More stories about quality tourists in this lovely family tourist destination

Mickeymaus

3 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

No, it's not just him. There are countless other quality tourists and I feel like there are more and more every year. Central Pattaya has turned into one big red light district in recent years. I live in Central Pattaya and maybe I didn't realize that so much before. There were not many bars in my area. 

A lot of people say the same thing about the whole of Thailand. Try not to focus on the negatives of an area only. Don't totally ignore it, but keep your main focus on the good points.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

A lot of people say the same thing about the whole of Thailand. Try not to focus on the negatives of an area only. Don't totally ignore it, but keep your main focus on the good points.

Pattaya is not Thailand, that's true. Recently I was riding as a passenger in a friend's car on Soi Buakhao in the evening. Endless traffic jam and so I could watch / had to watch what was going on there for a longer time. Impressive... I usually never go there in the evening.

40 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Pattaya is most definitely in Thailand and what goes on there also goes on elsewhere. This seems to shock people, even when they've been here for years.

Maybe I'm not used to it anymore. Because of Covid it was very quiet for a longer period. And I remember walking in Soi Buakhao and LK Metro in the evening and really enjoying it. The difference was that due to Covid everything was closed ????

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Maybe I'm not used to it anymore. Because of Covid it was very quiet for a longer period. And I remember walking in Soi Buakhao and LK Metro in the evening and really enjoying it. The difference was that due to Covid everything was closed ????

Pattaya is huge.  There are many other places to go.  Try them, instead.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, newnative said:

Pattaya is huge.  There are many other places to go.  Try them, instead.   

I live in the centre of the nightlife in the meantime. During the past years the have occupied the whole area here...

But what I don't understand. This quality tourists has obviously a severe mental health problem and they let him escape for 3000 Baht. They should at least report this guy to the Italian police. Apparently he can't control his sexuality.

Edited by Mickeymaus

12 hours ago, newnative said:

My partner and I used to live at Northshore--probably not a huge distance from wherever you are.  Soi 6 was a block down the street.  Did that bother us?  No.  Never went there.  Same for Walking Street, Soi Buakhao, or any other party areas.  Not our interest, we just avoided them, they never were a problem.   Had no problems walking the beach and the promenade--but, not out walking at 2am, either.   We were out mornings before it got hot and evenings around sunset.  Lots of regular people out and about then, too.  

Instead of going to Walking Street, we went to Terminal 21, Big C Central Marina, Central Festival, seafood restaurants in Naklua and Wong Amat.  And, other restaurants we liked scattered all around the city--some in Jomtien, some in Pratamnak, some in Cosy Beach.  Frequent shoppers at Index, Home Pro, Chic Republic, Boonthavorn, etc.  Liked to hunt out interesting small shops.  Went about our normal lives.

We are now living on the Darkside in a pool villa.   Pattaya is an easy ride into town on the Motorway--we are enjoying the much less congested traffic.  We didn't leave because of the nightlife; we just decided we wanted to try something new--living in a house rather than a condo, something we could not afford in the area of the US where we lived.   If you feel you are being overwhelmed by the nightlife where you are, you might try a change of scenery--either in your living place or where you choose to spend your time when you leave your condo.

Good post, totally agree, Pattaya has something for everyone.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 5:43 PM, Mickeymaus said:

Central Pattaya has turned into one big red light district in recent years. I live in Central Pattaya and maybe I didn't realize that so much before. There were not many bars in my area. 

What do you consider to be Central Pattaya? I live in Central Pattaya since 2008 and it's always been a red light district within walking distance of my condo lol

• Like 2

People talk about how sleazy Pattaya is but its actually been moving in the opposite direction year after year. There really is a lot of family activities to do there. I even noticed this in my monger days. The water parks aren't there for the mongers. There are so many family activities.  

When I arrived in 2006 I recall the bars and the smut were in your face to an extent that they aren't now. The development has grown around these areas and changes the face of it. I would bring my family there now for a holiday now. But I couldn't say the same about 2006.

Edited by Harsh Jones

On 12/27/2022 at 2:43 PM, Mickeymaus said:

No, it's not just him. There are countless other quality tourists and I feel like there are more and more every year. Central Pattaya has turned into one big red light district in recent years. I live in Central Pattaya and maybe I didn't realize that so much before. There were not many bars in my area. 

"In recent years" do you mean since the the 70s when american army use to come to Pataya?

• Like 1

The crazy thing is he was only fined a small amount then told to leave Thailand. Should have been whipped, fined thousands of Euros and placed in jail until paid then deported and placed on a blacklist so he could not come back. Also details placed on an International sex offenders list 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/27/2022 at 3:09 PM, Mickeymaus said:

Pattaya is not Thailand, that's true. Recently I was riding as a passenger in a friend's car on Soi Buakhao in the evening. Endless traffic jam and so I could watch / had to watch what was going on there for a longer time. Impressive... I usually never go there in the evening.

But you will in future. ????

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 4:02 PM, Mickeymaus said:

This is not the time of year to see it at its best.... packed with tourists, the locals reveling in making money and greed abounding. You may be ready for a move out to the darkside, or heaven forbid, off to Nakhon Nowhere village.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

What do you consider to be Central Pattaya? I live in Central Pattaya since 2008 and it's always been a red light district within walking distance of my condo lol

LK Metro, Tree Town, Soi Buakhao and many other places here. In Soi Buakhao, for example, much of the normal infrastructure has recently been replaced by bars. Bank branches and many other normal businesses disappeared and were replaced by bars. In some areas of Soi Buakhao there is nothing but sex venues in the meantime. And if you walk around Central Pattaya in the evening, you will mostly see men looking for booze and sex. And of course you will see everywhere "entertainers".

One has to accept that. Obviously this development is wanted. I have lived in Central Pattaya for about 25 years. It's time for me to move. I don't want to live in the middle of a noisy brothel any longer. I don't go to bars and never had anything to do with "entertainers". For a while I have thought Pattaya will move away from sex businesses. But this was a mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not so shocked by the incident (its a perverse incident, I get that) happening, whether one likes Patts or not, one cannot argue that its reputation and seedier side have to be an attraction for degenerates of many ilks and persuasions.

There are pervs everywhere of course, but one would guess there has to be a higher percentage of pervs per capita in Patts than many other places. Same for crims, fraudsters et al. 

You can avoid it but you cannot get away from it as its part of the town's DNA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not restricted to tourists. I was walking along Pattaya Beach in January before all the tourists came back. The floods had created some beach erosion banks and a Thai guy was deleted behind one of them looking at girls on beach road.

I wish he remembered to look behind him so I didn't have to see that...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I am not so shocked by the incident (its a perverse incident, I get that) happening, whether one likes Patts or not, one cannot argue that its reputation and seedier side have to be an attraction for degenerates of many ilks and persuasions.

There are pervs everywhere of course, but one would guess there has to be a higher percentage of pervs per capita in Patts than many other places. Same for crims, fraudsters et al. 

You can avoid it but you cannot get away from it as its part of the town's DNA.

yes but what about countries where everything is repressed?

doesn't that cause even more deviant behavior?

i am shocked at such incidents in pattaya with such easy availability of women everywhere.