More than 5M Chinese Visitors expected in Thailand next year

webfact

14 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

If the Thai Government let the Chinese come in 2023 we can expect an awful lot of covid to come too.

They are getting 25m cases a day according to some sources.

People in the west can read these stories too and if the Chinese are coming then maybe the westerners won't.

Because of thier government's  resistance to the fact that western vaccine is superior to thiers so they won't import it,  I just can't see how the Chinese are safe to be around....at any time in the near future

Had Covid twice and was only sick for 3 days per time. Not too worried about it.

This whole thread is wonderful for its exposé of all the various arguments about Covid.

When Trump insisted on calling the virus "the Wuhan virus" (later "the Chinese" virus) he was called a racist. (Also, Dr Fauci had assured everyone in Feb 2020 that this virus required no special antidotes, but no one held him to account for that lie - or was it a lie?)

Then Biden started spreading the lie that it was a "pandemic of the unvaccinated" and then we hear about (and know personally) many people who who have been sick with the virus after several vaccinations (my own very healthy son being one of them - after 4 booster shots!)

So it goes....information withheld, brutal government power, misinformation, disinformation, the amassing of untold wealth for pharma companies (given immunity from litigation if nasty things happened as a result of the vaccine).

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.....( For the foreign language thingy: the more things change, the more things stay the same).

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:23 PM, TheFishman1 said:

So what I’m hearing is China’s experience a lot of deaths from the virus and now the government is not gonna report. The numbers sounds pretty good and now they’re going to let all of that restrictions to be less or no restrictions at all so the Chinese to come here give the thia  the virus and then go home. What a deal. TIT

The Chinese have been telling us lies wrt Covid for 3 years now.... but I saw video reports today backing up current statements of high infections, deaths and hospitalizations of elderly....

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

He never said that, he was misquoted. He is say farang didn't shower as often as Thais, which I would agree with, wouldn't you?

No. A generalization. Americans tend to be shower prone. Some people from certain European countries very much less so.

• Like 1

No doubt half of Thailand will die of Covid.  Well, at least according to the status quo MSM. 
Soon will hear:  Chinese vaccines are **** and all these Chinese will transmit Covid to the rest of us.

More likely?  The Chinese, having lived in a virus/bacteria/pathogen bubble will come to Thailand and get sick interacting with those harboring residual infection.   Sorta like when the US Army and US settlers killed off Native Americans with no resistance to small-pox. 

You pay you money and you take your chances.  Personally I think exposing yourself to pathogens and allowing your immune system to work is a better idea.  Yeah, some people die like the elderly and infirm - most people don't, especially as a virus goes into the mode where they are more transmissible but less lethal. 

The human immune system is a wonderful thing.  Let it do its job.  
"I might die!"

Everybody dies.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, whereyougo said:

I had  10 days and tore a stomach muscle trying to cough a lung out. Went to pattaya hospital to get 2 more jabs ASAP

Never had Covid.  Never had a shot.  I've been around multiple people with full-blown Covid.
I'm officially "elderly" so I should be dead. 

You people are overlooking something.  I'm not going to point it out to you.

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 1:55 PM, Guderian said:

Just what Pattaya needs, on top of the neverending road works and the traffic jams they cause, we'll now have hundreds of Chinese tour buses adding to the problems.

I love the smell of racism in the morning.

On 12/27/2022 at 2:23 PM, TheFishman1 said:

So what I’m hearing is China’s experience a lot of deaths from the virus and now the government is not gonna report. The numbers sounds pretty good and now they’re going to let all of that restrictions to be less or no restrictions at all so the Chinese to come here give the thia  the virus and then go home. What a deal. TIT

We're back to dying "with" and dying "of". 
Unfortunately that statistics are mired in hyperbole and fear.

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:24 PM, jak2002003 said:

Just hope they don't  bring over another more dangerous covid varient and cause another lockdown for 2 years.  

Hope they are not busy munching on disease ridden wild animals before they come over here too. 

Another anti-Chinese racist rant.  But anti-Chinese/anti-Russian racism seems to be in vogue nowadays.
Lord - at this point seeing New Years 2024 is looking less likely every day. 
Long Potassium Iodide.  Not that it will do much good.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

is Thailand ready to cope with their arrival and the potential of skyrocket infections.... the numbers of infected people over there are scary not to mention the dead... as I said many, many times, Thailand should be careful with what they wish for

• Thumbs Up 1

Where are all the guys who have been trying to convince us that we're idiots for wearing masks and that covid is nothing more than a bad cold and that we're all pus sies for being afraid and that vaccines are bad? Come on, show yourself, join the debate about the opening up of China.......don't make me come in there and get you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Had Covid twice and was only sick for 3 days per time. Not too worried about it.

Had it twice and didn't know I'd got it, (had to test Sunday and Wednesday, the company I worked for rules.)

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

No. A generalization. Americans tend to be shower prone. Some people from certain European countries very much less so.

Too cold in many countries to shower a lot. In Scotland a hot tub every Sunday and a quick rinse of the face and oxters twice daily.

• Haha 1

As a Brit with a declining currency the Chinese "invasion" can only strengthen the baht as all these millions will need to buy baht to spend here add in the Russians and Indians a strengthening baht is almost a given and pretty much a one way bet. I had Wise set up to transfer 1000 pounds in sterling when it reached 44 to the pound. I threw in the towel today. Happy times for Thai businesses with skin in the game but not so much for the rest of us !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I know this to be factually wrong. My wife and I went back to Thailand on 22nd December 2019 'literally dying' with an unknown virus with all the now known symptoms, of Covid 19. We returned back to China on 2nd January 2020.  Then Wuhan and the rest of China finally admitted the scale of Covid and locked down in that month.

I know of 10 other people who traveled to Thailand at Christmas 2019 who also had the virus.

Looking back, I think I might have caught Covid 19 back in November 2019, in Malaysia.

I had a terrible cold, the worse ever in my life, coughing terribly. I had to sleep on a chair and couldn't sleep on my bed. My neighbours had it too, because I could hear them coughing away the whole night. So, did Covid-19 originate from Wuhan? No idea.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Zero covid was a spectacular failure of Xi. Until they are able to bring the numbers under control Thailand must test all incoming Chinese. China is now ground zero, yet again. 

Officials in the Italian city of Milan are already testing passengers on flights from China. On one flight, which landed at the city's Malpensa Airport on Boxing Day, 52% of passengers were found to be positive for Covid, La Repubblica reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64107553

Just read that link. Looks pretty bad as far as percentage infected in my view.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

People never learn,

We just spent 3 years recovering from a lurgy that was brewed in a Chinese market and wiped out almost 7 million people .

Now they want to reopen the global doors to the biological lurgy factory called China without any form of control to prevent it from happening again

At least the USA is acting responsibly. Thailand on the other hand seems determined to let them come rushing back in like a tidal wave.

Next time what pops out may be super lethal and take out not 7 million but 700 million. 

Edited by Muzzique
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, John Drake said:

Good point..... this Western Xenophobia we get here from locals  and make believe ones is so prevalent. 

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Zero covid was a spectacular failure of Xi. Until they are able to bring the numbers under control Thailand must test all incoming Chinese. China is now ground zero, yet again. 

Officials in the Italian city of Milan are already testing passengers on flights from China. On one flight, which landed at the city's Malpensa Airport on Boxing Day, 52% of passengers were found to be positive for Covid, La Repubblica reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64107553

Mike, you're normally sensible on covid. The issue with restarting any travel testing / border restrictions is,  where does this end? 

By this logic, why hasn't Thailand been restricting arrivals from Japan, where they recorded 1M cases last week?  If they do this for China, next it'll be the US ( still lots of covid there), the UK, Japan, where next and we'll be back to 2020. It's a slippery slope. 

The virus is well established in Thailand and has been for a year. No new variants of concern have actually eventuated globally in over a year.  Yes some surveillance testing is warranted but only for the purposes of checking for new variants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1