jan 6th Capitol is meeting on Sunday and is expected to make criminal referrals to the Department of Justice which will put Attorney General Merrick Garland on the spot over whether to file indictments.

During an appearance on MSNBC's "The Katie Phang Show," one former federal prosecutor explained that she expects to see Donald Trump and attorney John Eastman at the top of the list of referrals.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-criminal-referral-2658948705/

Let's see how Jack Smith handles it.  The 1/6 committee did the job of public awareness and managed to counter the incessant whining by the former president -- I think the midterm results indicate that.  I'm also anticipating him taking to task all other looneys involved in the ridiculous events that transpired between Election Day 2020 and the following Inauguration Day, like the goofy lady that called the Pentagon about an ambassador being kidnapped.  I can also see an overall review of the antics of DT and his entourage during his term in office, that stuff can go on for years, and some pretty ugly stuff gets revealed.

Stephen Miller in the Hague on human rights charges?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bendejo said:

Let's see how Jack Smith handles it.  The 1/6 committee did the job of public awareness and managed to counter the incessant whining by the former president -- I think the midterm results indicate that.  I'm also anticipating him taking to task all other looneys involved in the ridiculous events that transpired between Election Day 2020 and the following Inauguration Day, like the goofy lady that called the Pentagon about an ambassador being kidnapped.  I can also see an overall review of the antics of DT and his entourage during his term in office, that stuff can go on for years, and some pretty ugly stuff gets revealed.

Stephen Miller in the Hague on human rights charges?

Let's wait and see if he actually comes up with something, rather than assuming he will find something indictable.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Let's wait and see if he actually comes up with something, rather than assuming he will find something indictable.

Trump has open acknowledged that he removed government documents from the White House without the approval of the National Archives. It's not really difficult to find overwhelming evidence against him.

• Like 1