Bentley driver charged with drug taking - tycoon was high on meth in expressway smash, say police

webfact

On 1/16/2023 at 7:09 PM, ikke1959 said:

Whatever.... his license revoked for at least 1 year a jail term and very big fine....He is rich enough and doesn't stand above any law... Show that Justitia is blind, instead of having a vault for envelopes

Um, I think you forgot where you are, happens to most of us at times ????

On 1/18/2023 at 1:38 PM, cygan said:

I feel many seem to miss the point with regards to the difference between jail time and no reparation or reparation and negotiated less or no jail time. In my country if a drunk or drugged driver wrote off my vehicle and I only had third party insurance, the driver may well do prison time or not, but I have to cover the cost of my vehicle ( can be between 10-40 thousand dollars) the courts rarely give reparation as it must be requested and then few ever pay it . In this instance there were no serious injuries or death and since the man is able to pay reparation then as a victim I believe it to be fair to let the victims negotiate the reparation against reduced or no prison. Let the courts decide his fine for drugs or drink and of course the optional BIB envelope. Of course both systems are apt to victims losing out as in the Red Bull case as reparation to the wife was exceptionally and disgustingly small and He has not faced court for the drug or drink issue, but then as my friends say he is a slimy weasil with a filthy rat for a mother.

In my country you must have a liability insurance before you can use your car. So I believe his insurance company would pay for third parts damage and in cases like this they might make recourse to the driver since he was under the influence and not allowed to drive.
If the driver did not have a liability insurance it will be a more serious case for the court. He might loose whatever he has to pay for the damages.