OPINION: When will Republican voters wake up to their own oppression?

Scott

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

Members of Congress of both parties do not work for the "people", they work for their donors. Their donors are significantly invested in, or actually are, pharmaceutical companies. The issue is NOT saving money for taxpayers, it is losing money for their donors.

Supposedly the pharmaceutical industry is the biggest, well, let's say donor.  Each member of Congress has a team of pharma reps that work them.  Sinema did a big favor for Pfizer in 2021, I think they dropped so much $$$ on her that she is still stunned.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Biden is a decent man. Comparing his character and honesty with that of Trump is a non starter. You can count one one hand any lies attributed to Biden. You need to be a centipede to do that with trump

"If you take the vaccine you won't get sick"

"I was appointed to Annapolis in 1965"

"I was arrested at Mandels's funeral"

"I graduated at the top of my law school class"

"Neil Kinnock plagiarized ME"

"My son died in Iraq"

just off the top of my head.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

You have an administration that is not Republican that has controlled the White House, Senate, and House for the past two years as inflation skyrocketed.  Blaming Republicans is a total misrepresentation of the facts.  

In terms of the expansion of Medicaid or for that matter anything else, does it never dawn on liberals that spending money no matter how noble to person thinks the cause is, CREATES INFLATION that robs everyone.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  You can not run multi-trillion dollar deficits and spend your way to prosperity. 

What should be the objective is to enhance the economy to provide good paying jobs so people can afford their own healthcare and not placing the burden of their care on those already working and paying the freight.  

This is a chart of the inflation rate.  Please note when INFLATION RAGED causing everything including housing prices and rents to skyrocket. 

image.png.20978e26d6401fd2c386cf4485f52639.png

And the biggest single contributor to inflation is?

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

"If you take the vaccine you won't get sick"

"I was appointed to Annapolis in 1965"

"I was arrested at Mandels's funeral"

"I graduated at the top of my law school class"

"Neil Kinnock plagiarized ME"

"My son died in Iraq"

just off the top of my head.

Lol i won' bother collecting evidence why thats a false equivilence to the amount of lies and conspiracey theories Trump rants out daily. 

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Does spending money that generates inflation also apply to Trump's $2.5 trillion gift to the rich? Or is that trickle down economics? 

Now Ozimoron, under which president did the SPENDING skyrocket. It is not a lack of tax revenue we are now approaching 50% for all Federal, State, and Local tax receipts.  It is no matter how much is collected the government spends more.  That creates inflation.  Now the top half of wage earners already pay 97% of the taxes how much more do you want?  Now at the point where taxes become so confiscatory at the top levels that there is no point in being productive, those who previously earned the large incomes have ZERO INCENTIVE to produce. 

image.png.8393d1cd5cd72380b64266667efaacd4.png

image.png.bdf4f3aa6488b0f1f306ec5a0b821835.png

https://taxfoundation.org/publications/latest-federal-income-tax-data/

image.png

image.png

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Triggered with the truth. Same as Trump

Absolutely not.  I have never called Trump an "obviously decent man". He isn't.  But the topic is Biden and the Democrats, not the former President.  You and others don't seem capable of defending Biden's 'character' without reference to Trump. Classic whataboutery. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tug said:

Well to put it simply they aren’t the brightest bunch

just look at their supposed leader (Trump) brightness, usually the apple doesn't fall far from the tree   555

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Absolutely not.  I have never called Trump an "obviously decent man". He isn't.  But the topic is Biden and the Democrats, not the former President.  You and others don't seem capable of defending Biden's 'character' without reference to Trump. Classic whataboutery. 

I responded to your reference to Trump and Biden Try again

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Now Ozimoron, under which president did the SPENDING skyrocket. It is not a lack of tax revenue we are now approaching 50% for all Federal, State, and Local tax receipts.  It is no matter how much is collected the government spends more.  That creates inflation.  Now the top half of wage earners already pay 97% of the taxes how much more do you want?  Now at the point where taxes become so confiscatory at the top levels that there is no point in being productive, those who previously earned the large incomes have ZERO INCENTIVE to produce. 

image.png

image.png

Since the FY 2020 and FY2021 Federal budgets were passed while Trump was in office, it looks like spending skyrocketed under Trump.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

...so no response to the false idea that Biden is an obviously decent man then.  Not my fetish interest at all though- you need to talk to ol' Joe about it. 

Baiting much. Look at my previous  responses on that. How much further would you like to de rail this thread into one about Biden

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

image.png

image.png

Covid stimulus saving lots of incomes and companies from going bust mean anything to you? The stimulus has stopped now so the big companies are crying poor now and we are headed for a recession.

18 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Since the FY 2020 and FY2021 Federal budgets were passed while Trump was in office, it looks like spending skyrocketed under Trump.

Oh there is no question that Trump like the presidents before him was no fiscal dove.  However this is like a snowball running down a hill.  The deficits and spending keep increasing.  As to inflation, the only thing you can say is that it was low during the Trump years.  Whether he was responsible for that or it was purely lucky, is up for debate. 
As to Biden, his spending has outstripped Trump and certainly these huge "stimulus" bills are nothing more than throwing gasoline on a fire. 

Certainly a major reason for the inflation is the huge run up in oil.  Biden and the Democrats position on oil was a significant factor in the oil price going up.  He killed the Keystone Pipeline, he cancelled some existing leases for oil exploration and placed a moratorium on signing new leases.  That told the oil markets that the USA which was a net exporter of oil would now have to purchase it and it started the spiraling of oil prices up.  Oil goes into almost every product that is produced and certainly is used for every product that has to be transported. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Exactly!  You are making my point for me, thanks. 

Well, It's not like there would have ever been any lawsuit against Trump for raping an underage girl, with Epstein as co-dependent!

Oh wait!

https://newjerseylaw.net/news-event/rape-and-sexual-misconduct-lawsuit-against-donald-trump/

https://cdn.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Johnson_TrumpEpstein_Lawsuit.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiDqaK6uLL8AhVVYKQEHeF3DGsQFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2A-P0GCUETmFTOtiarupfU

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Longwood50 said:

Oh there is no question that Trump like the presidents before him was no fiscal dove.  However this is like a snowball running down a hill.  The deficits and spending keep increasing.  As to inflation, the only thing you can say is that it was low during the Trump years.  Whether he was responsible for that or it was purely lucky, is up for debate. 
As to Biden, his spending has outstripped Trump and certainly these huge "stimulus" bills are nothing more than throwing gasoline on a fire. 

Certainly a major reason for the inflation is the huge run up in oil.  Biden and the Democrats position on oil was a significant factor in the oil price going up.  He killed the Keystone Pipeline, he cancelled some existing leases for oil exploration and placed a moratorium on signing new leases.  That told the oil markets that the USA which was a net exporter of oil would now have to purchase it and it started the spiraling of oil prices up.  Oil goes into almost every product that is produced and certainly is used for every product that has to be transported. 

Seen the price of oil lately? Under Biden's watch? That criticism has sailed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

And now that oil prices have significantly declined again, what's your explanation for that?

And there's this:

U.S. Fuel Exports Broke Records In The First Half Of 2022

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/US-Fuel-Exports-Broke-Records-In-The-First-Half-Of-2022.html

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Seen the price of oil lately? Under Biden's watch? That criticism has sailed.

LOL,

Oh you mean the price of oil at $75 to $80 a bargain.  Perhaps economics was not your best subject.  Of course prices of oil go down when you have a weak economy.  So are you suggesting Biden should get credit for the low prices because he tanked the economy. 

That is like saying the house was full of termites but he exterminated them by burning the house down. 

• Thanks 2