Prince Harry tells Anderson Cooper why he’s not stepping out of the limelight

Scott

2 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

"sponging off the public purse"? Wrong.

The expenses of the spares like Harry come from the Privy Purse, funded by Duchy of Lancaster, or from Charles via Duchy of Lancaster.

https://www.duchyoflancaster.co.uk/financial/

No taxpayers money there. Harry has saved the taxpayer a good whack by shunting off to USA and having his Met security pulled. 

The late Queen also decided years ago to reimburse the public purse for all Civil List expenditure (the expenses/allowances for all 'working' members of the Royal Family apart from her, Prince Philip and the Queen Mum). The Civil List was done away with some years back and now the funding comes from the Crown Estates.

https://taxscouts.com/blog/does-uk-tax-go-to-the-royal-family/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Maybe it's because I'm American and wasn't brain washed all my life but I can't believe there are so many royalists in 2023.  Absolutely crazy.  I'm glad harry is exposing the racists and other things from the royal family.  

He's not exposing anything.

Him and his wife are making up stories to make money. Don't be so gullible.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Get real, have you already forgotten the late Prince Philip "while on a visit to China, Philip described Beijing as "ghastly." He also told British students: "If you stay here much longer you'll all be slitty-eyed."

By the way, I'm all for the Royal family but they are also human and make errors

That comment was a direct response to the Chinese expression about their students going round eyed if they study too long in the West. The Chinese thought it was a very funny retort. You must think Thais are all incredibly racist if you find a bit of banter like that offensive. It's a wonder you can survive here with such a lack of humour.

Also, I don't remember Prince Philip then going on to accuse everyone else of being racist like a hypocritical SJW. It's the hypocrisy that stinks, same as his eco warrior victim stance while taking private jets to play polo with his chums in another state and driving around in gas guzzling Range Rovers. Pure hypocrisy, and people are sick of it.

Beijing IS ghastly. Nothing wrong with pointing that out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

That comment was a direct response to the Chinese expression about their students going round eyed if they study too long in the West. The Chinese thought it was a very funny retort. You must think Thais are all incredibly racist if you find a bit of banter like that offensive. It's a wonder you can survive here with such a lack of humour.

Also, I don't remember Prince Philip then going on to accuse everyone else of being racist like a hypocritical SJW. It's the hypocrisy that stinks, same as his eco warrior victim stance while taking private jets to play polo with his chums in another state and driving around in gas guzzling Range Rovers. Pure hypocrisy, and people are sick of it.

Beijing IS ghastly. Nothing wrong with pointing that out. 

What was this comment in direct response to? Would you also like to defend it? 

Prince Philip: "So who's on drugs here?... HE looks as if he's on drugs," while pointing to a 14-year-old member of a Bangladeshi youth club. 

or how about: “It looks as if it was put in by an Indian” (referring to an old-fashioned fuse box in a factory near Edinburgh).

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The link you post above talks about the Sovereign Grant Act but fails to mention that government gets the money back from the Crown Estate.

"The Sovereign Grant Act 2011 came into effect on 1 April 2012. It sets the single grant supporting the monarch’s official business, enabling The King to discharge his duties as Head of State. It meets the central staff costs and running expenses of His Majesty’s official household – including official receptions, investitures and garden parties. It also covers maintenance of the Royal Palaces in England and the cost of travel to carry out royal engagements such as opening buildings and other royal visits. In exchange for this public support, The King surrenders the revenue from The Crown Estate to the government. Over the last ten years, the revenue paid to the Exchequer is £3 billion for public spending."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sovereign-grant-act-2011-guidance/sovereign-grant-act-2011-guidance

You said Prince Harry had a choice between paying his own way or 'sponging off the public purse'. You're still wrong on the 'sponging off the public purse'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

The link you post above talks about the Sovereign Grant Act but fails to mention that government gets the money back from the Crown Estate.

"The Sovereign Grant Act 2011 came into effect on 1 April 2012. It sets the single grant supporting the monarch’s official business, enabling The King to discharge his duties as Head of State. It meets the central staff costs and running expenses of His Majesty’s official household – including official receptions, investitures and garden parties. It also covers maintenance of the Royal Palaces in England and the cost of travel to carry out royal engagements such as opening buildings and other royal visits. In exchange for this public support, The King surrenders the revenue from The Crown Estate to the government. Over the last ten years, the revenue paid to the Exchequer is £3 billion for public spending."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sovereign-grant-act-2011-guidance/sovereign-grant-act-2011-guidance

You said Prince Harry had a choice between paying his own way or 'sponging off the public purse'. You're still wrong on the 'sponging off the public purse'.

I provided evidence (a link) to the contrary.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

“It looks as if it was put in by an Indian” (referring to an old-fashioned fuse box in a factory near Edinburgh).

So, kinda like ...

image.jpeg

Edited by BKKBike09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_British_throne#:~:text=King Charles III is the,her younger brother%2C Prince Louis.

King Charles III is the sovereign; his heir apparent is his elder son, William, Prince of Wales. William's eldest child, Prince George, is second in line, followed by George's younger sister, Princess Charlotte, before her younger brother, Prince Louis. Fifth in line is Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, the younger son of the King; sixth is Harry's elder child, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. 

To answer your question, Harry sits at #5 in the line of succession.

Thanks for that.  I don't pay much attention to this, but I thought Harry abdicated his position, which is why I asked.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What was this comment in direct response to? Would you also like to defend it? 

Prince Philip: "So who's on drugs here?... HE looks as if he's on drugs," while pointing to a 14-year-old member of a Bangladeshi youth club. 

or how about: “It looks as if it was put in by an Indian” (referring to an old-fashioned fuse box in a factory near Edinburgh).

Inappropriate banter from a very old man from a completely different era. Don't judge the people of yesterday by today's standards. My sweet old Gran also used to make jokes that wouldn't fly in 2023 but like I said, she was also from a bygone era when such terminology was acceptable. I'm sure some labels you or I might use in 2023 for groups such as Paedophiles (now being relabelled by some groups as "Minor attracted persons" as to not offend these Paedophiles) would be criticized by the Wokerati in 2060 but that doesn't make you "Paedophobic" or whatever label they'll create to throw at you in the future. 

Now, if he'd have started criticizing everyone else for making rubbish inappropriate Granddad jokes I'd have an issue with his hypocrisy, but he didn't.

Harry criticizing racists having been proved to be racist is hypocrisy.

Harry bleating about the environment while taking private jets to polo matches and driving Range Rovers is hypocrisy.

Harry moaning about white privilige having lived his life as a literal Millionaire prince is hypocrisy.

Harry complaining about leaks to the press when he and his wife leak stories to the press is hypocrisy.

Harry whingeing about misinformation while he and his wife tell lies is hypocrisy.

I wonder what you like about this couple so much. Care to elaborate?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I wonder what you like about this couple so much. Care to elaborate?

Nothing to do with my thoughts on this couple however you did ask a poster to "Now, show me evidence of another member of the Royal Family being racist. Evidence, not gossip from Harry's wife."

Duly provided, your welcome

Prince Philip wasn't being racist. My post explained why. You're (not your) welcome.

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He did explain that he got mixed up and meant "Cowboy" , as in cowboy builder and got mixed up between cowboys and Indians , and meant to say cowboy builder rathe than Indian 

Nonsense. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He did explain that he got mixed up and meant "Cowboy" , as in cowboy builder and got mixed up between cowboys and Indians , and meant to say cowboy builder rathe than Indian 

I see. A perfectly innocent mistake from an old man. Thanks for that. 

Just now, JonnyF said:

Prince Philip wasn't being racist. My post explained why. You're (not your) welcome.

Because you said so right.

"Kumar Murshid, who chairs the national assembly against racism, said the prince's comments were disgraceful"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Kumar Murshid, who chairs the national assembly against racism, said the prince's comments were disgraceful"

You are going back 20 years and the person who said it is no longer alive and this thread is about his grandson 

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

Prince Harry is shaping up to be Prince Andrew Mk 2,

Harry is a far more likeable and impressive person than his uncle Andrew.That's why the current standoff with his family is so sad.With Andrew there;s nothing to feel except contempt.

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Spare? Spare me the drivel. Selling your own family down the river for some silver coins. 

He seems to be complaining that he's only second in line to the throne and that he was regarded as being a "spare heir" just in case William died .

Now he is no longer necessary as Williams kids are next in line for the throne

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Well he's bound to say that isn't he.

Without "racism" he has no job. I bet he sees it everywhere. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

"sponging off the public purse"? Wrong.

The expenses of the spares like Harry come from the Privy Purse, funded by Duchy of Lancaster, or from Charles via Duchy of Lancaster.

https://www.duchyoflancaster.co.uk/financial/

No taxpayers money there. Harry has saved the taxpayer a good whack by shunting off to USA and having his Met security pulled. 

The late Queen also decided years ago to reimburse the public purse for all Civil List expenditure (the expenses/allowances for all 'working' members of the Royal Family apart from her, Prince Philip and the Queen Mum). The Civil List was done away with some years back and now the funding comes from the Crown Estates.

The British taxpayer did pay for much of Harry's incredibly priviliged lifestyle.

https://www.vertexinc.com/resources/resource-library/royal-wedding-costs-taxpayers-more-40-million

Welcomed his new wife with open arms.

image.png.4f2ce79f5662c1c296cbd00fe3121bb2.png

Now they throw it back in our faces. True class that lad.

• Like 1