Big Joke says he's investigating Immigration from top to bottom : 27 cops in headlights

webfact

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Its a recognised cash cow.

Immigration is offering direct deals ilo use the agent. 

25k at Jomtien gets you a non o and 12 month extension. 

No money in the bank.

Buriram is 34k same deal.

A Bangkok agent will do it for ฿14,000.

Deals to be had if you shop around

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, ozfarang said:

A Bangkok agent will do it for ฿14,000.

Deals to be had if you shop around

Used to be 14500

Soi Buchao.

Convert to non o.

Add the 12 months extension. 

Have io computers updated to show the funds.

Bangkok bank preferred. 

Kasikorn was 2000 extra.

Now it's 17k to get non o.

Plus 17k to extension it, and show funds.

About 8 in Pattaya saying the same figures. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

by far the biggest corrupt practice involving IO I have observed over years is when people use agents to circumvent the financial requirements for 12 month extensions, pretty much every person I know uses an agent and does not meet the financial requirements "in Thailand" for either bank balance or income, bribes are paid to circumvent the rules

I use an agent and I have far more than what is needed in Thai bank accounts plus more than what is needed in monthly income.  I use an agent simply for the convenience.  

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

I use an agent and I have far more than what is needed in Thai bank accounts plus more than what is needed in monthly income.  I use an agent simply for the convenience.  

Some of us cannot afford that convenience so do it ourselves, with deposit or income as required.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The total of bribes agents fees paid across the nation is peanuts compared to the figures being bandied about here. Hakparn is chasing after hundreds of Chinese who have paid millions, maybe billions, to get an immigration status that allows them to sit behind a Thai proxy and acquire huge tracts of valuable land on Sukhumvit and Ratcahdapisek. Hakparn isn't about chasing the old farang who's dropped 20k so he can squat on his retired school teacher wife's mortgaged half-rai in Bahn Nawk for another year.

Thought they put in prohibitions against proxies back in 2015.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The total of bribes agents fees paid across the nation is peanuts compared to the figures being bandied about here. Hakparn is chasing after hundreds of Chinese who have paid millions, maybe billions, to get an immigration status that allows them to sit behind a Thai proxy and acquire huge tracts of valuable land on Sukhumvit and Ratcahdapisek. Hakparn isn't about chasing the old farang who's dropped 20k so he can squat on his retired school teacher wife's mortgaged half-rai in Bahn Nawk for another year.

True, seen this around where we are in the middle of nowhere special. Chinese own houses, work when the visa forbids, visa for guardians of 'Thai' kids really Chinese, buying Thai ID's. Round the corner Chinese man bought land for 100 million, not that many rai either. You have to admire them in a way. ????

44 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

I'm  pretty well minted now days.

But I will only give those people 1,900 baht.

Happy to wait in line, rather then give extra money to anyone in a uniform or the agents for this so called service to the ex-pat

your a guest community ( cough cough )

F!!!!!!!!!! 'em all.

But I do understand it can get outrageously complicated for some,  at some obscure offices around Thailand.

So use an agent for this is good.

But for the lazy, well it's just that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

At the moment 27 IB police are in the frame for having committed criminal offences.

when i first read the headline i thought 27 angels were being protected by divine light.....and the rest of them were up for investigation.

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Do it the easy, legal way = Bht 65k per month of which you can spend every last satang.

It requires extra paperwork at Extension renewal time and forces you to move money when perhaps rates are not good... and if you are late one month, potentially no Extension. Works for people on regular income like a pension I guess.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

by far the biggest corrupt practice involving IO I have observed over years is when people use agents to circumvent the financial requirements for 12 month extensions, pretty much every person I know uses an agent and does not meet the financial requirements "in Thailand" for either bank balance or income, bribes are paid to circumvent the rules

Hope you don't become a snitch. Maybe Immigration might want to talk to you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Agent fees will soon triple!   700,000 fee so they can say you have 800,000.  Lol

Quite obvious when someone posts a comment of this nature, there head is not a consideration. I am also of the impression Bananas are not straight, I have yet to find one.

4 hours ago, champers said:

When he has done with rooting out the bad Chinese will he move onto the bad Indians, Russians, Brits, Aussies, Koreans, etc?

From today's news it seems that Japanese gangsters are next on his hit list. Yakuza beware!

Why not ? There’s enough western crooks and thugs around to Thailand ( and elsewhere) to merit some hard search. Don’t we see them in the news all the time ?  Wherever you live in Thailand, I’m sure you know , or know of, similar undesirables.

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Anytime the biggest joke says anything, it should be taken with a grain of salt. This is NOT a serious man. This publicity hound will do anything to grab the spotlight. His follow up is as weak as Prayuth. Much ado about nothing. Again. 

He’s the best Thailands got . 

6 hours ago, smedly said:

There are other reasons for using an agent than the usual financial requirements. I now of a few people who use an agent, including myself who have the financial wherewithal. None of these people consider they are paying a 'bribe' for a service provided and I can say you would be met with total contempt if you suggested it. When mud is thrown some of it has a tendency to stick, might I suggest you be a little more careful when using a black pot of paint?

• Thanks 2