Retirement Extension and Yellow House Book and Bank Statement

I just got back from our local IO and to ask for the requirements for a new extension of stay based on Retirement and one of the requirements is a Yellow House Book.

I do have a Yellow House Book, but for our old HOUSE and not the new house.

Any thoughts

Also another requirement is to give them a statement from the Bank which lists all transactions over the past 3 months.

Can you get this on the same day as the Bank letter or do you have to get that earlier?

TiA

Which immigration office.

Yellow book? You haven't done a TM30 or have lease etc.

Some immigration offices are asking for bank statements.

Don't understand why 3 months.

Are using money in the bank method? 

You state "for a new extension" 

So what has the office required in the past. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office.

Buriram

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Yellow book? You haven't done a TM30 or have lease etc.

Done a TM30, living her for over 2 years now. 1st extension was Marriage, 2nd was Retirement. House is owned by the Wife

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Some immigration offices are asking for bank statements.

Don't understand why 3 months.

Are using money in the bank method? 

Fixed Deposit, money 800k is in there since a long long time (don't touch it)

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You state "for a new extension" 

So what has the office required in the past. 

New Extension is maybe the wrong word. My old extension is expiring.

Last year they only wanted the usual bank letter and copies of the Bank Book and that was it, NO questions about YHB.

3 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Once you have a yellow book it is very straightforward to change your registration to a new address.

Just take your passport, your old yellow book, your wife, her ID card and the new blue book to your District Office.

Thx. That is our backup plan, but I hope I can do that before my extension runs out, my bad of course that I didn't go earlier to immigration and asked ????

Edit: But even during the many years of going the marriage extension route, they never ever asked about my YHB, I always took it with me, but NEVER needed, they were more interested in the House Book and ID card of the wife (which I also need to bring (forgot to mention) when going to Immigration)

Edited by MJCM

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Thx. That is our backup plan, but I hope I can do that before my extension runs out, my bad of course that I didn't go earlier to immigration and asked ????

Edit: But even during the many years of going the marriage extension route, they never ever asked about my YHB, I always took it with me, but NEVER needed, they were more interested in the House Book and ID card of the wife (which I also need to bring (forgot to mention) when going to Immigration)

I've never heard of it either, especially as getting a yellow book in some provinces seems very difficult.

That being said it's often easier just to give them the documents they want.

You should be able to get this sorted at the first visit to the District Office. The time consuming bit is getting the initial ID number. Swapping the number between books is quick.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, blackcab said:

You should be able to get this sorted at the first visit to the District Office. The time consuming bit is getting the initial ID number. Swapping the number between books is quick.

I hope so, my wife will go to the Amphur today and see what they require (as TiT)

On the initial application, I needed 3 witnesses and took 2 days. 1st day from 10:00 - 16:00, 2nd day 13:00-15:00.

12 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I hope so, my wife will go to the Amphur today and see what they require (as TiT)

On the initial application, I needed 3 witnesses and took 2 days. 1st day from 10:00 - 16:00, 2nd day 13:00-15:00.

I understand. I hope you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

Yes, indeed and Dr Jack  and everyone you are very knowledgeable indeed and think got all the usual forms and information for my annual permission to stay by reason of retirement.
In about 13 years and based in Kanchanaburi  and go in person and think one can go 28 days before current one matures.
One does not need an appointment, correct and yes early days but my existing permission to stay runs out 13th February so I make out sbout the 17th or 18th January can go with all the paper work and bank letter and so on.
They have an email address and their office is a fair distance from my same abode and yes have a telephone number and yes at busy times hard to get through.
Thanks all for any information and does no harm got a yellow book and my Thai registration card.

17 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So does this really mean that Buriram Immigration Office will no longer issue extensions of stay for retirement to anyone who isn't the proud possessor of the "hallowed" Yellow House Book? Absolutely disgraceful if that is, indeed, the case IMHO - as well as being another office to add to the "rogue" list, I think. ????

Cha Yen Yen :thumbsup:

I can tell you for sure after I have done my extension. I will leave the YHB in my bag and only will produce it if they ask for it.

Will update of course

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Thanks all for any information and does no harm got a yellow book and my Thai registration card

I never bothered with the Thai ID Card, I only have the YHB and only for our OLD house, which is still in the Wife's name and in use by the BIL and by us as storage 5555555555555

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Fixed Deposit, money 800k is in there since a long long time (don't touch it)

So it might be a tad difficult for you to provide a 3-month statement (which should IMHO be obtained at the same time as your account confirmation letter)! Maybe you need to start making periodic token transfers of, say, 100 THB into the account as to show some activity on it for statement purposes? That's certainly what I do in the case of my dedicated 800k account with Krungsri - the first transfer a week or so before I go to the immigration office for my retirement extension and the second 6 months later.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So it might be a tad difficult for you to provide a 3-month statement (which should IMHO be obtained at the same time as your account confirmation letter)! Maybe you need to start making periodic token transfers of, say, 100 THB into the account as to show some activity on it for statement purposes?

I am driving tmrw to the Bank (already send a Bank Mail to them but don't expect a reply any time soon) and ask them what they can do.

Good idea about the periodic transfers, but Fixed deposits transfer (at my Bank) is a min of 1500 THB ???? )

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Thx, Will update when I have news!

As usual wifey forgot 5555555555555

No problems as we will go tmrw afternoon (not morning because it's way to busy) and ask. Tmrw morning it's off the Bank to ask about the 3 month statement.

(A copy of someone else his / her 3 month statement which they used for IO would be very much appreciated.)

Since I got my Yellow Book, 3-4years ago, I have presented this to Phayao I/O at every visa extension, TM 30 or 90day I have done, and each time it has been waved away "Not necessary!"   yet it was Chiang Rai I/O that told me that I should get one as it was "Important"

TIT

3 minutes ago, Robin said:

Since I got my Yellow Book, 3-4years ago, I have presented this to Phayao I/O at every visa extension, TM 30 or 90day I have done, and each time it has been waved away "Not necessary!"   yet it was Chiang Rai I/O that told me that I should get one as it was "Important"

TIT

TiT is the word here.

I have no idea why they mentioned it today when I visited them, but they did.

Maybe if they are going to "enforce it" I could mention I could always go back the Marriage Extension route (which is a lot more trouble for them) as I am still legally married but only changed to retirement because of the 30+++ (longest was 45 days) under consideration period.

Just in case I will prepare those documents (marriage extension) as well (pictures etc etc) just to be prepared

1 hour ago, Robin said:

TIT

Think it depends what office but as yet not had to produce but just put in the wallet, just in case

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, MJCM said:

I just got back from our local IO and to ask for the requirements for a new extension of stay based on Retirement and one of the requirements is a Yellow House Book.

I do have a Yellow House Book, but for our old HOUSE and not the new house.

Any thoughts

Also another requirement is to give them a statement from the Bank which lists all transactions over the past 3 months.

Can you get this on the same day as the Bank letter or do you have to get that earlier?

TiA

@MJCM Is this at the Town Hall office or the one at the Chang Stadium? I renewed my extension based on retirement in mid October at the new office in the Town Hall complex and all I needed for proof of address was my wife's blue house book and her ID. Using the 800K in the bank, I never had to show a bank statement either, my bank book was enough. Maybe I need to think about getting a YB & ID card.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

@MJCM Is this at the Town Hall office or the one at the Chang Stadium? I renewed my extension based on retirement in mid October at the new office in the Town Hall complex and all I needed for proof of address was my wife's blue house book and her ID. Using the 800K in the bank, I never had to show a bank statement either, my bank book was enough. Maybe I need to think about getting a YB & ID card.

Town Hall (the new one in the back)

I have no idea why they said it, but we are going tmrw to the bank to ask about the 3 month statement and also try to change my YHB at the Amphur

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

I have no idea why they said it, but we are going tmrw to the bank to ask about the 3 month statement and also try to change my YHB at the Amphur

Just request a 3-month bank statement for that account.

The IO you dealt with has his knickers in a twist or looking for a brown envelope.
As already mentioned, only a copy of the wife's/owners/landlords Tabien Baan and ID card is required as proof of address.

3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

As already mentioned, only a copy of the wife's/owners/landlords Tabien Baan and ID card is required as proof of address.

That is my guess as well, but plan for today is

1- Go to the Bank to ask about the 3 month statement

2- After Lunch go to the Amphur and see how difficult it is to get a new YHB for our current address.

Will update at the end of the day

1 minute ago, MJCM said:
3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

That is my guess as well, but plan for today is

1- Go to the Bank to ask about the 3 month statement

2- After Lunch go to the Amphur and see how difficult it is to get a new YHB for our current address.

Will update at the end of the day

You could also try the Chang Stadium office to see if their requirements are the same. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

You could also try the Chang Stadium office to see if their requirements are the same. 

I only used that office for 90 day reports, never went there for the extension.

But will have a look as my wife wants to eat a Burger :thumbsup:

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, blackcab said:

Once you have a yellow book it is very straightforward to change your registration to a new address.

Just take your passport, your old yellow book, your wife, her ID card and the new blue book to your District Office.

Thanks for this info. I wasn't aware of that. So I have a YHB for a property I own (condo), and if I was to move to a property I don't own I can update my YHB to the new address?