More than 5M Chinese Visitors expected in Thailand next year

webfact

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

All those dirty Farang that underwent confinement to hotel rooms for up to a month, then two weeks to get back in to the country to see their partners and kids are " forgotten "

Why do you say 'dirty'?

Quarantine was for all races and nationalities, in all countries. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, John Drake said:

China is only letting people in for work, study or business. Nothing about returning tourists.

That's true. But the same announcement was coupled with the promise of relaxation for outbound tourism over the next months.

• Like 1

2023 , millions of Chinese dying due to zero vaccines and or poorly effective sino pharm ( unreported of course) .

Huge unrest from remaining population , threat to the chairman for life and the all important party,  invasion of Taiwan in an attempt to rescue popular partisan support .

World supply chains severely disrupted once again , World economy in more turmoil , someone somewhere hovering over a big red button.

Just saying .

Cheerful Charlie lol 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George Aylesham said:

Yes, but at least the majority of farang will have had effective vaccinations.

As far as I know most of Africa opened long time ago, and many Africans don't have even a single shot of any type of vaccine. Yet there are no reports of mass deaths and crematoriums working 24x7. I had 3 Pfizer shots and had covid 3 times already, looking forward to the 4th time.

So the Chinese will be fine with the much weakened covid variants now.

8 minutes ago, chrisbangkok said:

2023 , millions of Chinese dying due to zero vaccines and or poorly effective sino pharm ( unreported of course) .

Huge unrest from remaining population , threat to the chairman for life and the all important party,  invasion of Taiwan in an attempt to rescue popular partisan support .

World supply chains severely disrupted once again , World economy in more turmoil , someone somewhere hovering over a big red button.

Just saying .

Cheerful Charlie lol 

Yes, millions dying and not reported, but you somehow found the truth, great detective work.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DavisH said:

Not per head they are not...Expenditure per Tourist per Region of Origin. Thailand Tourist Arrivals in 2019

You're both correct.  In 2019, Chinese were the number 1 spenders per day by country, but not individually.   You are correct that the biggest spenders per head were not the Chinese.   Those from the Middle East, if I remember correctly, spent the most per tourist but their tourist numbers were small.   If you're Thailand, do you want 10 million Chinese spending 40 some thousand baht each a day or a couple hundred thousand tourists from the Middle East spending 70 some thousand baht each a day?   I should think Thailand wants both, but likely has a more enthusiastic wave for the Chinese.

• Thanks 1

I've had meetings with over 50 Chinese in the last week and I'd say 20 of them had had or had Covid in the last week and many had spouses who had it. So basically everyone is getting it, which is great and they wasted 3 years of lockdown.