Security Cameras

LittleBear57

My neighbour has cameras installed on their property, however one clearly is aimed over my property covering my front door and patio area. I asked the woman next door why it's looking over my property and the answer was " If you are not doing anything illegal what are you worried about. Has anyone had similar issues and knows the legality of this.

Of course I could get my own cameras and ensure they not only cover my property but theirs as well. This I find rather childish but most of my friends say I should do it, especially as he wants his privacy and has built a high wall. 

If this is in the wrong forum please move it. And thanks in advance for any replies.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Security cameras can have a very wide field of view, and the actual lens can look left right up down within that view, and have movement tracking features etc. It may appear to be looking at your front door, but in reality your front door is a small part of the field of view. The camera is probably looking at a fence, a gate etc., and your front door happens to be beyond that.

Still illegal

If living somewhere in Thailand suburan, not sure if I have ever seen a security camera that records anything decent.

Maybe the Soi dogs on film?

If anyone sees/records anything, RTP will not assist.

If you live more provincial (village), everyone knows who visited you in the middle of the night.????????

2 hours ago, swm59nj said:

I’m sure your neighbors are not filming your daily activities and watching it like a television show. ......
........  Unless you have been having issues with them.  Then their response and pointing of the cameras could be a different story. 

You can't be sure. Even if there were issues, that doesn't make it legal.

Go ask the neighbor why …. Maybe has a reasonable answer…  Incase someone comes over the fence from your side? Best to ask if it bothers you…. My side yard camera the side block wall not the neighbors yard… we live in a village..

9 hours ago, LittleBear57 said:

If you are not doing anything illegal what are you worried about

????????????

that is the largest BS I've ever heard.
Obviously they don't trust your side and I don't buy the neighbor answer  to your question. the problem is if you go trough conflict with the neighbor then it could become a permanent long problem. 
They just need to set their cameras to cover every direction of their own, not neighbor's. Perhaps this idea was not by professional installer, the neighbor asked for that spot.   

Edited by The Theory

Conceivably, a burglar could climb a neighbour's fence, hence the concern that cctv cover that area.

Should you walk around inside your own home  naked and the neighbour spreads the video on Facebook, there would be legal issues for her. If you walk around in your garden naked you could get into trouble however.

Might be better to have a friendly chat with the man of the house about your concerns. If he says it isn't focused on your home interior just the point where burglars could climb the fence, it would be difficult to argue.

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I'd carry in what appears to be a dead body, but isn't!!!!...........about 4 in the morning.........

Let them call the police and see what kicks off........could be entertaining.

Just thought you could also end up doing 20 years.....so maybe not a good idea.

Is the Camera specifically pointed at front of the Ops house, such that it ONLY records imagery from the Ops property. 

OR... if the Camera pointed at the owners property and also films some of the front of the Ops Property ??

There’s a difference...  In the first example the Op may understandably feel strange about this. 

In the second example the Op is over-reacting... whats the big deal ???

It's not illegal IF most of the Image is of the owners property. 

-------

I wonder if this is one of those ‘merican’ cases where someone is looking for any slight so they can complain about their rights being infringed upon ???...

If its just a security camera covering someones own property and inadvertently catching someone else’s property in the background, whats the big deal ?

It rarely moves from my patio area. There is no gate or anything  else in the way. We have like most of our neighbours had issues with the man of the house so I like the others do not speak with him. I will look into the law more and take legal action or just put one up which will cover the edge of my property and a bit of his pool which he will not like.