Bentley driving tycoon: "I wasn't drunk" - it was just 1-2 small glasses of Champers

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The South Bangkok court accepted charges of drunk driving with the court accepting that by refusing a roadside DUI test there was a presumption of drunkenness. 

???? [thumbs up-emoji, which might be slow loading from tvemoji.maxcdn.com]

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

With which he has been charged...

"The South Bangkok court accepted charges of drunk driving..." 

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The real issue here is obviously DUI, but the other major facet which seems to be overlooked is that he was driving like an utter lunatic. 

Is is also being charged with dangerous / reckless driving ?

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Asked about several empty wine bottles in his car he explained that was to do with a girlfriend of a friend who like the look of the empty bottles. 

Huh? While many men in Thailand, who have not been blessed with the ability to mature, as fully developed human beings, will make an excuse, and attempt to obfuscate the truth, this one is beyond believability, and completely lacks any possibility of being real or credible. It is bizarre, at best. He would have been better off just keeping his silly mouth shut. 

Perhaps...  But I doubt he was drinking in his car... 

The excuse of having ‘some’ empty wine bottles in the car seems plausible... i.e. that the GF of a friend wanted them - fair enough.... But that does not mean he [the Bentley driver] had no part in consuming the wine from said wine bottles... 

The vast majority of establishments have CCTV...  I’m not sure where they were drinking, but if its in a public place (i.e. bar or restaurant) it could be established how much he had to drink. 

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Don't they all , he's really taking the mickey ,along the lines , they belong to dead friend ..... 

regards worgeordie

Why not? He even did not remember whether he had 1 or 2 glasses of champagne which will not make anyone even tipsy!????

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In Thailand many accept anything they're told - you know, the old don't ask questions culture taught since early childhood. It's only foreigners like us who ridicule them for spouting such nonsense, which to some Thais is why they don't like us and consider us troublemakers. The above excuse is the standard that a four year old would make up.

The average Thai knows it's B S but they don't talk about  this stuff,Government,corruption etc.for fear of retribution 

• Like 2