90 day report / TM30 arrived back on Re-entry Permit

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

How do you miss a report while out of the country. 

None would be required. 

You're not in Country to file it on the due date, but the online system doesn't know that!
The exit/entry system isn't linked to the 90-day report system, separate systems.

Some friends who regularly go in and out, and I tried an experiment last year regarding the online 90-day system.

If you're out of Country between 90 day reports, on re-entry you can submit your report on the expected due date, but if you count 90 days from reentry and try to submit it will be rejected, and you have to submit in person for Immigration to reset the report date.

My advice too @Gee Bangkok is just to submit it on the date given from the previous report.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

My advice too @Gee Bangkok is just to submit it on the date given from the previous report

Nup. Best to ignore the reminder email.

Ignore any existing due date. 

Start your clock on reentry.

75 days + later do your online report.

You need to change the "date of entry field" 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Nup. Best to ignore the reminder email.

Ignore any existing due date. 

Start your clock on reentry.

75 days + later do your online report.

You need to change the "date of entry field" 

Try that @Gee Bangkok, and please do report back.
Two friends did exactly that and ended up reporting in person.

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

You're not in Country to file it on the due date, but the online system doesn't know that!
The exit/entry system isn't linked to the 90-day report system, separate systems.

Some friends who regularly go in and out, and I tried an experiment last year regarding the online 90-day system.

If you're out of Country between 90 day reports, on re-entry you can submit your report on the expected due date, but if you count 90 days from reentry and try to submit it will be rejected, and you have to submit in person for Immigration to reset the report date.

My advice too @Gee Bangkok is just to submit it on the date given from the previous report.

That wasn't my experience. My email reminder from the previous 90-day report was of course out of sync with the new entry. Just ignored the email and did it according to the entry date. That was approved without problem (Bangkok). Which also reset the email by the way.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

That wasn't my experience. My email reminder from the previous 90-day report was of course out of sync with the new entry. Just ignored the email and did it according to the entry date

And that's exactly what you should do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

That wasn't my experience. My email reminder from the previous 90-day report was of course out of sync with the new entry. Just ignored the email and did it according to the entry date. That was approved without problem (Bangkok). Which also reset the email by the way.

Thanks, that proves another theory that each IO sets its own requirement.

In the case of our experiment, the two who followed your example were told by the IO that they had to check their entry stamp date before resetting the 90-day clock, hence having to report in person.

• Haha 1

Okay, I’m leaving next month and returning a day after my original 90 report would be due. I understand now that it will be reset from the New date of entry, but still confused on the TM30. Will I have or need to do one once I return back home here. Same address, but I have received conflicting reports for Jomtien immigration. I have my re entry stamp so that’s when I asked a immigration officer and he said I do have to file the TM30 once I return??? Confused. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

13 hours ago, Gee Bangkok said:

So I will get the email remember from Immigration? 

You will get email reminder only if you do your 90 day report via the online system, therefore you will not receive an email remainder on your first 90 day report. I.e. you must be registered in the system and have performed last 90 day report via the online system.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Try that @Gee Bangkok, and please do report back.
Two friends did exactly that and ended up reporting in person.

I left Thailand on 18 October and returned 28 October for an overseas trip on a single re-entry permit, upon my return I received an email reminder, that said 90 day due on 23 November, I didn't renew it as I new the clock on 90 days started again when I re-entered on 28 October so I did it on 11 January I believe and it gave me till 30 January and I am assuming it did that because my Marriage extension expired on 31 January and is currently under consideration.

So it worked for me, next thing to look out for, for me is to see what happens on 30 January when I try again, if it doesn't work, I don't think I will need to do anything as immigration office knows that I have my extension application in with them and have to get the stamp in my passport at their office on 1 March, so if it doesn't happen on 30 January, I will get them to issue me another 90 days on 1 March when I get the stamp in my passport.

It could be that your friends didn't enter the new entry day in the system when they applied for their 90 days ? 

29 minutes ago, jcmj said:

I have my re entry stamp so that’s when I asked a immigration officer and he said I do have to file the TM30 once I return??? Confused. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

I can only comments from a married farang point of view on this, i.e. if your married to a Thai and she is the holder of the blue book at the address that you are staying at, then she is the one that has to file the TM30, not you.

The above said, not sure about the single chaps, also learning as I read.

EDIT: Some immigration offices are relaxed about this, so some farangs have said their wives don't have too at their immigration office.

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, jcmj said:

Same address, but I have received conflicting reports for Jomtien immigration. I have my re entry stamp so that’s when I asked a immigration officer and he said I do have to file the TM30 once I return???

The rules regarding TM30 requirements were changed think about June 2020.

In your situation returning with a reentry permit to your usual place of residence a TM30 would NOT be retired.

Nor would it when you are in another province and stay at various hotels.

This is all explained in a pinned topic 

Sadly some immigration offices do their own thing and continue with previous practices. 

Not sure about Jomtien, however they have a track record. 

• Like 1

In your situation returning with a reentry permit to your usual place of residence a TM30 would NOT be retired.

Sadly some immigration offices do their own thing and continue with previous practices. 

Korat immigration same same, i was recently required to submit a new TM 30 despite me saying according to the new rules it was'nt required TIT lol

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Korat immigration same same, i was recently required to submit a new TM 30 despite me saying according to the new rules it was'nt required TIT lol

This exact topic was covered recently and had the same type of posts to yours. 

It's clear that some immigration offices have decided not to abide by the new rules (June 2020) .

It's difficult to understand the motivation for not doing so. 

Here is a thread regarding new rules and posted re Chiang Mai.

Strange thing is I think that CM immigration is one of the rogue offices that continue to insist on TM30 being filed when returning to your usual place a residence. 

Now can add Korat to that list.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The nonsense of to continue doing reports online even while not in Thailand is ridiculous. 

I never stated such, your comprehension to understand what's written is lacking.

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Of course you need to change your "entry date" in the online form. 

They did that, but perhaps the IO didn't trust those dates and wanted to physically see the entry stamps.

59 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This exact topic was covered recently and had the same type of posts to yours. 

It's clear that some immigration offices have decided not to abide by the new rules (June 2020) .

It's difficult to understand the motivation for not doing so. 

It's strange to understand Jack that you accept certain Immigration offices conform to what is expected, whilst others don't regarding the TM 30, yet you fail to accept there may be a difference between IO accepting online 90 day reports when you've been out of Country.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I can only comments from a married farang point of view on this, i.e. if your married to a Thai and she is the holder of the blue book at the address that you are staying at, then she is the one that has to file the TM30, not you.

The owner, the tenant, or the possessor in any capacity whatsoever can file a TM30.

4 hours ago, Soondae said:

You will get email reminder only if you do your 90 day report via the online system, therefore you will not receive an email remainder on your first 90 day report. I.e. you must be registered in the system and have performed last 90 day report via the online system.

That seems to be the case. After returning from overseas in August I submitted an online 90-day in October. It was accepted, but remained pending for a week without approval. In the end I reported in person and was given a new 90-day for 30th January, so I should have had an email this week, but have not. I will try online next week and see what happens. I suspect the local office, whether through ignorance or willfully, is not cooperating with the online system.

34 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

The owner, the tenant, or the possessor in any capacity whatsoever can file a TM30.

I believe you mean the lessor, as opposed to the tenant, i.e. the lessor is the landlord, on the other hand, possessor is the same as the tenant, however I haven't seen anything in writing stating that the possessor/tenant can lodge a TM30, i.e. unless I am assume that an immigration office has asked  for one from the tenant due to a reluctant owner, or lessor not willing to submit one, and of course could follow with a fine for the possessor/tenant if lodgement of a TM30 is late, which of course would be unfair, but it is what it is and would solve immigrations problem without them having to take any further action on who really is to blame for not complying, i.e. the owner or lessor.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I suggest people print those changed rules out in English and Thai and highlight the right passages. I did last time I did an extension and they wanted to see a TM30. One officer said those rule changes did not apply, one accepted them! Pathetic some of them cannot keep up to date years after their own rules changes