More changes. Compulsory health insurance now not required

webfact

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

So what about if you don't require a PCR test on return ?

no covid insurance requirement.

It was addressed to Indian travellers to Thailand. India introduced PCR testing before departure for Thailand, because they would like to stop Chinese travellers transiting through Thailand

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Passengers who do not have health insurance coverage will be allowed to board the plane, but Thai officials at health quarantine checkpoints will conduct random checks for health insurance coverage. Passengers who do not have any will be advised, before entering the country, how they can get coverage.

Well this will be interesting as my Thai wife and I will be flying out in February and returning in March. I have been living here permanently for 10 years without any insurance. So my wife will be okay but what will they require me to do.

15 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

What seems to have escaped your understanding is those measures are not related to entry restrictions (as Thailand was trying to do)

If you want to believe distorted media articles that is entirely up to you.

As for knee jerking, you need to broaden your horizons.

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

If you want to believe distorted media articles that is entirely up to you.

As for knee jerking, you need to broaden your horizons.

Ah,so you only agree with those articles which might support your narrative. In any case they’re not opinion piece articles but quoted government sources. 
Your final sentence is incoherent.

2 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

if they find that you don’t have health insurance you are pointed towards the desk that has coverage at 5000% higher rates than any other normal health insurance or you are refused entry!!!

So the restriction has NOT been lifted

Where does it say anything about being REQUIRED to buy, or being refused entry?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All this continues to give me hope that fewer people (aka tourists) will be coming. If they screw up just a few more times maybe most of the world will scratch LOS off their bucket lists. Then I'll have the place to myself, such as it is--all mine! all mine! Living in this madhouse that's all I care about any more, economy be damned.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The science says .............

Largest COVID virus size = 500nm

Mask gap size = 55,000nm

"A recent trial in Bangladesh found that people issued with surgical masks were 11% less likely to be infected with Covid-19. The results suggested cloth masks also reduce risk but the results were not statistically significant."

https://fullfact.org/health/face-masks-covid-holes/

That's an 11% reduction in transmission if everyone wears a surgical mask.

So the question is, would you buy an insurance policy that only paid out on 11% of claims?

I usually agree with most of what you post, but on this one....

The virus size may well be smaller than the gaps in the mask, but the droplets of human snot / saliva / smegma that much of the virus would be encapsulated in would be significantly bigger. Symptoms from COVID seem to me mostly consistent with the initial viral load, so if a mask stops even 10% of that load you'd be better off.

As for the insurance policy, if I could get one that reduced my chance of a serious illness by even 5% that involved me doing not much at all and spending no $$$, then please sign me up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Ah,so you only agree with those articles which might support your narrative. In any case they’re not opinion piece articles but quoted government sources. 
Your final sentence is incoherent.

Compulsory health insurance now not required

A deliberate distortion to imply everyone, which you obviously want to support.

Have to admit the recycled media articles on here are pretty good at winding people up.

There was talk of a 300 Baht fee to be added to plane tickets to cover such scenarios. Sensible idea, too, considering Thailand is the road accident capital of the world.

Many retirees are over 70 which makes medical insurance unobtainable. Govt should have a health plan which covers everybody at reasonable cost.

If they want our bucks, we should be protected...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Regyai said:

I suppose the burning question is

Does anyone in authority in Thailand bear sufficient control of their synapses to exert a scintilla of cogent thought before opening their mouth to spout impulsive proclamations every time their knee jerks?

Ah Thailand. 

Mouths in gear before brains...

Edited by dallen52

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Compulsory health insurance now not required

A deliberate distortion to imply everyone, which you obviously want to support.

Have to admit the recycled media articles on here are pretty good at winding people up.

If you can post something coherent illustrating whatever point you're trying to make then I could respond 

2 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Well this will be interesting as my Thai wife and I will be flying out in February and returning in March. I have been living here permanently for 10 years without any insurance. So my wife will be okay but what will they require me to do.

Well, nothing's mentioned about having to have a Thai translation of any insurance policy, so if it's a concern, just get and print a quote and bluff it !