Prince Harry tells Anderson Cooper why he’s not stepping out of the limelight

Scott

5 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I did not say it is of less value.  I said it is mistaken to somehow think that his opinion is worth hearing merely because he is a member of the lucky sperm club.  I don't listen to Kim Kardashian, Kayne West, or Labron James for exactly the same reason.  They hold no special knowlege that would render their "opinion" important. 

I also used the phrase "not of more value" thus supporting your argument. My question was why all the outrage?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Yeah, poor Harry probably can't head down to the local Rub n Tug for a little stress relief without being noticed.  

Megs was just another mid-thirties childless unmarried woman seeking stability and fame. Her acting career was going nowhere, she was getting perilously close to her "sell by" date by Hollywood standards. So, hook up with helpless Harry (even though she was still living with another guy), throw him some quality horizontal happiness, and the rest is history. 

Don't the same comments apply to both his father and brother?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Right now, if Charles and William were both gone, who would ascend the throne?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_British_throne#:~:text=King Charles III is the,her younger brother%2C Prince Louis.

King Charles III is the sovereign; his heir apparent is his elder son, William, Prince of Wales. William's eldest child, Prince George, is second in line, followed by George's younger sister, Princess Charlotte, before her younger brother, Prince Louis. Fifth in line is Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, the younger son of the King; sixth is Harry's elder child, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. 

To answer your question, Harry sits at #5 in the line of succession.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_British_throne#:~:text=King Charles III is the,her younger brother%2C Prince Louis.

King Charles III is the sovereign; his heir apparent is his elder son, William, Prince of Wales. William's eldest child, Prince George, is second in line, followed by George's younger sister, Princess Charlotte, before her younger brother, Prince Louis. Fifth in line is Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, the younger son of the King; sixth is Harry's elder child, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. 

To answer your question, Harry sits at #5 in the line of succession.

Presumably, if William dies or abdicates before ascending the throne Harry would be next?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Nobody is accusing Harry of being the sharpest tool in the shed.

A tool yes , a sharp tool .....no

Anyway , no need for him to step out of the lime light. The light will be turned off when America has had enough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

A tool yes , a sharp tool .....no

Anyway , no need for him to step out of the lime light. The light will be turned off when America has had enough.

Because no Britons oppose the royalty? How about Australia? All royalists?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

Just now, Denim said:

It's a money thing. They behave as they do to generate cash. Nothing to do with ' opposing royalty '

Most of their income is generated stateside with netflix deals etc. When that market bores of their antics that source of income will also dry up. By then they will just be a Mr and Mrs.

I was referring to the British population at large. Nice swerve.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Did you ever volunteer to join the military and fight for your country?

Did he actually fight for his country in Afghanistan?

Or did he just waste years of his life?

And yes, I know he is not responsible for the disaster in Afghanistan.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Pathetic. If he didn't fight that wasn't his decision to make. He served his country.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I was referring to the British population at large. Nice swerve.

No swerve. You quoted me and I explained what you misunderstood. 

My post was not about their popularity but about their marketability., which will diminish.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Why shouldn't he. He's entitled to his opinion. Would you prefer the royal family hid their dirty laundry? Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

The royalist are afraid of the truth.

Because he should show loyalty to his family. 

Not stitch them up by leaking private conversations at every opportunity. He can't be trusted. Him and his wife and proven liars. He is also a proven racist. He should clean up his own behaviour before trying to bring down his brother and father.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Because he should show loyalty to his family. 

Not stitch them up by leaking private conversations at every opportunity. He can't be trusted. Him and his wife and proven liars. He is also a proven racist. He should clean up his own behaviour before trying to bring down his brother and father.

Perhaps the opposite is true. His father and brother need to clean up their act?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Don't the same comments apply to both his father and brother?

His brother has quality at home. As did his father at his age.

Not some washed up B list divorced actress who needs a ton of makeup to look any good. 

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Have you ever considered doing a little research before you post rubbish like this.

https://veteranlife.com/lifestyle/prince-harry-military/#:~:text=Harry served two tours in,joined the Blues and Royals.

Have you ever done anything for your country and not for yourself?

for the love of god, give it a rest.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

His brother has quality at home. As did his father at his age.

Not some washed up B list divorced actress who needs a ton of makeup to look any good. 

The royal family's treatment of Diana was reprehensible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Perhaps the opposite is true. His father and brother need to clean up their act?

How so? Please provide links to them being racist.

Here's one of Harry calling an asian Army collegaue his "Little P**i friend". 

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Have you ever considered doing a little research before you post rubbish like this.

https://veteranlife.com/lifestyle/prince-harry-military/#:~:text=Harry served two tours in,joined the Blues and Royals.

Have you ever done anything for your country and not for yourself?

Ah yes, playing soldiers while racially insulting his colleagues and dressing like a Nazi. Brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Oh yea, whatever faults he may have he was on the frontline, finger to the trigger taking lives, good interview of him here having to run and join the apache chopper. Worth a watch only 5 mins but gives good insight into his role

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ah yes, playing soldiers while racially insulting his colleagues and dressing like a Nazi. Brilliant.

"It was a poor choice of costume and I apologize," Harry said at the time, according to The New York Times.

The prince issued another apology four years later, saying he was "extremely sorry" for using a racial slur to address his friend in a military training video.

https://www.insider.com/british-royal-family-racist-history-black-lives-matter-2020-8

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

"It was a poor choice of costume and I apologize," Harry said at the time, according to The New York Times.

The prince issued another apology four years later, saying he was "extremely sorry" for using a racial slur to address his friend in a military training video.

https://www.insider.com/british-royal-family-racist-history-black-lives-matter-2020-8

It's good that he apologized. Good PR move.

It's a shame he'd already shown his true colours.

Now, show me evidence of another member of the Royal Family being racist. Evidence, not gossip from Harry's wife.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's good that he apologized. Good PR move.

It's a shame he'd already shown his true colours.

Now, show me evidence of another member of the Royal Family being racist. Evidence, not gossip from Harry's wife.

Get real, have you already forgotten the late Prince Philip "while on a visit to China, Philip described Beijing as "ghastly." He also told British students: "If you stay here much longer you'll all be slitty-eyed."

By the way, I'm all for the Royal family but they are also human and make errors

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Maybe it's because I'm American and wasn't brain washed all my life but I can't believe there are so many royalists in 2023.  Absolutely crazy.  I'm glad harry is exposing the racists and other things from the royal family.  

There's no shortage of anti-monarchists in the UK either.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/bmncb6vteb/Republic_Monarchy_221215.pdf