What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

14 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Just finished binge watching Oz 1997 prison drama (second time around).

New one just out is Get Gotti 2023, 3 episodes on LookMovie, I found it a very comprehensive coverage of the surveilance of underworld crime boss leading to his jailing for life.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt29333646/

Thanks @ThaiFelix. Downloading Oz seasons 1-6 now from TPB.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

Wilderness tv series

Skip it

I got hooked in and binged it all so it was obviously watchable. But I felt empty at the end and overall feel it's not worth the time. Like junk food tv. Unlikeable characters. Never really got emotionally involved in the story. However, the character of the American boss was fun. 

Edited by Jingthing

On 10/27/2023 at 5:55 PM, LosLobo said:

I just finished watching episode 4 of 'Lessons in Chemistry', which dropped today.

It just keeps getting better, what a delight.

No wonder, the episode is scoring 9.3/10 on IMDb.

Thanks again to @bamnutsak.

Lessons in Chemistry (TV Series 2023– )

Watched first episode last night, but showing a black family living opposite where the chemist was living? In the 1950's US, I doubt it. The show is mildly entertaining, not sure it deserves the high score it gets.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oh please.

That scene was pure tokenism. They are quite happy to show sexual discrimination, but pretend that blacks and whites lived in racial harmony. I suppose the same tolerance was shown to gays?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

That scene was pure tokenism. They are quite happy to show sexual discrimination, but pretend that blacks and whites lived in racial harmony. I suppose the same tolerance was shown to gays?

If I watch it I'll judge for myself.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, LosLobo said:

The 'lesson' and the main theme of the story was how the main character overcame the misogyny that existed in the 50's though it also touched on racial discrimination.

Seems as though for some not much has changed over the past 70 years. 

You seem to have missed my point.

• Like 1

Found at the TPB

BBC Our World Lady of the Hills: The Thai Wife Killing
Thai woman was found by walkers in a remote part of the Yorkshire Dales in England.  Nothing you do not already know, but of interest. The ex husband is indeed a classic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

You seem to have missed my point.

Your 'point' being that an intelligent white chemist who was not a bigot, lived in a predominantly black neighbourhood in a fictional story?

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Your 'point' being that an intelligent white chemist who was not a bigot, lived in a predominantly black neighbourhood in a fictional story?

As believable as if they showed them using cell phones.

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

As believable as if they showed them using cell phones.

You know nothing of the US. Mixed neighborhoods are nothing new. Prior to the '60s, there was no reason for anyone to not operate a business in a black neighborhood. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You know nothing of the US. Mixed neighborhoods are nothing new. Prior to the '60s, there was no reason for anyone to not operate a business in a black neighborhood. 

Who mentioned anything about operating a business?

• Like 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

So, what was your meaning with: "...but showing a black family living opposite where the chemist was living..."

If you haven't watched the TV show I'm talking about, better not to comment.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Someone mentioned that there was a new season, Season 3 of the marvellous, "Slow Horses" and I seem to recall something about Apple TV??? So do I have to have this to be able to watch it, or is it available elsewhere? Thank you in anticipation.

• Thanks 1