Three people injured after pickup truck overturns and crashes into another pickup truck in Kathu

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Kathu – Three people have sustained injuries after a pickup truck overturned and crashed into another moving pickup truck in Kathu.

The Kathu Police was notified of the accident yesterday (December 15th) during rush hours the in late afternoon on Wichit Songkram Road in front of the Thai Rath Wittaya School in Kathu.

Emergency responders and the Phuket Express arrived at the scene to find an overturned black pickup truck on the central reservation. A male driver was stuck inside. Rescue workers used a hydraulic cutter to free him out but the unidentified driver had sustained severe injuries and was rushed to a nearby hospital.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/12/16/three-people-injured-after-pickup-truck-overturns-and-crashes-into-another-pickup-truck-in-kathu-video/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-12-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

It looks like wet roads are to blame. 

When oh when will they design pickup trucks that handle safely on damp asphalt. 

Then they have to make trucks with front wheel drive, or when you have four wheel drive make sure it is turned on when the road surface is wet.

As easy as that.

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

Better to design drivers who can operate a vehicle properly.

Pick ups are driven all around the world in places where it rains. They don't all crash - only the badly driven ones.

You should check whether in other countries they come without any assistant functions/ABS etc? Manual gearbox?

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

You should check whether in other countries they come without any assistant functions/ABS etc? Manual gearbox?

Ability to drive and control a vehicle in an appropriate manner?

Not think your Hilux is a Ferrari?

11 hours ago, mrfill said:

Ability to drive and control a vehicle in an appropriate manner?

Not think your Hilux is a Ferrari?

Yes they do.....  I had bro in law drive the clan for over one hour whils I was hanging on, thinking about the people in the back getting smashed...  return trip I took the keys....    they just dont think at all....  same with truck and bus drivers..  and as for the geniuses who brake in front of a full cement truck well......  goes to show the brain mass...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mrfill said:

Better to design drivers who can operate a vehicle properly.

Pick ups are driven all around the world in places where it rains. They don't all crash - only the badly driven ones.

Unloaded pickups are simply a pain to drive if it gets slippery, especially the 2-doors variety.

Yes, many do abuse them, but that doesn't change the fact they're difficult to drive.

Just now, stevenl said:

Unloaded pickups are simply a pain to drive if it gets slippery, especially the 2-doors variety.

Yes, many do abuse them, but that doesn't change the fact they're difficult to drive.

doesnt change the fact no brain no pain....  I dont buy a plane and ignore that I might need a runway...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

That is what I cannot work out. They appear to have negotiated the left hand bend, only to lose it on the straight. Aquaplaning over a large puddle maybe.

What always concerns me when driving here,( and I try to keep alert for it), is the fact that the innocent driver coming the other way ends up bearing the brunt of another persons incompetence.

I'm not sure what "wet road" everyone is referring to. I don't see it anywhere in the close up photos. It looks pretty dry to me but hey what excuse works I guess

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan O said:

I'm not sure what "wet road" everyone is referring to. I don't see it anywhere in the close up photos. It looks pretty dry to me but hey what excuse works I guess

If you open the video you will see the wet road. The photo is just showing the aftermath . Roads dry pretty quick here.

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

If you open the video you will see the wet road. The photo is just showing the aftermath . Roads dry pretty quick here.

I love here so I know how quickly the roads dry. The video doesn't appear to show wet roads, barely damp but not wet to my viewing 

3 hours ago, Dan O said:

I love here so I know how quickly the roads dry. The video doesn't appear to show wet roads, barely damp but not wet to my viewing 

Damp is often more slippery than full wet.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/17/2022 at 9:14 AM, JeffersLos said:

When oh when will they design pickup trucks that handle safely on damp asphalt. 

Blame the weather. Blame the design of a pickup truck.

I been driving pickups since the 70's - rain, snow, ice. Never rolled one. Never had an accident.

It will only do what you tell it to do - barring flat tires.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:52 AM, worgeordie said:

Biggest surprise for me , it did not end up crashed into a tree ,Powerpole ,or house

as they usually do ,

regards worgeordie

there's a little known natural  reaction in Thailand based on the proximity to the equator. There' an unexplained  positive attractions between, light poles, power pools, signs and parked trucks. I dont think it's real a magnetic attraction, more of a vortex mini blackhole effect that automatically sucks unsuspecting drivers traveling a certain speed. It also seems to affect the brake systems of vehicles traveling at that same speed. I think it should be studied more .