Big Joke says he's investigating Immigration from top to bottom : 27 cops in headlights

webfact

7 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Agent fees will soon triple!   700,000 fee so they can say you have 800,000.  Lol

The tale of doubling and tripling agent fees by members of this forum who take pride in their accomplishments getting a "refugee visa" (aka retirement/wife visa) is not new. I have heard that tale when they required health insurance for O-A extension and when the time limit was mandated. In the mean time I earned more than 10% keeping my money where it belongs and sharing my wealth to unfortunate people who don't earn dollars. 

You want to run around collecting paper, documents, checking every transfer is international or not, waiting in immigration queue every year, and kowtowing to every demand of IOs while keeping your hard earned money for a few baht in a Saving account in your retirement years is your prerogative and you derive immense pleasure at the end for getting your "refugee extension" for 1900 baht and consider it as an accomplishments. Enjoy that. 

I get my pleasure by getting my "refugee extension" by not doing any paperwork or kowtowing to IOs demand while my money earns 10% and sharing my wealth with unfortunates few who don't earn in dollars. 

Edited by Onerak

6 hours ago, smedly said:

by far the biggest corrupt practice involving IO I have observed over years is when people use agents to circumvent the financial requirements for 12 month extensions, pretty much every person I know uses an agent and does not meet the financial requirements "in Thailand" for either bank balance or income, bribes are paid to circumvent the rules

You mean sharing with unfortunate few with the same aspirations and desires but unable to earn dollars because the country they were born in for no fault of their own? I don't see anything wrong with that. Are you jealous?

Edited by Onerak

And how did Surachate get to the dizzy heights he achieved and then to be sidelined and then, as if by magic, reinstalled as a General?

Was this all down to his squeaky clean image or magnificent crime solving abilities or even a superior knowledge of Thai law?

Surely, he didn't do anything underhand?

They couldn't lie straight in bed most of them.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Hakparn isn't about chasing the old farang who's dropped 20k so he can squat on his retired school teacher wife's mortgaged half-rai in Bahn Nawk for another year.

image.png.04069e1737de6bb01cb18b4b8c224d5b.png

Here he is personally leading arrests of overstayers.

I seem to recall fairly recently he would be publicising every arrest no matter how minor, in order to make himself look good. Until his fall from grace that is. 

I forecast a committee being formed as we speak to investigate these miscreants followed by a serious  " crackdown " and then some coloured posters in Immigration offices asking us to phone a " hotline ( that never gets answered ) if we are asked for tips!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I seem to recall fairly recently he would be publicising every arrest no matter how minor, in order to make himself look good. Until his fall from grace that is. 

He's on his " second wind " now and feels he has established himself again so he can lift his profile and have his troop of PR clowns to follow him around whilst he finger points and pretends he's a competent policeman. 

9 hours ago, smedly said:

by far the biggest corrupt practice involving IO I have observed over years is when people use agents to circumvent the financial requirements for 12 month extensions, pretty much every person I know uses an agent and does not meet the financial requirements "in Thailand" for either bank balance or income, bribes are paid to circumvent the rules

Wow, how did you come to this conclusion nobody ever knew about this. LOL ???? 

5 hours ago, twchang said:

Pol Gen Surachate "Big Joke" is the "last" honest police if he is not liquidated we will probably see him as police chief in Thailand !

What !

Must have been toking on that well staked Bong.

Honest and Police, That's two words,  that just do not go together in Thailand.

15 hours ago, smedly said:

You don't seem to understand what a bribe is. Bribes are not paid. You're not bribing someone when they are requesting a fee for a well-established service that is available. 

9 hours ago, Surasak said:

There are other reasons for using an agent than the usual financial requirements. I now of a few people who use an agent, including myself who have the financial wherewithal. None of these people consider they are paying a 'bribe' for a service provided and I can say you would be met with total contempt if you suggested it. When mud is thrown some of it has a tendency to stick, might I suggest you be a little more careful when using a black pot of paint?

I know a number of people that probably have a lot more money than Smedley who use the expedited visa extension service as they couldn't be bothered with jumping through hoops every year.

Perhaps Smedley is looking for a job as an undercover agent to help "Big Joke" clean up the Immigration department. He wants most of the people he knows that use the service to be expelled from Thailand. Perhaps he should change his name to "Snobley".????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

You don't seem to understand what a bribe is. Bribes are not paid. You're not bribing someone when they are requesting a fee for a well-established service that is available. 

Think you missed the point, the comment was "does not meet the financial requirements...." that means it's a service  for something that's illegal. 

• Like 1

I know a number of people that probably have a lot more money than Smedley who use the expedited visa extension service as they couldn't be bothered with jumping through hoops every year.

"Expedited visa extension". Wow. A new euphemism. Kinda like 'Facilitator'

For me the most germane phrase for the whole agent-IO structure is 'plausible deniability'.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

Same as a bribe!

No Bribe/service fee, no service!

The End.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twchang said:

Pol Gen Surachate "Big Joke" is the "last" honest police if he is not liquidated we will probably see him as police chief in Thailand !

Ah, I get it now.

It's the honest policemen that get the top jobs!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Pathetic isn't it.

These lot have probably committed the ' cardinal sin ' of working without permits.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He is investigating links in the IB ranks to the granting of favors to Chinese nationals looking to live and do business in Thailand. 

He's going to be stepping on some big boys toes... or just doing the two-step and asking them nicely to behave themselves in the future?

He said the investigation has progressed but they were still looking into the transfer of money.

However, he will have a lot of work there if he extrapolates the official income of civil servants with the years of service and then compares that with the actual assets, such as luxury mansions, luxury watches, luxury sports cars, property holdings, overseas accounts, gold holdings, stock holdings, cash, etc. There will be sure officials where such a comparison would attest inexplicably high fortunes.

On 12/13/2022 at 3:05 PM, dallen52 said:

Its a recognised cash cow.

Immigration is offering direct deals ilo use the agent. 

25k at Jomtien gets you a non o and 12 month extension. 

No money in the bank.

Buriram is 34k same deal.

It may be a cash cow at 34 k baht a pop but Hakparn's after the cash whale of half a million baht and beyond per customer.

Context.

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 5:03 AM, Artisi said:

Think you missed the point, the comment was "does not meet the financial requirements...." that means it's a service  for something that's illegal. 

No, I understand his point. You don't understand (also) what a bribe is. No one is bribing immigration officials. The service is sanctioned by immigration officials. They ask for a payment for their service. Inside the immigration office the fee is fixed and paid directly to one of the higher tier officers. (By the way, this is the only time I see immigration officers smile). Agents will usually charge more. People who pay it are paying for aservice which is openly advertised. If there is anyone doing anything illegal here, it's the people offering the service.

You're not going into the immigration office with a fist full of baht, asking if an officer will please extend your visa. That's what bribery is.

People who use that word in these forums are trying to make it seem worse that it is. It's innocuous and will only be stopped when the department decides to end it. I suspect that if "Big Joke" tries to end this, he will be met with a lot of high level oppositon. He could end up with more bullets in his car.

On 12/14/2022 at 5:06 AM, jerrymahoney said:

"Expedited visa extension". Wow. A new euphemism. Kinda like 'Facilitator'

For me the most germane phrase for the whole agent-IO structure is 'plausible deniability'.

It's fast. Pay the fee, come back the next day for your extension. It's not even necessary to queue up. If that is not "expidited" I don't know what is. It's not a euphemism - it's a fact.

Expidite: "make (an action or process) happen sooner or be accomplished more quickly.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:45 AM, JensenZ said:

bribery
noun [ U ]

uk

/ˈbraɪ.bər.i/ us

/ˈbraɪ.bɚ.i/

C2
an attempt to make someone do something for you by giving the person money, presents, or something else that they want :

That is the definition of bribery, never mind you trying to ' flower it up ' and pretend it is a ' service fee ' service fees for what are considered ' free services ' are not services. And just because something has been common practice for a long time, does not alter the fact you are ' oiling the wheels ' of corruption through BRIBERY.