TM30 after several hotel stays

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

A TM30 is not required when traveling within the country.

I have different experiences, but I know Chiang Mai works different some times. My last 90 days report was rejected for the following reason

Contact immigration to update the (TM30) accommodation notification to date. The last declaration of accommodation at Piya Guest House Mae Hong Son not Chiang Mai.

unquote

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Doesn't matter if the hotels do TM30 or not.

You are not changing your address.

Do nothing. 

Yes... do nothing... then when you try to do your 90 day report you will get a notice that it is being rejected... Contact immigration to update the (TM30) accommodation notification to date. The last declaration of accommodation at _________________  not Chiang Mai.

55 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

I have different experiences, but I know Chiang Mai works different some times. My last 90 days report was rejected for the following reason

Contact immigration to update the (TM30) accommodation notification to date. The last declaration of accommodation at Piya Guest House Mae Hong Son not Chiang Mai.

unquote

Not sure why they did that...and hopefully won't do it again. I was in Europe for almost 3 months this summer. When I returned home in Chiang Mai in October, I updated my TM30. Had a weeklong road trip through northern Thailand on my motorcycle in early December and then spent Christmas/NYE in Pattaya and Bangkok. Did my 90-day report (based on my October return to LOS) earlier this month with no problems. The guy in the box looked at my TM30 and actually gave me a thumbs-up gesture and didn't say a word about not having a TM6.

49 minutes ago, Satcommlee said:

Technically you should but common sense has prevailed since the fiasco a few years ago.

No. A TM30 should not be required.

Why "technically you should.,." 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Satcommlee said:

Technically you should but common sense has prevailed since the fiasco a few years ago.

Did you miss the police order ?

2.2 After the house holder, owner or possessor of the premise of hotel

manager has reported as defined in Article 2.1, the same alien has left the premise and returned for another stay within the valid period, the house holder, owner or possessor of the premise of hotel manager do not need to make another report;

• Like 1

I've been renting the same place for 6 years in Samut Prakan. In 90 day reporting twice been asked for the rental agreement, once they called the owner to confirm I actually live there. Last 90 day report they looped out loudly and at some length about me not showing a TM30 and that it's always been required. After negotiation my address notification form has now been stamped with "must show TM30" at the start of April

What exactly do I need to show? Is it a screen print or is there an actual report that needs to be printed.   My owner is friendly but not tech savvy.

11 minutes ago, turgid said:

What exactly do I need to show? Is it a screen print or is there an actual report that needs to be printed.

Ask the owner to file a TM30 and take screenshot of that for you to show immigration.

There is a recent thread regarding that rubbish office and their requirement to show a TM30 after travel etc. 

Sadly seems people have to put up with this at that office. 

Travelled domestically10 times during COVID times (any many more since 2011) to different hotels and never done TM30.

No complaints at immigration/90 day report.

First time was after border run to Laos and applying for Non-O at immigration.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

And I will leave this forum because of your, Prof Dr Jack 54, endless, permanent and educational comments. I know what is needed to be done where I live, and will manage nicely without you. 

Read the posted rules by others. 

I'm just posting immigration rules.

By all means take your bat and ball home. 

In fact the law posted just prior to your post by @DodgerRodger

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

And I will leave this forum because of your, Prof Dr Jack 54, endless, permanent and educational comments. I know what is needed to be done where I live, and will manage nicely without you. 

But he's right for most people here, if your office don't follow their own rules thats not his fault

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I ignore pretty much anything to do with CM.

Rogue office imo..

I won't post related threads of CM still insisting on TM30 when folk return from international travel to their normal place of residence having reentered with reentry permit. 

CM still want a TM30. 

There are threads specifically on CM and TM30 nonsense requests. 

Hat Yai is another one that gets all bent out of shape regards TM30s. It’s childish and annoying. 

10 hours ago, DodgerRodger said:

The relevant official document is a police order (attached) issued 2020

TM30ReportingRegulation.pdf 41.16 kB · 12 downloads

Thanks.  I'll take it I only have to re-register if I move.  But I'll ask at immigration when I get my single entry to confirm.   This is great news.  I had to re-register 2x within 3 weeks in 2019.

18 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

Do you have to fill out a TM30 if you leave the country and return.  I have read it is not necessary, only one time when you move only but I can't confirm this with anyone "official".

The correct answer is NO. However as both the TM30 & TM47 are administered by each local office, the actual situation is MAYBE, I can only speak definitively for Udon's position and it is a NO

CM is known to be not following the guidelines so they’re probably yes.

the rules are posted both by me and @rodgerdodger but they are sufficiently vaguely written so technically both Udon and CM could be seen to be correct. The local interpretation comes fro the highlighted words under

2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again.

I have not seen anything that defines the length of the “notified period of stay” it maybe unpublished.

11 hours ago, paddyfield7 said:

@paddyfield7 nobody is forcing you to stay, more are you forced to read messages by people you don’t like. Just go to 

1 hour ago, LivingNThailand said:

Thanks.  I'll take it I only have to re-register if I move.  But I'll ask at immigration when I get my single entry to confirm.   This is great news.  I had to re-register 2x within 3 weeks in 2019.

Asking your immigration office when convenient is usually the best idea, though if you mention the office you use you may get someone who knows the answer for your office as well as the immigration rules.

53 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Asking your immigration office when convenient is usually the best idea, though if you mention the office you use you may get someone who knows the answer for your office as well as the immigration rules.

Phuket.  There is a Phuket Immigration Volunteer website that I have emailed to confirm, but no answer.  It's no rush for me but a few of my neighbors are panicking thinking they are in violation.  I think the best idea is to ask when you get your single entry, that way the answer is "fresh". 

Thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I have not seen anything that defines the length of the “notified period of stay” it maybe unpublished.

I noticed that too.  It's an opening.  I think....don't assume.... that Phuket immigration is so busy they don't want to be bothered.  But again, if they are having a bad day or you aren't respectful you never know, do you.

2 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

I noticed that too.  It's an opening.  I think....don't assume.... that Phuket immigration is so busy they don't want to be bothered.  But again, if they are having a bad day or you aren't respectful you never know, do you.

Happy to stand corrected.

Thinking "notified period of stay" in the context of rule 2.2 refers to your permission of stay stamp.

Not to be confused with " notification of address" (90 day report) 

So when someone exits Thailand and returns with reentry stamp their "notified period of stay" is protected and they do not need to file a TM30 if returning to their usual address. 

On the other hand if they returned on a new visa or visa exempt then they would need to file a TM30 even if returning to usual place of residence.

There is no confusion with the intention of the change in rules June 2020.

It was to do away with the need to file a TM30 for any trip out of province and also international travel for those expats living in Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

On the other hand if they returned on a new visa or visa exempt then they would need to file a TM30 even if returning to usual place of residence.

That's what I thought, but I hate to assume anything.   

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It was to do away with the need to file a TM30 for any trip out of province and also international travel for those expats living in Thailand. 

Very good news indeed.  The old rule was not well liked, was it?

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Happy to stand corrected.

Thinking "notified period of stay" in the context of rule 2.2 refers to your permission of stay stamp.

Not to be confused with " notification of address" (90 day report) 

So when someone exits Thailand and returns with reentry stamp their "notified period of stay" is protected and they do not need to file a TM30 if returning to their usual address. 

While your thinking could be the intention for the "notified period of stay" as I understand what Udon office practice is that any return to the usual address is covered by the original TM30.

Also I have returned from overseas 27 days after my permission to stay expired but within the under consideration period and re-entry permit, so there is certainly room for interpretation as to the  "notified period of stay".

I cannot be sure as there have been no reports of people who have filled a TM30 being required to file another one and no consistent reports of people being fined for falling to file AFAIR no fines at all.

Of course this is only relevant to the practice at Udon office but from what I’ve read on the subject in TV it holds true for many offices. As usual TIT YMMV

Edited by sometimewoodworker