Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'd also prefer it if the solution to the problem wasn't to use child slaves to mine for cobalt for the batteries in electric cars, but maybe that's just because I am a child slave denier...

So would I, I would also prefer if child labour was not used in the oil industry, or palm oil production, clothing, shoes, carpets, agriculture its a long list, happy to hear you don't deny it.

You forgot cocoa. Are you a chocolate freak?

• Like 1

Just now, James105 said:

ok so you didn't like that link (the content of which came from an amnesty international report) and chose to discredit the author rather than reading it.    Here is the same report which comes from amnesty international.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2016/01/child-labour-behind-smart-phone-and-electric-car-batteries/

So.. are you a child slave labour supporter or a denier?   

No doubt you will now call into question who funds amnesty international rather than addressing the contents of that report.   I'm sure that one or more of the 10 million individuals that contribute funds to them is an unsavoury character you can deflect onto as this seems to be your MO.  

Actually, the industry is moving away from cobalt in batteries. Some EV batteries don't need it at all anymore and others have reduced its use. . Also, cobalt was mined before it became useful for lithium batteries and I didn't notice right wingers weeping then. And apparently you can't shed a tear for the tens of milions experiencing various disasters due to climate change.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'd also prefer it if the solution to the problem wasn't to use child slaves to mine for cobalt for the batteries in electric cars, but maybe that's just because I am a child slave denier...

So would I, I would also prefer if child labour was not used in the oil industry, or palm oil production, clothing, shoes, carpets, agriculture its a long list, happy to hear you don't deny it.

The finest bit of whataboutery I have seen yet!  Congrats!   

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

No doubt you will now call into question who funds amnesty international rather than addressing the contents of that report.   I'm sure that one or more of the 10 million individuals that contribute funds to them is an unsavoury character you can deflect onto as this seems to be your MO.  

If it were a question of one unsavory character you might have a point.

Donors to the institute included the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation, Microsoft, General Motors, Comcast, Reynolds American, Philip Morris, Amgen, Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer and Eli Lilly, liquor companies, and an anonymous donor who had given $13 million over the past five years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartland_Institute#:~:text=Donors to the institute included,over the past five years.

What don't you understand about the fact that this institute used fake research to deny the effects of second hand smoke before it got into the global warming gig. And as I pointed out, when research they sponsored gave them an answer they didn't like, they just dropped it like a hot potato.

• Like 1

The main problem is, most people live so distant from Nature, and just cant understand how important for status Q, that the biodiversity we grew up with, is essential for the clima we had! 

Now 50 years later or 70, we still exploit critical  important biomasses and ruin important natural structures.

Most people live in cities, have everything they need, and do not need to worry about anything in the world, except leftish and liberal media ruin there comfort in their daily life. 

Though life

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, James105 said:

ok so you didn't like that link (the content of which came from an amnesty international report) and chose to discredit the author rather than reading it.    Here is the same report which comes from amnesty international.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2016/01/child-labour-behind-smart-phone-and-electric-car-batteries/

So.. are you a child slave labour supporter or a denier?   

Child labour in smart phones to, how old is  the one you have currently? Apparently that's not whataboutery for you.................

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Where did I say she was removed unlawfully?

Can you please back that erroneous statement up?

You said peaceful protest, and I take that as a person assume it would be lawful. If they then remove her, that would be wrong, right? What do you call that then?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's also your right to engage in self-contradictory thinking as evidenced by your comment about Martin Luther King. Let me remind you what you said, since you seem to have forgotten how you described that renowned trouble maker.

You´re a funny guy! ????

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Is that all you've got? That it's your right? What's that got to do with the validity of what you say? It's also a member's right also to claim that the moon is made of green chase. Do you think that claiming it's one's right to say such things constitutes any kind of defense.

And of course, it's the right of any member of aseannow.com to point out how baseless your comments are. That should go without saying. As should your irrelevant defense of your comment.

As should all the time you lose, spending time on baseless comments.

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

You said peaceful protest, and I take that as a person assume it would be lawful. If they then remove her, that would be wrong, right? What do you call that then?

The protest was peaceful and that is all I said.

You mentioned law enforcements actions not me.

Please post a link proving the protest was anything but lawful if you are going to comment on such issues. 

However as I say, at no point did I comment on the legality of the removal of the protesters. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

The protest was peaceful and that is all I said.

You mentioned law enforcements actions not me.

Please post a link proving the protest was anything but lawful if you are going to comment on such issues. 

However as I say, at no point did I comment on the legality of the removal of the protesters. 

So, where did I say that you did so?

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, so then you are saying that she was detained and removed unlawfully? Can you please show me where you can back up that.

For your information, there is different rules and laws concerning democracy depending on which country you are in. I think they acted according to the law, which is why she is a trouble maker.

5 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

So, where did I say that you did so

• Like 1

Greta Thunberg in Davos: It's absurd we listen to those causing climate crisis

To open the discussion, Thunberg told the audience it is 'absurd' that in Davos 'we are listening to the people who are mainly causing the climate crisis, rather than those on the frontline'. She explained: 'We are being bombarded by messages by these people, those responsible for the destruction of the planet.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2023/jan/19/greta-thunberg-in-davos-its-absurd-we-listen-to-those-causing-climate-crisis

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

image.png.34481b0806018e553dd627d4a2573af3.png

As you can see I am not saying that you did. It´s formed as a question. It would have been very simple for you to just post that you did not mean it that way, instead of accusing me for something I still did not do. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

As you can see I am not saying that you did. It´s formed as a question. It would have been very simple for you to just post that you did not mean it that way, instead of accusing me for something I still did not do. 

Please. You then asked him to show where he could back it up. If your question was a genuine one, and not merely rhetorical, it would make no sense to ask him where he could back it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

No, you made the claim and I did point out that your claim was erroneous.

In fact I asked you to back it up and you failed to do so. 

Now enough of your deflections. 

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Greta Thunberg in Davos: It's absurd we listen to those causing climate crisis

To open the discussion, Thunberg told the audience it is 'absurd' that in Davos 'we are listening to the people who are mainly causing the climate crisis, rather than those on the frontline'. She explained: 'We are being bombarded by messages by these people, those responsible for the destruction of the planet.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2023/jan/19/greta-thunberg-in-davos-its-absurd-we-listen-to-those-causing-climate-crisis

It is a big difference between what we should do, and what we can do! We can not stop the money machine, and crush all peoples hope and dreams, or weaken our united forced that still keeps the power on our side for now! 

What we should have done, bring everyone back to their districts, start producing local food and necessary things, cut consuming things we do not need, and back to radio broadcasting, theatre, books, local music as collective entertainment. Only sail ship travels and, No more air flights for holidays, space travels, satellites, international team sports except the main big sports as soccer, boxing, chess, and original olympic sports without modern technology. 

Save natural forrest and cultivate landscapes back to original form for the biodiversity. 

But we know that is not possible, so those who make money today, will be the leading force through the clima crises to! 

We are doomed in a evil circle! 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

It is a big difference between what we should do, and what we can do! We can not stop the money machine, and crush all peoples hope and dreams, or weaken our united forced that still keeps the power on our side for now! 

What we should have done, bring everyone back to their districts, start producing local food and necessary things, cut consuming things we do not need, and back to radio broadcasting, theatre, books, local music as collective entertainment. Only sail ship travels and, No more air flights for holidays, space travels, satellites, international team sports except the main big sports as soccer, boxing, chess, and original olympic sports without modern technology. 

Save natural forrest and cultivate landscapes back to original form for the biodiversity. 

But we know that is not possible, so those who make money today, will be the leading force through the clima crises to! 

We are doomed in a evil circle! 

I'd add to that, ban all private vehicles (except bicycles), require all workers to live within 10Km of their place of work, and allow households to only have a maximum of 1 spare bedroom.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd add to that, ban all private vehicles (except bicycles), require all workers to live within 10Km of their place of work, and allow households to only have a maximum of 1 spare bedroom.

I don’t drive, never learned. 

Walk to work each day, as have chosen to live close to the work place. 

Live in a 1 bedroom flat. 

So all good by me. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

The venomous pack of hissing and smiling hyenas on the attack at Davos, they look so proud of themselves as they continue their onslaught on GT

Nothing could be more asinine than suggesting climate change activists are hypocritical for using fossil fuels.

Maybe they should ask these people why they are activists instead. They might learn something instead of just pocketing money from the fossil fuel industry to be paid creeps.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No, you made the claim and I did point out that your claim was erroneous.

In fact I asked you to back it up and you failed to do so. 

Now enough of your deflections. 

I have given you evidence of that it was formed as a question. It is you, that are deflecting that fact. However, if you are amused, go on!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

Please. You then asked him to show where he could back it up. If your question was a genuine one, and not merely rhetorical, it would make no sense to ask him where he could back it up.

The following question, was in case of the first one was answered to need such back up. And, please! Are you his mate and protector?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nothing could be more asinine than suggesting climate change activists are hypocritical for using fossil fuels.

Most well informed climate activists would quickly counter the fossil fuel bait.

A video where Greta Thunberg faces right-wing journalists and questions that include her arrest in Germany. Giggles included.