What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

Although I had seen it aeons ago, I decided to watch, "Remains of the Day" on BBC iPlayer last night, and was pleased that I did, mainly because I didn't remember much of it from the previous viewing.

One particular scene grabbed me at the end, where Emma Thompson was on a bus, waving goodbye to Anthony Hopkins, and the sadness that was portrayed in that scene was heartbreaking; Thompson crying as she waved goodbye, realising that the person that she had loved and admired most of her working life, Hopkins, was irretrievably connected to his role in service and would never be with her. It was so well acted.

• Like 1

Gray----Spy/ Thriller.....8 episodes  IMDB = 7.8----all out everywhere.

Cornelia Gray a CIA spy, is coming in from the cold after 20 years in hiding, dodging the government agents who suspected her of being a traitor.

10 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Cornelia Gray a CIA spy, is coming in from the cold after 20 years in hiding, dodging the government agents who suspected her of being a traitor.

The 7.8 IMDb rating only has about 20 voters. I'm waiting till it gets more or someone who's seen it comments before I download. Thanks 

39 minutes ago, gargamon said:

The 7.8 IMDb rating only has about 20 voters. I'm waiting till it gets more or someone who's seen it comments before I download. Thanks 

yer good idea gargamon....... but as its all out I usually look at the first episode, --its free to download and takes a few minutes --(which was OK) -I have mentioned before, that it cost nothing to join IMDB you can vote even get a comment in.

Also --it works both ways--how many have you downloaded around the 5 rating that have turned out , quite watchable.  

15 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

I have looked at my usual download sites and cannot find this series as of today,,,,,,,,,,where did you find it please?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, longball53098 said:

I have looked at my usual download sites and cannot find this series as of today,,,,,,,,,,where did you find it please?

I see someone has given you another source---Good.  

For TV programs that are not certain hits etc  EZTV seems to get them out there before most, It also carries some of TVChaosUK  programs.

Just another point about EVTV  they now have a backdoor to "MV Group Documentaries"   some real gems in there. (just type in that name and you will get transferred into their site)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2023 at 5:56 AM, gargamon said:

Gave it 15 minutes after seeing a Swat team burst in the house and arrest a 65 year old wisp of a woman who is then chained up like Hannibal Lecter because she is so dangerous.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Gave it 15 minutes after seeing a Swat team burst in the house and arrest a 65 year old wisp of a woman who is then chained up like Hannibal Lecter because she is so dangerous.

Yes, after finally finding the first 3 episodes I watched and slept my way through 2 episodes and wondered why. Very slow and not very exciting. This old woman is so dangerous? Maybe 20 years earlier but now? I am going to try to stick with it just out of curiosity to see if it gets any better towards the last episodes,,,,,,,,,,,wish me luck. The support cast are not even good to help. No really known faces in this series.

• Like 1

I tried to watch the new movie featuring Benedict Cumberbatch and Ben Kingsley, called, "The Wonderful story of Henry Sugar" and persevered to just over halfway through it thinking it might live up to its IMDb rating of 7.5, but to no avail, so switched it off.

It is not the normal type of movie, and it is very different, but still too difficult for me to hang on in there.

44 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I tried to watch the new movie featuring Benedict Cumberbatch and Ben Kingsley, called, "The Wonderful story of Henry Sugar" and persevered to just over halfway through it thinking it might live up to its IMDb rating of 7.5, but to no avail, so switched it off.

It is not the normal type of movie, and it is very different, but still too difficult for me to hang on in there.

I agree, not for everyone, but it's short, just over 30 minutes I think. I believe they are all from the short stories of Roald Dahl. There's a new one called The Ratcatcher.

On 9/29/2023 at 7:26 AM, oxo1947 said:

WHO KILLED JILL DANDO.........3 part all out.  NETFLIX

Revisit the shocking 1999 murder of beloved TV presenter Jill Dando, which continues to mystify experts and the public, in this in-depth documentary.

Probably of more interest to the Brits----akin to  an Oprah Winfrey.

The only shocking Part-- in my mind, -= the usual bungling British police. ...who managed after years of searching to get it all wrong again.

Anyway enough if you do not know the story.

Just watched it all, very well made with everyone in it, apart from the murderer

• Thumbs Up 1

I've just started watching season 1 of PMTA (PMTA is an acronym in Hebrew for the Tel Aviv District Attorney's Office) and it's good so far IMHO. It was recommended a while ago by @Will27. I got it from 1337x but it's also on TPB and Kickass. It has hard coded English subs.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9590698/

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

Forgotten how good Alan Whicker was, his 1972 look at Thai business women is fascinating, anyone recognise any of them? These impressive ladies with their Englsih and business skills will be mostly dead today. Never knew about British Leyland buses here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching season 1 of PMTA (PMTA is an acronym in Hebrew for the Tel Aviv District Attorney's Office) and it's good so far IMHO. It was recommended a while ago by @Will27. I got it from 1337x but it's also on TPB and Kickass. It has hard coded English subs.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9590698/

Thought it was a cracker.

• Thumbs Up 1