Doomsday warnings for 2023

Social Media

4 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

Do you really think that this is about combatting environmental degradation? It's about forcing us all into small spaces in a few cities - to make it easier for them to control us. I hope there are not many people in the world who, like you, think this is a good idea.

As somebody said, they don't care about the poor. Could you explain how people in cities are more controlled by big brother than in rural areas?

1 hour ago, BangkokHank said:

Do you really think that this is about combatting environmental degradation? It's about forcing us all into small spaces in a few cities - to make it easier for them to control us. I hope there are not many people in the world who, like you, think this is a good idea.

Nobody forcing anybody to anything. You can still enjoy wildlife many places around the world like the good old days, when also oeople was controlled by the govern authority, unless they lived where they could not be reached. 

59 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

look here and see if your still laughing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fishbowl

Notice VERY  high altitude testing...

If the sun is reflecting off the moon and rotating around the earth how do the moon cycles stay absolutely perfect all month.?

Answer.....The moon is self illuminating....

answer: They don't. There are neap tides and spring tides.

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you stand by the shore and watch a ship set off to the horizon, you will start to lose sight of its sails as it goes over the horizon, till eventually it disappears from view altogether. Now send up a drone a few hundred feet in the air and it will be in view again. Why is that? Could it be the earth is a circle or what theory do you flat earthers have on this?

You might want to see this...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

Yes, I think it is about combatting environmental degradation.

If you read the daily news more carefully, as opposed to just reading the sensationalist garbage, you will see a constant thread.

There are numerous articles encouraging people to shift to EVs, to drive less, to use public transport more, to work from home if possible to reduce emissions from driving, to simplify your life, to be happy with less, to buy less stuff, to only buy what you need.

Nobody seems to read these articles. People seem to be fixated on doom and gloom and sensationalism. Maybe people love drama?

Regarding control, it's not an end in itself. Nobody wants to control you just for the sake of controlling you. If there is some degree of control, its because the powers that be estimate that it's benefiting the collective. 

The one-child policy in China is an example of this. They have no interest in preventing people from having children just for a power kick. It doesn't mean that every decision they make is a good decision. But they're not controlling people for no apparent reason. 

Edited by save the frogs

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

look here and see if your still laughing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fishbowl

Notice VERY  high altitude testing...

If the sun is reflecting off the moon and rotating around the earth how do the moon cycles stay absolutely perfect all month.?

Answer.....The moon is self illuminating....

I looked and I am still laughing.

It was done 60 years ago when I was just 18 and I am still alive and kicking. Have you nothing newer than that?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

It's not working. More and more people are working from home and moving out of the cities. NY is in a quandary and considering what to do with office blocks. They are considering converting them into apartments or low cost housing.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/can-empty-manhattan-office-buildings-be-turned-into-apartments/3997044/

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you stand by the shore and watch a ship set off to the horizon, you will start to lose sight of its sails as it goes over the horizon, till eventually it disappears from view altogether. Now send up a drone a few hundred feet in the air and it will be in view again. Why is that? Could it be the earth is a circle or what theory do you flat earthers have on this?

People focus on the horizon.

How much do ships weigh? 200 tonnes? On a spinning ball earth, the ship would literally have to be upside down for a good portion of its trip across, say, the Atlantic ocean. So a 200 tonne ship sails across the ocean upside down? And is held down by what exactly? Gravity? And a helium balloon rises? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

People focus on the horizon.

How much do ships weigh? 200 tonnes? On a spinning ball earth, the ship would literally have to be upside down for a good portion of its trip across, say, the Atlantic ocean. So a 200 tonne ship sails across the ocean upside down? And is held down by what exactly? Gravity? And a helium balloon rises? 

Gravity is quite powerful, think black holes

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Let me just cut to the chase here.....

I know of and have studied every flat earth argument and theory there is..

There are 100s of things that support a flat earth.....But many of the proofs cant be proven 100% ...The ship/ horizon we were just talking about is a example of this...

A single irrefutable proof is all that's really needed....

And one irrefutable proof is WATER....Yes good old fashion WATER....

Poor yourself a glass of water, and look at the water......

The water is perfectly flat...

Look at a bathtub, the water is perfectly flat..

Same with a swimming pool, pond, or lake......flat flat flat

And same with the oceans.....They are flat, just like any other body of water..

No models exist for water sticking to a ball.....None.....Zero.....Not even one....But trillions and trillions of examples exist of bodys of water being perfectly flat......

Water in a tea cup or a ocean is flat....Same same....

And if the ocean is flat the earth is flat.....

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

There are 100s of things that support a flat earth.....But many of the proofs cant be proven 100% ...The ship/ horizon we were just talking about is a example of this...

No models exist for water sticking to a ball.....None.....Zero.....Not even one....But trillions and trillions of examples exist of bodys of water being perfectly flat......

Wrong, and Water is concave in a cylinder or a tub! How come? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The ocean water is not flat, its governed by gravity, that's why some parts of the world have higher coastal erosion that others.

I mystified, you reject all the evidence, when did you start to distrust basic science so much, at school?

Where do meteorites come from and their fragments that are found on earth?

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

The ocean water is not flat, its governed by gravity, that's why some parts of the world have higher coastal erosion that others.

I mystified, you reject all the evidence, when did you start to distrust basic science so much, at school?

And why do we have tide? 

The moon pulling the ocean! 6 hours up, one hour rest, 6 hours down, one hour rest, repeat

Edited by Hummin

"So knowing how gravity changes sea level helps geodesists make more accurate measurements. In general, in areas of the planet where gravitational forces are stronger, the mean sea level will be higher. In areas where the Earth's gravitational forces are weaker, the mean sea level will be lower."

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/NASASeaLevel

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Water level..........Need I say more.......Wikipedia agrees.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_level_(device)

SEA-LEVEL......is called  sea level for a reason........Maybe because the oceans are flat...

Edited by redwood1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Water level..........Need I say more.......Wikipedia agrees.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_level_(device)

SEA-LEVEL......is called  sea level for a reason........Maybe because the oceans are flat...

"So knowing how gravity changes sea level helps geodesists make more accurate measurements. In general, in areas of the planet where gravitational forces are stronger, the mean sea level will be higher. In areas where the Earth's gravitational forces are weaker, the mean sea level will be lower."

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/NASASeaLevel

You missed my other questions:

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

• Like 1