Thailand’s Proposal for Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Proof Angers and Panics International Travelers

webfact

20 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

So when does the proposal become reality.as I thought this was concrete already..but so many different comments..on various posts.. 

There's no way to know whether it will ever become reality. There's always a possibility that it will simply remain as a proposal.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

On this slow Saturday I just thought “what vaccine did  Xi Jingping get”?  Recently I went to Singapore and SinoVac was a not an approved vaccine for entry.  So for LOS any vaccine will be accepted?  

“Great countries are lead by great leaders who give careful thought before making decisions”.

Of course as an American I no longer apply this saying for American Leaders.  In essence the US Government is now a “clown show”.  

I remember when the PM was supposed to make a public appearance for his shot of vax.

He was to be the first recipient.

But when he found out it was  gonna get Sinovac he promptly cancelled and did the whole thing again once Astrozenica was available.

You could not make this stuff up it's so farcical.

So obviously the Chinese vaccine is useless by his own reluctance to take it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

I was planning to fly to Thailand on Monday I haven't booked anything yet.

I've had two boosters my  last one was December 2021  does anybody know if they will let me in or not?

on the nation according to this webpage I think they might not 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40014402

There is no time limit on when the vaccines were administered so you will have no problem boarding the plane.

On 1/6/2023 at 1:43 PM, sqwakvfr said:

In the last 6 months I have been to the US and then Singapore.  I was never asked for proof of vaccination when i came back to Thailand. I was only asked to show my vaccine certificate by the airlines when I checked in with Singapore Airlines and then Scoot Air.  

Does the vaccine certificate have to be in paper form? Or can it be on form just the record of jabs on Thai app.also does the certificate have to be in the language of the country you travel to or from... As it seems to me like the international driving permit is use less as it not on Thai only UK in my case... So how the thai going to read a certificate in English at immigration 

14 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Does the vaccine certificate have to be in paper form? Or can it be on form just the record of jabs on Thai app.also does the certificate have to be in the language of the country you travel to or from... As it seems to me like the international driving permit is use less as it not on Thai only UK in my case... So how the thai going to read a certificate in English at immigration 

We will be required to have it tattooed on our foreheads soon...wouldn't surprise me.. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

It's so achingly evident now how much Thai officialdom kisses the urse of China

How is this so? Chinese require Covid certificate the same as I will next week.

(Covid cases are soaring in the UK and our health service is in crisis)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

How is this so? Chinese require Covid certificate the same as I will next week.

(Covid cases are soaring in the UK and our health service is in crisis)

Everyone now needs it DUE to the Chinese.

They are not prepared to ask it ONLY of the Chinese like USA etc

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am now even more confused more than normal.  This is as of 1500 local time:

Thailand on Monday rescinded a policy announced at the weekend requiring visitors to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, its health minister said, citing sufficient immunisation levels in China and globally.

I was hoping for a consistent and clear policy?

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

I know after 7 years of being here full time but one can always Hope?

Used to it by now then ????

This latest flip-flop was due to them suddenly twigging they had locked out all unvaccinated, so they come up with "They can come now, but will require testing on arrival" With no details re a positive test. Which then changed to "spot checks on arrival" which means they have a good chance of getting away with no checks whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 1