Travelling by plane with cannabis.

It is legal, on DOMESTIC, intra-Thailand flights only. (like the OP's itinerary)

Cannabis flower specifically.

Other extracts/concentrates > 0.2% THC would be prohibited.

“Passengers who wish to bring legal cannabis or cannabis products on domestic flights are advised to pack it in their checked baggage. The reason is that cannabis items carried on board must be inspected by staff from the Narcotics Control Board and would cause a delay during security checks.”

The Office of Narcotics Control Board will still undertake inspections of “cannabis items” at security to ensure that no extracts with high levels of THC – which are illegal – get on board.

https://thethaiger.com/guides/cannabis/can-i-take-cannabis-on-domestic-flights-in-thailand#:~:text=Yes%2C cannabis can be taken,to avoid delays at security.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Best not carry alcohol as well then?

You can get a long jail sentence or even death sentence for carrying drugs on flights and up until recently drugs were illegal in Thailand and its still a grey area as to what the law states , so, keep drugs away from flights 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, tomster said:

If you don't know what you are talking about - it's better to say nothing at all.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/you-can-carry-weed-on-domestic-flights-airports-of-thailand/

Your article and statement are misleading. Cannabis with under 2% THC is legal for transport under medical use, regular full strength cannabis is not. Test the rule at your own risk. There's no need to carry any way as you can buy it tgere

• Haha 2

Obviously the "laws" in Thailand can change in an instant and it's completely up to the authorities how they wish to enforce them.  Even this completely one-sided article from a pro-drug website admits that bringing weed in luggage is causing delays in security lines due to lack of testing equipment.  It's not a stretch to see this, as well as the attendant unpleasant smell, as sufficient grounds for "causing a nuisance" and incurring a significant fine for druggies, even incarceration if the laws are suddenly changed overnight. Or worse, corrupt airport security demanding for massive bribes so you aren't cited or jailed.

That is the reality.  Of course, if you want to listen to the advice of a bunch of potheads on the internet and risk your freedoms carrying narcotics on a commercial flight, it's up to you.  Incredibly stupid risk IMO when the drug product is available at pretty much any destination in the country.  Seems like the druggies can't wait even a few hours to ingest this supposedly non-addictive drug.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Someone Else said:

Obviously the "laws" in Thailand can change in an instant and it's completely up to the authorities how they wish to enforce them.  Even this completely one-sided article from a pro-drug website admits that bringing weed in luggage is causing delays in security lines due to lack of testing equipment.  It's not a stretch to see this, as well as the attendant unpleasant smell, as sufficient grounds for "causing a nuisance" and incurring a significant fine for druggies, even incarceration if the laws are suddenly changed overnight. Or worse, corrupt airport security demanding for massive bribes so you aren't cited or jailed.

That is the reality.  Of course, if you want to listen to the advice of a bunch of potheads on the internet and risk your freedoms carrying narcotics on a commercial flight, it's up to you.  Incredibly stupid risk IMO when the drug product is available at pretty much any destination in the country.  Seems like the druggies can't wait even a few hours to ingest this supposedly non-addictive drug.

Blah blah..

You don't get to create your own wished-for reality.

Druggies? Alkies?

Sticks and stones bro..

• Like 2

I presonally wouldn't carry cannabis on a domestic flight, but the article I linked contains a quote directly from AoT.

Possession of cannabis flower is legal, so "possessing" it in your checked bag is not illegal.

Obviously extracts greater than 0.2 % THC are/would be illegal to possess and transport on a domestic flight.

The sniffer dogs are looking for jungle meat.

Yes, laws and enforcement can change but I think we'll hear about any changes.

And, were things to change, I assume there would be drop-off points - as there are with other banned items - where one could deposit cannabis prior to boarding a flight.

If cannabis is placed back on the Narcotics List then all of this is moot.

Edited by bamnutsak

2 hours ago, marcusb said:

I got a 1/2 kilo in Isaan, flew to Bangkok and then flew to north Thailand. Put it in my luggage, no stress no worry, its legal!  If Kerry can deliver a kilo to my house, why wouldn't I be able to board a plane with it? 

Nr 1 : Kerry is a official transport company , they can transport anything .

Nr2 : Kerry does not bring the kilo to your house with a airplane

Nr3 : there are plenty of goods which are forbidden for air transport in passenger flights , including Li batteries , durian , gas canisters , any fuel , ....

So basically your statement does not mean anything. Are you able to do it , idk , but just because a transport company can bring something to your home does not mean at all that you can do the same.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sezze said:

Nr 1 : Kerry is a official transport company , they can transport anything .

Nr2 : Kerry does not bring the kilo to your house with a airplane

Nr3 : there are plenty of goods which are forbidden for air transport in passenger flights , including Li batteries , durian , gas canisters , any fuel , ....

So basically your statement does not mean anything. Are you able to do it , idk , but just because a transport company can bring something to your home does not mean at all that you can do the same.

hahahaha wow, you need a joint

So, Mr. Serious, what would the fine be for taking a legal substance on a plane?   Like tea, or coffee beans or crispy cremes. 

Edited by marcusb
Added a question
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, marcusb said:

hahahaha wow, you need a joint

So, Mr. Serious, what would the fine be for taking a legal substance on a plane?   Like tea, or coffee beans or crispy cremes. 

I don't know. Durian (fresh) is forbidden on a passenger plane . Durian is available everywhere in Thailand. What is the fine for taking it ? Nothing they just will take it from you. Like i said , i don't know if taking cannabis on a plane is forbidden or not , but just because it is allowed outside a airplane , doesn't mean it is allowed on a plane and/or there are no fines when you will do so .

19 minutes ago, tomster said:

Cannabis flower (& Cannabis Plants) are perfectly fine to fly with - will the peeps posting otherwise please shut the F up.

That's until you get so stoned out your nut and forget about that little bag  you had in your luggage pocket and you fly through Dubai and end up  in jail for 20 years 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, sezze said:

I don't know. Durian (fresh) is forbidden on a passenger plane

Yes, I have seen many signs stating that, in airports and hotels. 

19 hours ago, sezze said:

plenty of goods which are forbidden for air transport in passenger flights , including Li batteries , durian , gas canisters , any fuel

Yes, and there are signs and notices for that as well. 

I have yet to see, read or hear any warnings about personal cannabis on flights in Thailand.  Canada, like Thailand has legalized weed country wide. In Canada perfectly legal to fly with personal weed.

How would they fine you? What would the ticket say? Possession of a product that used to be illegal???  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1