Loads of Useless Apps.

NoshowJones

I have a three year old Xiaomi Note 4 phone. there are loads and loads of useless apps on the phone. Most of them start with com.android ---------.

Should I just delete them if they are never used? Are there any I should not delete? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Are there any I should not delete?

Yes if they are system apps...........

Suggest you go to a site like the XDA forums and look up your phone and see which apps people have successfully deleted and how.

Xiaomi tend to be full of so called bloatware and I ended up rooting my Redmi Note 8 to remove most of it.

1 minute ago, topt said:

Yes if they are system apps...........

Suggest you go to a site like the XDA forums and look up your phone and see which apps people have successfully deleted and how.

Xiaomi tend to be full of so called bloatware and I ended up rooting my Redmi Note 8 to remove most of it.

That's fine I don't see how it can do any harm to it. It might even stop all the annoying things that keep happening like the torch and camera always coming on without me touching either of them.

If your phone is not hacked/rooted you will not be able to delete essential stuff.

Some apps can be stopped/deactivated but not deleted/uninstalled.

There are methods to get rid of more bloatware but not trivial (developer mode. USB debugging, Android debugger on a PC).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If your phone is not hacked/rooted you will not be able to delete essential stuff.

There are methods to get rid of more bloatware but not trivial (developer mode. USB debugging, Android debugger on a PC).

Deactivating essential apps risk putting the device into a bootloop. 

Whilst it may be possible to reactivate the app without a system reset it is not guaranteed. 

This is what "Smart Phone" are - Spyware 100%.

You can't get rid of the bloat or the spyware which you need to accept as a EULA to use the app.

Get a dumb phone and use Linux on your computer. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And some apps like banking apps might refuse to work if the phone is rooted. But not only banking apps might complain. 

• 3 weeks later...