Watch out for the cocky Chavs...

bob smith

4 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Guess that was around 1985? I first went to Nana plaza in 87

I found the picture on the internet searching for Nana Plaza 1990.

Sexy Night and DC 10 existed for decades, and I remember that parking lot from about 1995. I don't remember when they converted the inner areas to bars. I think it was many years later. 

5 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Who told you this?

I served with enough people from the London regions to tell you that you have been ill informed.

British soldiers come from all walks of life in equal numbers.

After having witnessed  recruits through the army physical training corps  Aldershot I saw first hand  the quality and where they were coming from which was mostly from the north of England . 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

That's a bit judgemental, why are people like you and others here bothered,  either don't take any notice or engage in conversation. 

There are most certainly types whose appearance and behavior warrant putting distance between you and them.

"either don't take any notice or engage in conversation"

Engage in conversation; maybe ok at the Drones Club Bertie.

Have you been reading "The Fine Art of Small Talk" or maybe "How to Win Friends and Influence People"?

Maybe you can ask them if they think the Elgin Marbles should be returned.

There's a conversation starter to engage them with.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cdemundo said:

There are most certainly types whose appearance and behavior warrant putting distance between you and them.

Have you been reading "The Fine Art of Small Talk" or maybe "How to Win Friends and Influence People"?

Or talk about Brexit - exiting conversations.

Nigel-Farage-flag-800x450.jpg

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, G Rex said:

Bob - have you been having remedial English lessons?

Your typing, spelling, and vocabulary have improved immensely since those early old farang girlfriend stealing days. 

i got sick of people moaning about my spelling so i decided to purchase a new keyboard with lights. 

i'm in the big time now baby, boo yah! ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, itsari said:

After having witnessed  recruits through the army physical training corps  Aldershot I saw first hand  the quality and where they were coming from which was mostly from the north of England . 

recruits through the army physical training corps  Aldershot

So, a very small section of the British army then?

Most of the British Army have never even been to Aldershot.

Besides which, how is the entire north of England classed as a deprived area?

8 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Not all but many areas are deprived. 

In my time Aldershot was indeed taking in many recruits 

Aldershot was considered the home of the British army.

Not the case now.

Been to Aldershot or not the recruiting is as I said , from deprived areas.

6 hours ago, itsari said:

I doubt if young people from the London area are interested in joining the British Army .

Most recruits are from deprived areas in the UK . London area is not considered a deprived area 

Not considered Britain either!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Since people from the South started writing about it

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Well OP was uncomfortable so got up and left the place. Next. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I hate to say this but the army training depot is now Pirbright, not far from Aldershot and Guildford. The days of Catterick Garrison for boot camp are long gone.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Come on you must know the types he's talking about? the ones where trouble follows where ever they go, he's not referring to all cockneys or all with tattoes etc

Yes met lots of people in many places having been on the building trade, met Hell angel guys that look scary but aren't and lot of the time nice guys. 

Anyone loud and drinking can be annoying, it seems OP was more concerned about looks and  judged them on that. 

7 minutes ago, roo860 said:

The Infantry Training Centre Catterick (ITC Catterick) trains all Infantrymen joining the British Army. Recruits joining any of the Infantry Regiments, including The Footguards, The Parachute Regiment and The Brigade of Gurkhas undertake all their initial training at ITC Catterick.

They complete the relevant Combat Infantryman's Course, which represents their combined Phase 1 and 2 training. The 2nd Infantry Training Battalion (2 ITB) at ITC Catterick is responsible for soldiers under training (SUTs) joining any of the five Regiments of Footguards, The Parachute Regiment or The Brigade of Gurkhas.

Ah, now I see. Catterick is used for infantry but Pirbirght is used for armored corp and other branches. Our C Squadron (4/7th was armored) was based at Catterick so I did basic training there, things have moved on and changed since, not surprisingly.

Army Training Centre Pirbright delivers the 14 week training course known as the Common Military Syllabus which is completed by all adult recruits when they join the Army.

ATC Pirbright delivers Phase 1 Training for new recruits joining:

Army Air Corps, Army Medical Services, Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Corps of Royal Engineers, Corps of Army Music, Royal Armoured Corps, Royal Regiment of Artillery, Royal Corps of Signals, Royal Logistic Corps, Adjutant General’s Corps, Intelligence Corps.

https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/our-schools-and-colleges/atc-

pirbright/

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Ah, now I see. Catterick is used for infantry but Pirbirght is used for armored corp and other branches. Our C Squadron (4/7th was armored) was based at Catterick so I did basic training there, things have moved on and changed since, not surprisingly.

Army Training Centre Pirbright delivers the 14 week training course known as the Common Military Syllabus which is completed by all adult recruits when they join the Army.

ATC Pirbright delivers Phase 1 Training for new recruits joining:

Army Air Corps, Army Medical Services, Corps of Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Corps of Royal Engineers, Corps of Army Music, Royal Armoured Corps, Royal Regiment of Artillery, Royal Corps of Signals, Royal Logistic Corps, Adjutant General’s Corps, Intelligence Corps.

https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/our-schools-and-colleges/atc-

pirbright/

I did my training at Cove, Farnborough, I heard the car bomb go off at Aldershot, Parachute Regiment HQ.

I was Royal Engineers. 

• Like 2

Your post makes no sense. You said "Cockney Chav" which I presume are speaking with a London accent and Chav which which is someone who is dressed in a particular manner ie sportswear or Burberry shirt. As they were shirtless how did you identify them as Chavs? I obviously identify with your stereotyping but be careful it could come back to bite you.

• Like 1