“No new visas for Chinese citizens applying in Phuket” – visa agent

snoop1130

Pattaya has always been a place where things can be done, although the above article calls everything 'a visa' which I find confusing. 

It took a while but I think I got the terminology sorted, a Visa you get outside Thailand ( a few exceptions)... the usual route is people coming in on Visa exempt or Tourist Visa, which gets converted into a Non-Imm-O ' entry'.... (permission of stay)... which can then be Extended domestically for 12 months based on retirement. Not sure which step Phuket is refusing to do, nor why Pattaya can do it, and they cannot! It could even be simple single Extensions of 30 days on their TV/Exempt entries that Phuket is swamped with. 

I also thought the retirement extensions had to be done where you resided!

Edited by jacko45k

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

people applying for new Retirement visas must now go to to Pattaya Immigration for photograph and proof of funds – they can’t currently be processed in Phuket.

Meanwhile, 80 immigration police officers in Thailand, including 3 Thai generals, are facing disciplinary and criminal charges

I may have an idea where those 80 Immi Offs were stationed...

"They also confirmed that people applying for new Retirement visas must now go to to Pattaya Immigration for photograph and proof of funds"

Why Pattaya, i wonder? I thought the HQ for immigration was in Bangkok?

Plus if you reside in Phuket (TM30) how can the paperwork done elsewhere?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

I may have an idea where those 80 Immi Offs were stationed...

The 3 generals in the story are based at Khon Kaen and Chiang Mai, report today's Bangkok Post. 3325 Chinese nationals had visas approved between 2020 and 2022 at a cost of 100,000 to 300,000 Baht per non-immigrant visa.

Not everyone struggled financially during Covid, it seems.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

"They also confirmed that people applying for new Retirement visas must now go to to Pattaya Immigration for photograph and proof of funds"

Why Pattaya, i wonder? I thought the HQ for immigration was in Bangkok?

Plus if you reside in Phuket (TM30) how can the paperwork done elsewhere?

Groan. There's always someone who picks holes in Immigation orders........:smile:

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2023 at 7:06 PM, snoop1130 said:

80 immigration police officers in Thailand, including 3 Thai generals, are facing disciplinary and criminal charges for allegedly extending visas for Chinese nationals involved in illegal businesses in exchange for financial gain.

500 baht fine and start again next week.