Continuing Sewer smell problem in One bathroom

liddelljohn

OK house is in Bangsarey its 6 years old and over last year we have had a continuing bad smell in one bathroom , its on ground floor but the kitchen and other bathroom are not affected ,  They are not on same Cesspit tank.

We have checked the U bend S bends toilet seal and shower trap all are good no pipes are blocked, chemical have been applied  and cesstank emptied and inspected it seems OK  .

Its getting worse and its dangerous , methane and drain smells make our master bedroom unusable  and potential for explosion and health issues now high.

Im running out of ideas ,,, any suggestions or a good reference for a company to call in ???  area is bang sarey  /pattaya

White cement seal of toilet base does stop gas and no bolts or wax seal are used in normal toilet install in Thailand.  But often there is no toilet vent installed so flush is not complete (water does not clear all to below toilet bend).  Also air vents can sometimes become clogged even when installed.  Septic tanks and toilets should each have vents.

5 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

Thanks guys OK problem solved  taking the trhais completely out of the loop  I dismantled the toilet and lifted it off the base and it was obvious that the wax ring was broken , now This has ''supposedly'' been replaced Twice  but I can clearly see that It has Not been done  at all .  I did it again myself with a wax ring from Boonthavrn in Bang sarey and silicone around ceramic base  and 2 new stainless bolts  and  now the problem is solved .. Bloody Thai ripoff bodgers ,,,

Sorry have only just seen this topic…we had exactly the same problem, developed after several years…Thai plumbers tend to chuck the wax seal away. Took me over one hour to chip away the cement between the toilet and base.

I bough the full sealing kit from the toilet manufacture ….somewhere on this forum is the topic on the hassle that I had…maybe 3-4 years ago now.

8 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

Thanks guys OK problem solved  taking the trhais completely out of the loop  I dismantled the toilet and lifted it off the base and it was obvious that the wax ring was broken , now This has ''supposedly'' been replaced Twice  but I can clearly see that It has Not been done  at all .  I did it again myself with a wax ring from Boonthavrn in Bang sarey and silicone around ceramic base  and 2 new stainless bolts  and  now the problem is solved .. Bloody Thai ripoff bodgers ,,,

I told you this above already. The Thais don't seem to like wax rings. I sent them too to buy one after they had installed the toilet already without one. And then I watched them when they installed it. They didn't like this...

17 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Thai plumbers tend to chuck the wax seal away. Took me over one hour to chip away the cement between the toilet and base.

The last guy we had to repair ours chipped away and cracked the toilet itself, so it was off to Global for a new toilet as well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 10:22 AM, VocalNeal said:

Where is the cess pit vent pipe????

In the bathroom probably. 

Have a look around the floor, there may be another drain somewhere to allow accidental water overflow to have an escape route. 

These are generally inadequate as regards water traps.