Thailand entry requirements cause anger and complaints !

Social Media

3 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Entry requirements were compromised for the Chinese. There was no need to include everyone else, except the Chinese in the new entry requirements.

Lots of people who don't qualify for the new entry requirements have already paid for their trip to Thailand and haven't arrived yet. So now they will have to cancel. 

2 shots doesn't mean a person doesn't have covid now.

It would have been simplier to just require a negative covid test 72 hours before departure for everyone or just the Chinese like most other countries.

A 72 hour test before departure isn't simpler. It's a ballache.

Once the Chinese are in, so are all their variants of covid.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was expected that there would be problems... too short notice and too may people victims.. Why not do it easy... A country with many Covid infections a 48hrs RT PCR test and/ or vaccinations.. Other countries.. no problems... Everybody happy, instead of being afraid of China. This will costs much more tourists as a lot of people now know that they can change the rules day by day..  

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Entry requirements were compromised for the Chinese. There was no need to include everyone else, except the Chinese in the new entry requirements.

Lots of people who don't qualify for the new entry requirements have already paid for their trip to Thailand and haven't arrived yet. So now they will have to cancel. 

2 shots doesn't mean a person doesn't have covid now.

It would have been simplier to just require a negative covid test 72 hours before departure for everyone or just the Chinese like most other countries.

It would have been simpler and more effective to require a test before departure but the Thai government's Beijing masters wouldn't allow that. They have reacted angrily to Western countries that have done that, even travellers to China still need to be tested.

Vaccines certificates to show someone had two shots of Sinovac or Sinopharm in 2021.  Yeah right. A really effective measure. But what do expect from the team that pocketed a ton of cash from importing these snake oil vaccines from China?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

It was expected that there would be problems... too short notice and too may people victims.. Why not do it easy... A country with many Covid infections a 48hrs RT PCR test and/ or vaccinations.. Other countries.. no problems... Everybody happy, instead of being afraid of China. This will costs much more tourists as a lot of people now know that they can change the rules day by day..  

Well, that's what most countries (would) do, but Thailand has a special relationship with China and the Chinese.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Black Ops said:

to alter requirements for tourists traveling to Thailand.

For reference, the new requirements issued by The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand are listed in today's Khmer media (09/01/2023):

Non-Thai passengers who are 18 or older must present documentation confirming they have received two COVID-19 vaccine doses or a doctor’s certificate stating that they have recovered from a COVID-19 infection in the past 180 days..................................................Airlines are required the check the aforementioned documents of their passengers. If any passenger cannot produce the required documents, the airline should not allow them to board the plane.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501215843/passengers-flying-to-thailand-beware-new-rules-for-air-passengers-arriving-in-thailand-announced/

My question is "are these requirements also necessary for tourists crossing into Thailand at a LAND BORDER check point??  For example, a group of foreign back-packers who, having visited Vietnam and Cambodia overland, decide to take a VIP bus from Siem Reap to Bangkok (regular service) crossing into Thailand at Aranyaphratet. Will the Cambodian Bus Company have to check the passengers Covid-19 status?? (I bet they will not as no mention of this at all as reference is to AIR PASSENGERS) 

45 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

These requirements have been cancelled..... think it is just PCR test now but watch this space.

Tests have been scrapped too. Only thing remaining is the insurance:

"You're no longer required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative pre-departure test when entering Thailand.

Passengers travelling to Thailand whose departure may be prevented due to COVID-19 (for example, when leaving Thailand your destination country will require a negative pre-departure test) must also have a travel insurance policy that covers at least US$10,000 of COVID-19 treatment for the duration of your time in Thailand plus 7 days. Passengers holding a Thai passport, or passengers transiting/transferring through Thailand onto another international flight, are exempted from this requirement."

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/coronavirus/international-travel/thailand-flights.html?tabId=th#applying-for-clearance-to-travel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Salerno said:
56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

These requirements have been cancelled..... think it is just PCR test now but watch this space.

Tests have been scrapped too. Only thing remaining is the insurance:

"You're no longer required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative pre-departure test when entering Thailand.

These 24 hrs of "banana-for-brains" brought huge damage to Thai Travel Industry's reputation.

Although I think they just didn't see it coming. 

Poor sods!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NativeBob said:

These 24 hrs of "banana-for-brains" brought huge damage to Thai Travel Industry's reputation.

Poor sods!

Not sure if it sets the record for speed of back flips but must be close.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not sure if it sets the record for speed of back flips but must be close.

Well. I'm glad we didn't bet on "is it the money scheme or sheer lunacy". However you won - ultra fast back-flipping indeed.

And the winner of May Pen Arai goes to ___________

PS: 100,000's tickets and packages were under force majoraux ???? claims, hundreds contracts with locals were cancelled, British Airways almost rerouted flights to Singapore, French ate all frogs and had set Marcel on fire (again, just a bad habbit) and Olaf farted so loud that Annalenna fainted. Rishi Sanook choked on tikka-samosa. 

Yet, May Pen Arai

Edited by NativeBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Poor sods!

They don't see anything coming because  they don't want to see a thing.

Sucks if you just had COVID.  You will test positive for a long long long time.  Best to just hang out and forget Thailand.  As I've written before all this nonsense is not worth it.

If you're vaccinated like I am when will they start testing again at the airport?  They change things for no real reason on a dime.  I go elsewhere now.  When things calm down I'll return.  It's way too early for me.