Greta Thunberg detained at German coal protest

Scott

Just now, transam said:

Here ya go, GT is a pain in the butt in Germany, her actions did nothing but cause a problem....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64321652

Generally, protests are a pain in the butt to somebody. If not, those in power could just ignore them. Gandhi, Martin Luther KIng, Lech Walesa were all pains in the butt.  This has nothing to do with the personal insults you've directed at her.

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes correct they did not donate it, could Greta have done that? Her cause in setting up a foundation to promote climate change? Oh she did...........

Yes, but she won the prize money BEFORE she set up her charity and she couldn't donate the money to a charity that didn't exist 

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but she won the prize money BEFORE she set up her charity and she couldn't donate the money to a charity that didn't exist 

She could donate to any climate change charity she wanted to further her cause, stop the nonsense

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

She could donate to any climate change charity she wanted to further her cause, stop the nonsense

Do stop being so condescending  , its rude .

My replay also wasn't nonsense because I agree with you that she could have donated the money to any charity she wanted , my point  was that she couldn't keep the money for herself for her personal use and so she had to donate the prize money 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Do stop being so condescending  , its rude .

My replay also wasn't nonsense because I agree with you that she could have donated the money to any charity she wanted , my point  was that she couldn't keep the money for herself for her personal use and so she had to donate the prize money 

No your clear point is in your post when you claimed it. As much as you try to walk back its not working

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No your clear point is in your post when you claimed it. As much as you try to walk back its not working

My point was that she wasn't able to keep the money for her own personal use and that is why she donated the money .

Now, I haven't changed my mind about that or tried to walk back from that 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

My point was that she wasn't able to keep the money for her own personal use and that is why she donated the money .

Now, I haven't changed my mind about that or tried to walk back from that 

I'll leave you to it now.........she did not have to donate the money as you claimed.

image.png.a22343e2ba1bf4ee7b65854d8020fdb6.png

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The boat on which she sailed to America, a modern racing yacht, was largely built from, and had rigging and sales made out of, various carbon fibre materials. As such it had a massive "carbon footprint" before it went into the water!

What is more, a ferry crew had to be flown from Europe to New York to bring it back.

Using carbon in a way that doesn't turn it into greenhouse gases it is exactly the opposite of what is meant by a 'carbon footprint"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Not meant to be this cold though according to the hysterical climate changers.

Nonsense. Stop making things up. Or provide some proof:

From the landing page of the World News Forum

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Nonsense. Stop making things up. Or provide some proof:

From the landing page of the World News Forum

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

It's up to the doom forecasters to explain how it's so cold when they have been telling us for 25 years that it's getting warmer. Even if it was it's next to nothing to do with fossil fuels, so Greta would be better occupied lining her pencils up. She needs understanding and therapy.

1 minute ago, proton said:

It's up to the doom forecasters to explain how it's so cold when they have been telling us for 25 years that it's getting warmer. Even if it was it's next to nothing to do with fossil fuels, so Greta would be better occupied lining her pencils up. She needs understanding and therapy.

You clearly are having a problem with pronouns. In this case the pronoun in question is "it". "It" is so cold now because of variations in weather. On the other hand, on average "It" is getting warmer. The warm days are increasingly outweighing the cold days. In the United States for example:

Daily Heat Records Rising

• In the 2010s, 96% of 247 locations set more heat records than cold records. A century prior, during the 1910s, 54% of locations set more heat records than cold records. 

• From January 2020 through November 2022, 91% of 245 locations had more record heat than record cold. 

• Over the same period, 25 locations across the U.S. only set records for heat (none for cold). Tampa, Fla. had the greatest imbalance (setting 76 heat records and no cold records)—followed by Miami, Fla. (52 heat records), Phoenix, Ariz. (47), Reno, Nev. (45), and San Francisco, Calif. (36). 

https://www.climatecentral.org/climate-matters/daily-heat-records-rising-2022

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Ah, so She set up her charity in 2019 and paid half the 1 Million prize money into her own charity account in her own name  ?

What does it matter where she put the money? What matters is how she spent it. You have any evidence that it was misspent? If so, can you share a link to that info?

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What does it matter where she put the money? What matters is how she spent it. You have any evidence that it was misspent? If so, can you share a link to that info?

I didn't suggest that it has been misspent and I don't know what she has spent the money on 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Wasn't it seven Sailors who had to fly from France to USA to be able to bring the boat back ?

No, a total of 4 people 4 flights.

The boat was a zero emissions sail boat, has solar panels and underwater turbines that generate electricity onboard. 

This from the fossil fuel industry who are heavily bias but on this point had to admit:

Greta’s showy sea voyage, while generating C02 through the flights of the very people who sailed her to New York, is having an effect in spurring people to abandon or at least reduce the number of miles they choose to travel by air. In the end, we suspect that the four flights generated by her trip to the US have been more than offset by shamed people who have since forgone flying. Some may still see this as an act of hypocrisy, but the resulting math still comes out ahead in favor of reduced C02 generation.

& this is their conclusion despite their many criticisms of her:

"While Greta’s carbon footprint isn’t as small as she’d like due to her extensive travels, her carbon footprint is likely smaller than most."

https://oilprice.com/The-Environment/Global-Warming/Greta-Thunbergs-Not-So-Little-Carbon-Footprint.html

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Do you have evidence showing it wasn't...?

• Thanks 1