Proof of Covid vaccines will be required again for ALL arrivals to Thailand

snoop1130

I wonder if non-O applicants on expiration of a visa waiver are required to show insurance for the full year? And then each year they extend the visa? If they get an exit permit, do they need to take out insurance for the remainder of their visa before returning?

1 minute ago, VBF said:

If these people REALLY did their own research (as I have) they would realise that the case FOR being vaccinated is simply overwhelming in terms of health and freedom of movement. There is just NO downside.

It could be said that the "anti-vaxxers" are just another herd to follow.

But....as is often said in Thailand....up to you!  (But be prepared to live with the consequences of your decision)

Most of these people as evidenced in nearly all their statements have serious problems with adult terms like 'consequences'.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

That 1 in 800 figures represents mostly unvaccinated people in the US who died.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/united-states-rates-of-covid-19-deaths-by-vaccination-status?country=~50%2B

Nope. It is recently released vax injuries/death in the uk. They are .Gov figures. A system used to report injuries "Yellow Card" the in 800 yellow cards issued is more than all other medications added together yet the silence is deafening (I believe us figures are the same other countries figures are similar). It is also estimated that yellow card reporting is only 10%. My wife was one, my cousin more serious "lost use of his arm". I was lucky as it never effected me but I also caught covid after getting the vax as did my wife who through her job got every vax going. Her covid was much worse than me but still was just like a normal cold. 

• Thanks 1

Actually, it's probably the best they could do, given the current realities, rather than tick off the Chinese by having requirements only for them.  Making the requirements for everyone shows the Chinese they're not being singled out.

Edited by JTXR
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BritScot said:

Nope. It is recently released vax injuries/death in the uk. They are .Gov figures. A system used to report injuries "Yellow Card" the in 800 yellow cards issued is more than all other medications added together yet the silence is deafening (I believe us figures are the same other countries figures are similar). It is also estimated that yellow card reporting is only 10%. My wife was one, my cousin more serious "lost use of his arm". I was lucky as it never effected me but I also caught covid after getting the vax as did my wife who through her job got every vax going. Her covid was much worse than me but still was just like a normal cold. 

Lucky you had the vax then otherwise it could have been much worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BritScot said:

It's the medical injury reporting system used in the uk. It's also estimated at only picking up 10% so the injury figures are obviously much higher. The Yellow Card figures have just been released. There is now more and more data coming out, figures that are so shocking they no longer can be ignored. In the uk we had a vax debate in parliament (very interesting) and what shocked me was only half a dozen MP's bothered to turn up. 

I suggest you read it rather than relying on second hand accounts. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Spilornis said:

Rules have just been published...

"

1. Passengers over 18 years old are required to present vaccination certificate or a letter from a doctor certifying that they have recovered from COVID-19 no longer than 6 months (180 days).

2. Passengers coming from countries with measures to prevent people infected with COVID from returning to the country must have health insurance covering COVID treatment throughout the duration of the trip in Thailand. Expats with Thai social security are exempt.

3. Passengers holding Thai passports are exempt from having documents checked for vaccination and health insurance.

4. Passengers who are in transit are exempt from checking vaccination documents and health insurance documents.

5. The airline must check the documents as mentioned. If the Passenger is unable to present these documents, the carrier should refuse the passenger to board.

6. Airlines must adhere to relevant requirements and follow guidelines as appropriate, such as asking passengers to wear masks throughout the journey. Except during the meal or in an emergency.

7. Passengers with symptoms of COVID-19 during the journey will be advised to undergo a test upon arrival at their destination.

This will start from 9th January at 1:00 a.m. until 31 January 31 at 4:59 p.m."

# 1 . I`m hoping that 6 months limit is for recovery from Covid , not a time limit on when people were vaccinated .

If I fly to the USA and fly back to Thailand do I need insurance or not?....I am not clear...

2. Passengers coming from countries with measures to prevent people infected with COVID from returning to the country must have health insurance covering COVID treatment throughout the duration of the trip in Thailand. Expats with Thai social security are exempt.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Sometimes personal integrity is more important that succumbing to governmental demands. I got 3 vaccines but no more, as I know the truth now. 

So what is the truth you now know?

My bold type

Information about new entry requirements starting on Monday were released by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand and so are only for airlines arriving at international airports. We are waiting for a different government department to give rules about land borders.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1611623304737230849

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Yes

The news headlines will start piling up when people who are completely unaware turn up at the airport for their flights from Monday and are turned away - likely even if they're 'fully vaccinated'.

Why would that happen? Because when they booked the flight they would have been aware that there are no longer any restrictions so they didn't seek out vaccination proof certificates which may or may not be easily available.

It's going to be mayhem at the airports next week, I expect backpedalling and very quickly.

Likewise.

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Here's some science LOL

As usual, don't just read the headline : "While the incidence of COVID infection was higher in vaccine recipients (6.7 percent) than in individuals previously infected (2.9 percent)," , so the vaccinated had a 2,2x higher risk of getting covid including all the risks that go with it....  But hey that would be reading and understanding and that takes time.

Edited by WhatsNext
  • Like 2

Just now, WhatsNext said:

As usual, don't just read the headline : "While the incidence of COVID infection was higher in vaccine recipients (6.7 percent) than in individuals previously infected (2.9 percent)," , so the vaccinated had a 2,2x higher risk of getting covid. But hey that would be reading and understanding and that takes time.

The important part is serious illness. Infections are of little import.

Just now, ozimoron said:

The important part is serious illness. Infections are of little import.

Well you also get 2,2x more risks of serious illness than the not vaccinated ones, while the all cause admissions and death were only 37% lower,

So 220% increase of infections against an only 37% increase in risk... see where this is going. It's a biased article from a journalist that can't use a calculator. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhatsNext said:

Well you also get 2,2x more risks of serious illness than the not vaccinated ones, while the all cause admissions and death were only 37% lower,

So 220% increase of infections against an only 37% increase in risk... see where this is going. It's a biased article from a journalist that can't use a calculator. 

It's an article from an educational institution. No, more infections does not translate into more serious infections, that's a non sequitur.

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Tell us how they can't get that certification online and on demand.

Tell me how you can get it at the check in desk in all the different countries around the world where the flights originate from.

I know my parents don't have a login for the NHS, what they have is a little piece of cardboard which has a stamp on it from their first two vaccine shots - nothing more than that. Not even anything extra for the boosters.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Tell me how you can get it at the check in desk in all the different countries around the world where the flights originate from.

I know my parents don't have a login for the NHS, what they have is a little piece of cardboard which has a stamp on it from their first two vaccine shots - nothing more than that. Not even anything extra for the boosters.

Why would they wait that long? Your parents can readily get someone from the NHS to help them if they are incapable of doing it themselves. They sure could in my country, I know that for a fact.

• Like 1