3 Month Bank statement for Immigration

My local Immigration wants a 3 Month statement that the 800k THB is in the account at least 3 months (for renewal of extension based on Retirement)

The money is in a Fixed Deposit account and is in there for a very long time already (longer then 3 months) and it also was never below the min amount required

Now I talked to the bank and they replied via Bankmail this

Regarding your inquiry about account statement, please be informed that the conditions for requesting statement as follows:

- Your statement's latest data will be as of yesterday (one day before request date).
- For requests made before 09.00 a.m. your statement's latest data will be as of the day before yesterday (two days before request date).

So the statement will be from the day I go to the Bank Branch but the balance will be from the day before

Will that be an issue?

Bank is Bangkok Bank

Account: Fixed Deposit

IO: Buriram

TiA

Edited by MJCM
additional info

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just make sure the statement goes to when the IO needs it for

It's for renewal of Extension of Stay based on Retirement

For example goto Immigration on the 11th, goto Bank early morning get statement and then go to Immigration, but the statement will only cover up to the 10th! (one day before)

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg
  • Like 1

I think I understand it now (Maybe wrong)

The 3 Month Statement has the balance from Yesterday, but the Bank Letter with the actual balance is from TODAY.

I just transferred the min. required amount of 2000 THB to my Fixed Depost account and the Balance is updated immediately. So on the day I go to Immigration I get 2 letters

1- 3 Month Statement with Balance from Yesterday

2- Bank Letter with the NEW updated Balance (as I will transfer money into the account on the same day)

I hope this works (fingers crossed)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When you get the bank letter the letter will state the balance for a certain date---typically the day before---although the date on the letter might be current or previous day.  This is fine. 

The reason IOs typically want you to show a balance update same day of application via a small deposit/withdrawal or Balance Forward transaction (although your bank letter may report the previous day balance) is to ensure the account is still open with the required balance amount on the day of application.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pib said:

When you get the bank letter the letter will state the balance for a certain date---typically the day before---although the date on the letter might be current or previous day.  This is fine. 

The reason IOs typically want you to show a balance update same day of application via a small deposit/withdrawal or Balance Forward transaction (although your bank letter may report the previous day balance) is to ensure the account is still open with the required balance amount on the day of application.

Just had a look at my Bank Letter from last year and it has the balance of my FD account of the same day when I went to Immigration and added money to the account early that same morning.

So my guess, 3 Month Statement will have balance from day before and Bank Letter will have balance from the same day.

Bbbbuuuttttt will report back next week when I went to immigration and the Bank. (Also will report back if they require the YHB (issue I raised in another thread)

Not sure is you apply for the first time, but IO will require 12 month statement from the date you renewed your retirement visa, is it not?

Usual rule, you need to have 800K 2 month prior and 3 month after your renewal date, after that you can use up to 400k

i was told that BKK immigration now accept bank statement and letter for at least 7 days before application date. Please correct me it it's wrong, but i was told by my lawyer with connection to Chaeng Wattana IO. This makes sense, since most back will not report last 24 hours transaction in their bank statement anyways. I usually make another deposit on account and do bank book update at IO before seeing an officer.

i have to go on 10th of Jan, will report later

Edited by MasterBaker
additions

Your lucky at Chiang Mai they require a 12 month statement ,and with Bangkok Bank

must be obtained from head office Bangkok ,can take 7 days , Bank Book MUST be

updated same day you go to Immigration, each office seems to make up their own

rules,

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Bank Book MUST be updated same day you go to Immigration, each office seems to make up their own rules,

yes, and you need to make a small deposit on the day, otherwise bank book update will not show current balance on that day ????

Like i kept it for a year and then, i decided to take all 800K out for same reason, just before going to IO.... TIT

Edited by MasterBaker
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

Not sure is you apply for the first time, but IO will require 12 month statement from the date you renewed your retirement visa, is it not?

3rd Extension (before Marriage) and I went to Immigration last week and they SAID 3 Month statement and YHB (Yellow House Book) needed

56 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

Usual rule, you need to have 800K 2 month prior and 3 month after your renewal date, after that you can use up to 400k

800K is in there since I changed from Marriage -> Retirement (never taken money out only transferred money in)

57 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

I usually make another deposit on account and do bank book update at IO before seeing an officer.

I also do that every year before I go to the Bank AND Immigration. Last year NO issues, but this year they came up with this. (I shouldn't have gone to Immigration and ask :thumbsup:)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

updated same day you go to Immigration, each office seems to make up their own

rules,

100% correct on this. Another member (who uses the Same IO as I do) doesn't even need a bank letter an updated Bank Book is all (Afaik)

Edit: Ah .... it, if they don't approve, I will just go to Savanakhet and get a Multiple NON-O (based on Marriage) and next year go the Marriage Route again ????

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MasterBaker said:

You mention CW and also bank statements using money in the bank method.

Previously CW accepted photocopies of bank book pages showing 12 months.

There were few reports of statements required but that was down to consolidated transactions.

Last November (out of the blue) they wanted bank statements for 12 months for my annual extension.

The reason that they gave is that some months had not transaction entries. 

I use a dedicated bank account with 800k + all year round. Often without any entries. (accepted for previous several years no problem) 

I get the impression that bank statements will become a universal requirement.

Quite ridiculous. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Pib said:

Didn't work for me. The letter and statement were from the same day but the last transaction was the day before. They sent me to the bank to do another transaction so then the letter and statement balances didn't tie up with the bank book, but that was ok. 

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Didn't work for me. The letter and statement were from the same day but the last transaction was the day before. They sent me to the bank to do another transaction so then the letter and statement balances didn't tie up with the bank book, but that was ok. 

I checked my Bank Letter and Bank Book updates from Last year, and the amount was the same.

Thus before I went to the Bank, I transferred the min. 2k THB to the FD account, then went to the Bank, got the Bank Letter and the amount on the Letter was exactly the same as the amount in the account.

This was Bangkok Bank and money is in Fixed Deposit account.

Also, as a test I transferred 2k THB to my FD account yesterday and the balance was immediately updated and I then printed out the statement via the BBL Website which showed the added amount and the updated balance.

But Immigration will NOT accept a Printed out statement AFAIK, but can show them the Balance in the account via the BBL APP

Edited by MJCM

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I use a dedicated bank account with 800k + all year round. Often without any entries. (accepted for previous several years no problem) 

Question: FD account or Savings account?

Someone said that getting a Retirement Extension is easy, but I never had any problems with Bank Letters / statements etc etc when I was still on the extension based on Marriage.

The only reason I switched was because I ???? the under consideration period (up to 45 days), but now seriously thinking of switching back.

Will of course report back how everything goes (next week somewhere)

20 hours ago, MJCM said:

My local Immigration wants a 3 Month statement that the 800k THB is in the account at least 3 months (for renewal of extension based on Retirement)

Lucky you, mine asked me for a 12 month statement.

Reasoning, the passbook may have consolidated entries and the ATM book update machine sometimes overprints the previous entry. I use an SCB account so have no need to order it in advance (unlike Bangkok Bank) they can do it there and then. 

7 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Question: FD account or Savings account?

I actually use 600k+ in FD account along with 200k+ in savings account.

She was not interested in checking the FD. Just quick glance.

Her concerns were some months in the savings account did not have any entries. 

Just now, foreverlomsak said:

Lucky you, mine asked me for a 12 month statement.

Reasoning, the passbook may have consolidated entries and the ATM book update machine sometimes overprints the previous entry. I use an SCB account so have no need to order it in advance (unlike Bangkok Bank) they can do it there and then. 

Aah I guess you use a Savings account if you get consolidated entries, an FD account doesn't get consolidated entries AFAIK

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

Aah I guess you use a Savings account if you get consolidated entries, an FD account doesn't get consolidated entries AFAIK

True, it's a savings account, have had 3 FD accounts in the past and it was always a problem with IO as the banks concerned (2 different) would not allow me to add to the balance to show a transaction on the day.

• Like 1

Just now, foreverlomsak said:

True, it's a savings account, have had 3 FD accounts in the past and it was always a problem with IO as the banks concerned (2 different) would not allow me to add to the balance to show a transaction on the day.

As I said before my bank letter from last year shows the updated balance from that day (some money transferred in before I went to Bank to show a transaction) and that is with an FD account.

I will have to wait and see what happens (maybe the bank has changed procedures??) Will report back!

18 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Someone said that getting a Retirement Extension is easy, but I never had any problems with Bank Letters / statements etc etc when I was still on the extension based on Marriage.

The only reason I switched was because I ???? the under consideration period (up to 45 days), but now seriously thinking of switching back.

Will of course report back how everything goes (next week somewhere)

At least here in Chiang Rai it is easy.  I just did my retirement extension last month.  In November I had   Bangkok Bank give me a 11 month statement since it had to come from the main office.  The day of my appointment for my extension I stopped at my local bank branch, updated my bank book, got a statement for the last month and the bank letter.  Since I copies made of my bank book I had my bank make a copy of the last page which showed the update.  I went to immigration and 20 minutes later everything was approved.  Since the immigration office in Chiang Rai is not the main office for the area I needed to return the next day to pickup my passport with my new extension.  No problem for me since it is only a 10 minute drive to the office.

28 minutes ago, statman78 said:

At least here in Chiang Rai it is easy.

Good for you, I hope it's easy. Last year was easy but this year seems they have changed the rules.

Did I mention that they also want copies of my Yellow House Book? (Posted about in another thread)

I am really anxious what happens on the day I go to Immigration next week.

@ubonjoe

Can I change back from Retirement to Marriage?

Thus

Before was Marriage -> changed to Retirement -> going back to Marriage?

Or do I need to get a NEW NON-O to do that?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Previously CW accepted photocopies of bank book pages showing 12 months.

I think it depends, which officer are you dealing with. I had no problems, but ones, and she was a piece of work (i maybe unmatched her on Tinder) i had to come back for 3 days and use my lawyer "connections" to straighten it up... then 2 days later, i had 3 officers appear at my door at 10am to check that i am home and not working. it's a lottery, but i think CW is the most difficult to deal with, maybe because it's really hard to pass an envelope there

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

You do not need to obtain a new non O.

You can change the basis on what the extension is based on.

Back and forth in your example.

With regards money in the bank you would only require the 400k (for marriage);in bank for 2 months prior application.

Personally I would suggest that you follow the rules for retirement right up to day of application.

Meaning 800k 2 months prior.

The reason is that it covers both options and you are covered if there is any issue. (won't be) 

After extension based on marriage is obtained and under consideration period you can use the funds as you wish. 

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

@ubonjoe

Can I change back from Retirement to Marriage?

Thus

Before was Marriage -> changed to Retirement -> going back to Marriage?

You can change back to marriage. No need for a new visa.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

With regards money in the bank you would only require the 400k (for marriage);in bank for 2 months prior application.

Not an issue in my case, money is in the Fixed Account for years, when I went the Marriage route I kept 500K in it, with the Retirement I upped it to 800k+ and it is in there all the time (only add money, the only withdrawal is on the mature date the Tax ???? )

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Back and forth in your example.

What I am going to do is prepare the Docs for the Marriage extension as well, which are KR2 (get it the day before going to Immigration) and Pictures, so in case I run into trouble, I am say, oke I qualify for the Marriage Extension so let's go that way. (I guess they won't like it as it much more work for them :thumbsup:)

Will report back how things go.