Korat police shoot at each other in "misunderstanding" over "yaba" drugs deal

webfact

44 minutes ago, roquefort said:

I think you'll find that the biggest RTP detractors are the Thais themselves.

BTW nice mixed metaphor there. I'd rather have my candle and eat it.

I think he’s  eating the candle from HIS wrong end! ???? 

Edited by nchuckle
  • Like 1

Its everywhere not just the cops.....  no comunication...  left hand dunno what right hand does... I get several calls/emails/messages/week when staff

asking/replying this or that, same ol thing.....  one of the largest real estate companyes are famous for this.. total circus...

its all the managements fault not doping their job co ordinating the companies resorces..  the owners should find better managers..

I know part of it is the asian "now mindset" of well, you received it so there is no problem..... nevermind that the company looses millions

THB

and time running around in circles...

• Thanks 1

Send the rest of the entire force to the happening; then only there will be space for possibly something better called "police" wearing uniforms - me thinks! Keep up the good work and carry on shooting each other; a lovely Christmas gift to the Thai people

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Neeranam notes that RTP detractors is another name for Thai bashers, who move here for developing country benefits like cheap rent and living, desperate young ladies, yet moan about things like the police. 

Can't burn you cake at both ends. 

Can't give the thumbs down.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

"Can't burn you cake at both ends"

I think you've got your sayings a bit mixed up. It's either you can't have your cake and eat it to (which is the more appropriate saying for this scenario) OR burning the candle at both ends (which is not the appropriate saying for this scenario).

I think you might have missed the sarcasm ????

• Haha 2

Thailand is a similar society to pre-Revolution Russia or China. The rich have all the power and influence, backed up by the police and the military. The poor are downtrodden and hopeless of change.

There does not seem to be the same appetite for Revolution here, although there were hints of it during the Red/Yellow shirts conflict and the recent student demonstrations.

I am not sure if the current status will prevail, or if some groundswell of opinion or defining event will be enough to trigger overwhelming dissent. I think the Thai character is different to both the examples I quoted earlier, but I know they can get very angry.

• Like 1