Pattaya is a big mess

1happykamper

On 1/31/2023 at 9:07 PM, Celsius said:

It seems to me like Farang likes corruption only when it benefits him, but when he tries to live like a Thai in Thailand it becomes a bit of an inconvenience. Aww.... poor you nepo baby. The airport is close by.

Live like a Thai? Thais are quick to offer teamoney...more than farang in my experience

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

Changed my old paper based lifetime licenses to plastic cards at DLT in Bkk, in and out within 15 minutes, great service/focused/polite/helpful/plenty of English.

Still lifetime duration or you are now on the regular 5 years (and the points) system?

On 2/1/2023 at 4:03 PM, BigStar said:

Why? Nothing I can't handle. I, and others, like Pattaya for a number of good reasons that've been discussed ad nauseam. In fact, it's just another fine day to be here.????

"Herd" begs the question, merely troll rhetoric.

it's just a pity there's so many thiefs and cheats amongst them

Edited by steven100

12 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Not taking that bait. Are you done?

It's not bait.  You claimed Thai's put up with more than farang.  I asked for an example from you and you now hide behind deflection.

Give an example, or admit it was a false claim. 

Posts that were only quoting other members posts or altered the quoted content have been removed:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's not bait.  You claimed Thai's put up with more than farang.  I asked for an example from you and you now hide behind deflection.

Give an example, or admit it was a false claim. 

No. Not wasting time in another Leaver Loop.

• Like 1

The truly fascinating part of this, is that they go on and on about wanting more tourists, and wealthy expats, yet they do absolutely nothing to improve the place, on any level. Whether it is expanding services to accommodate increased needs, addressing air quality, traffic safety, scammers, etc. Nothing is being done and Thailand continues to move backwards. 

This is why their silly fantasies will never be achieved. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The truly fascinating part of this, is that they go on and on about wanting more tourists, and wealthy expats, yet they do absolutely nothing to improve the place, on any level. Whether it is expanding services to accommodate increased needs, addressing air quality, traffic safety, scammers, etc. Nothing is being done and Thailand continues to move backwards. 

This is why their silly fantasies will never be achieved. 

Thailand is all about money coming in, for the absolute least expense,. 

When higher end tourists detour Thailand, they fill the void with cheap package holiday makers from developing nations, which continues to create the appearance of a successful tourism industry, by the numbers, but all it really does is devalue the Thailand brand.  This was happening way before covid.  

I don't see this trend changing going forward. 

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Thailand is all about money coming in, for the absolute least expense,. 

When higher end tourists detour Thailand, they fill the void with cheap package holiday makers from developing nations, which continues to create the appearance of a successful tourism industry, by the numbers, but all it really does is devalue the Thailand brand.  This was happening way before covid.  

I don't see this trend changing going forward. 

Correct. Every wealthy friend I know who has visited Thailand, have not returned. The desire to attract them is utterly hopeless. Maybe a few thousand a year. Maybe. 

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Fail.

You don't have one single example to illustrate your claim. 

Such a sweeping claim, yet not one single example. 

It goes to credibility. 

Be comforted that the members must appreciate these utterly predictable cries of pain when you're deprived of the attention rub you imagine you're owed. You'll get over it: the supply of mugs here is endless.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Correct. Every wealthy friend I know who has visited Thailand, have not returned. The desire to attract them is utterly hopeless. Maybe a few thousand a year. Maybe. 

Sshhhh. Don't tell the Muppets at TAT as they're bound to be dreaming up more hi wealth tourist no a hope in hell schemes...

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are many nice resorts and hotels, all across Thailand.  The problem is, when a tourist steps outside of their resort, they are in 3rd World Thailand, which is made worse by the rampant corruption here.  These nice resorts are in the middle of outdated, unmaintained, or non existent infrastructure.

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

Be comforted that the members must appreciate these utterly predictable cries of pain when you're deprived of the attention rub you imagine you're owed. You'll get over it: the supply of mugs here is endless.

Yawn.

As usual, you play the poster, not the post. 

Just your usual defection. 

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

if they want a synthetic resort experience and not see the real Thailand just go to Dubai and stop moaning

The "real Thailand" is not depicted in the glossy brochures, hence, many high end tourists are disappointed, and do not return, and no doubt tell of the "real Thailand" by word of mouth and on social media. 

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

if they want a synthetic resort experience and not see the real Thailand just go to Dubai and stop moaning

I was chatting to a UK couple in a Pattaya hotel... both sunburnt to a crisp. On my way back from breakfast the next day, there they were setting up by the pool on 'their' loungers. Now I have no idea what they got up to in the evenings but I got a sense of anywhere will do, providing it is sunny. 

Wish these Westerners wouldn't bring their unattractive fat wives here though, lowers the tone of Pattaya!

• Haha 2