300 baht fee from foreign tourists beginning of June.

anchadian

According to the B.P. authorities plan to start collecting a 300-baht fee from foreign tourists arriving in the country beginning of June, according to Tourism and Sports Minister.

No link provided

Edited by anchadian

I think it is a good idea in case the money is used wisely. This is not because of the (relatively low) amount per case - unnoticeable for the usual tourist - but because of the amount as a whole. Millions x one  = One x Millions. It is the number of visitors that makes this idea attractive.

It is by far less than my wife spends on the lotterie.

56 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I think it is a good idea in case the money is used wisely. This is not because of the (relatively low) amount per case - unnoticeable for the usual tourist - but because of the amount as a whole. Millions x one  = One x Millions. It is the number of visitors that makes this idea attractive.

It is by far less than my wife spends on the lotterie.

It's also far more than my wife wins on the lottery!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

What do you think, topic good for at least 20 pages of regurgitating the same old whinging and misinformation/misunderstanding that where aired initially?

What better to whinge at than a new tax from the Thai government?  I don't see it going to 20 pages though.

25 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

What better to whinge at than a new tax from the Thai government?  I don't see it going to 20 pages though.

Maybe not, but there's 27 pages worth on the results of a quick search (and we know how reliable the search on here is! - not an Asean Now issue per se, it's the software used) in 6 threads and that was only when it was a proposal.

https://aseannow.com/search/?q="300 baht"&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=18&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles

Could be worse, could be about another 10 Bht raise for taxis at Swampy 555

Edited by Salerno