Chinese gangs approaching expectant Thai fathers in private hospitals seeking identity transfers

webfact

26 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Seems amazing that only Chuwit knows all this stuff....seems amazing, because all the top in government and RTP already knew.

Totally agree.  Is Chuwit an undercover police tout?  Unlikely as he's waived the reward money that RTP use to get others to do their work.

5 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I think it's about time to DNA test every Thai...

What good will that do?  Plenty of legitimate Thai Chinese here.  My wife's family is one of them.

Edited by lujanit
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Seems amazing that only Chuwit knows all this stuff....seems amazing, because all the top in government and RTP already knew....Chuwit is so obviously just being the brave "whistleblower"....the spokesperson if you will!

Chuwit is the only one who dares to talk in public about it, but of course many others know about this...

I truly hope he's got a good (life-)insurance!

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

Seems amazing that only Chuwit knows all this stuff....seems amazing, because all the top in government and RTP already knew....Chuwit is so obviously just being the brave "whistleblower"....the spokesperson if you will!

An excellent observation. The question is, why is he being the brave whistleblower, civic duty, excessive competition, he was told to be the front man for this, payback, it was personal?

8 minutes ago, lujanit said:

What good will that do?  Plenty of legitimate Thai Chinese here.  My wife's family is one of them.

Your wife (and other legitimate Thais) would have familiar DNA matches with relatives. A mainlander who stole identity will not have that. Certainly there are cases of adoptions and ... "milkman visits turned (re)productive", but it would weed out ability to steal identity. Also it would make it scientifically interesting exercise.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Whistleblower Chuwit Kamolvisit warned this week that gang-related Chinese nationals were approaching expectant Thai fathers at private hospitals and prenatal care centres to give their names to children expected to be born to pregnant Chinese women to obtain Thai citizenship for newborn babies which can subsequently be used for asset purchases and the establishment of Thai companies to funnel illegal Chinese capital into Thailand.

Sneaky sneaky