Proof of Covid vaccines will be required again for ALL arrivals to Thailand

snoop1130

Just now, ukrules said:

You're missing the  point - people aren't going to know about this requirement until they are turned away from the check in desk - just watch what happens on Monday.

You mean people actually travel to Thailand without acquainting themselves of the requirements first? If they purchased their tickets online then they could read them right there. If they purchased their tickets from a travel agent, the agent would give them a flyer explaining the requirements and probably even make sure they read it to them. You are just clutching at straws. If they can't get that far then hard cheese.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kwilco said:

If you are in the UK, you cn get you document online - if they had the jabs then there is a record.

You can go on l;ine or by phone.

The hard copy is downloadable online or  order-able over the phone - of course this is an inconvenience and in the latter circumstances, they need to do it ASAP as there are postal strikes (an NHS strikes) to take into account.

should read "by phone app."

1 minute ago, kwilco said:

In UK  - They don't need the app log-in they can do it online

however they can log-in if they have someone with basic internet skills on hand

ALL UK vaccinations are registered for access online.

Just as they are in Australia if anyone was wondering.

42 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

As usual, don't just read the headline : "While the incidence of COVID infection was higher in vaccine recipients (6.7 percent) than in individuals previously infected (2.9 percent)," , so the vaccinated had a 2,2x higher risk of getting covid including all the risks that go with it....  But hey that would be reading and understanding and that takes time.

The study rather than your out of context snippet:

Large, real-world study finds COVID-19 vaccination more effective than natural immunity in protecting against all causes of death, hospitalization and emergency department visits

Significantly, the all-cause death and hospital admission rates for vaccinated individuals were 37 percent lower than the rates for those with natural immunity acquired from previous COVID infection. "This large population study of the entire state of Indiana should encourage individuals everywhere to get themselves and their children vaccinated and not rely on natural immunity.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/12/221215120738.htm

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

There were no restrictions until like today or tomorrow, people who booked flights in December would have been told there are no restrictions at all - because there weren't any at the time.

By Monday new restrictions will be in force and almost nobody will know about them.

Just watch what happens - it's only a few days away.

The airlines would email them in that circumstance.

4 hours ago, Yme said:
On 1/5/2023 at 8:31 PM, rbkk said:

Genuine question: How long is a Covid-19 vaccine/booster "Valid" for travel? I'm off next week for a short trip and I've had 4 in total but the last booster was about 9 months ago. Do I now need a "Top-up?"

They are effective for about three months.

Answer: 180 days.

7 minutes ago, kwilco said:

In UK  - They don't need the app log-in they can do it online

however they can log-in if they have someone with basic internet skills on hand

ALL UK vaccinations are registered for access online.

Small correction - you do need a log-in whether you use the App or do it online - it's the same log-in details.

I logged in yesterday, got a current NHS Covid Pass, downloaded it and printed it- will put it with my ticket for next month's departure. Whole procedure took 5 minutes!  (Will also copy it to phone and tablet!!) My Certificate is good until July (6 months) at which time I'll do the same again and keep one "just in case"

• Like 1

Some posts trolling about emojis have been removed:

11. You will not stalk other members by using forum posts, private messages, the use of emojis or any other means.

Some anti-vax troll posts and the replies have been removed.

4 hours ago, Yme said:

"But usually the new mutation get less and less severe". Ridiculous. What viruses have gotten less severe over time? Polio? Measles? Ebola? Syphilis? Typhoid? 

That's a total myth. 

"There is a very low chance of a more severe mutation happening". 

Absolutely totally ridiculous bull based on zero scientific knowledge held by the writer.

So we are both wrong then? 

If you say virus wont get weaker then it won't get more deadly either?  Those virus you mentioned have not got more deadly have they?  

3 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

So we are both wrong then? 

If you say virus wont get weaker then it won't get more deadly either?  Those virus you mentioned have not got more deadly have they?  

The yearly flu virus changes, sometimes it becomes more virulent and deadly. “antigenic shift.” 

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's an article from an educational institution.

Not a very good one

1 infection with vax risk 100

1 infection without vax risk 137

2.2x more infections with vax : risk 240

what is higher 240 or 137 ?

i know that trying to change someone's opinion is about as effective as making steak from strawberries, but it's entertaining 

5 hours ago, Yme said:

"But usually the new mutation get less and less severe". Ridiculous. What viruses have gotten less severe over time? Polio? Measles? Ebola? Syphilis? Typhoid? 

That's a total myth. 

"There is a very low chance of a more severe mutation happening". 

Absolutely totally ridiculous bull based on zero scientific knowledge held by the writer.

Well said....

I believe the severe mutations are working even as we speak. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Not a very good one

1 infection with vax risk 100

1 infection without vax risk 137

2.2x more infections with vax : risk 240

what is higher 240 or 137 ?

i know that trying to change someone's opinion is about as effective as making steak from strawberries, but it's entertaining 

I've already given you the link to the study, try the maths again

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

You mean people actually travel to Thailand without acquainting themselves of the requirements first? If they purchased their tickets online then they could read them right there. If they purchased their tickets from a travel agent, the agent would give them a flyer explaining the requirements and probably even make sure they read it to them. You are just clutching at straws. If they can't get that far then hard cheese.

Do you understand these are new requirements? Impossible for anyone to know this was going to happen again.If you understand that then hard cheese ????

Just now, WhatsNext said:

No it's up to you to give a counter argument, showing that I'm wrong 

The study shows your wrong. Oh and don't forget to add in that the unvaccinated cohort were previously infected and take into account the hospitalization rates when that occured.

Thai Public Health Minister, Transport Minister and Tourism and Sports Minister will be at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Monday to welcome the first group of Chinese tourists to visit Thailand post COVID pandemic.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-ministers-to-welcome-first-group-of-chinese-tourists-on-monday/

• Haha 1

THE NATION: The long-awaited return of Chinese tourists maybe more of a surge, as the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has already given permission for 15 Chinese airlines to fly from major cities in China to Thailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/tourism/40023809

1 hour ago, WhatsNext said:

"Your wrong" now i understand why I'm still waiting for an argument from your side. Case closed

Editing my post and taking out of context where it shows you what you've missed does nothing to make your case aside from being blind to the the actual results of the study

image.png.13fdb006cf418c94f1a5b4ae1d1b98dc.png

https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/full/10.2105/AJPH.2022.307112

Study conclusions

Conclusions. The significantly lower rates of all-cause ED visits, hospitalizations, and mortality in the vaccinated highlight the real-world benefits of vaccination. The data raise questions about the wisdom of reliance on natural immunity when safe and effective vaccines are available. (Am J Public Health. 2023;113(1):96–104. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2022.307112)

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnBZ said:

I plan to go to Thailand on Jan 12 this coming Thursday.  What should be do?  I do not have enough time to get a jab.

Nothing has been mentioned about land entry (so far!) so if you like gambling, fly to a neighbouring country and try a border crossing. Or, wait until 1 Feb - with the possibility of the restrictions being extended. Or, get your first jab and plan to go to Thailand in about 4-6 weeks (unless you can get one of the vaccines where 1 dose is accepted in which case it would be quicker to get in).