Lazada Returns -It appears that the rules are getting stricter

Delight

I received a pair of shoes -from Lazada.

Opened the package -decided that I did not like them .

i did not wear them -simply photographed them and proceeded to make a return .

The advert said 'Change of mind and 7 day return'

My claim and  protest were rejected.

Why?

Because I had opened the package.

Q . Do the readers of this post remember a time when this limitation did not exist?

Please let me know-I am curious

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Shoes are not something I would buy online , they are something

you need to try on and make sure they are comfortable ,before

handing money over, 

regards worgeordie

I buy the running shoes from Asics store on Lazada. Always the perfect fit and so cheap.

It does seem a bit strange that change of mind doesn't allow you to open the package BUT I would never use that as a reason anyway. (I've always assumed you would have to pay the return carriage for that).

Recently, I asked to return something because the item did not work properly - when you do that you have to send a photograph BUT the way my item did not work really needs a video and their system does not seem to accept videos - the seller refused the return so I phoned the Lazada help line. They wanted me to use my "U-tube account or Google Drive"  to send the video - I don't have either - in the end they let me send via an attachment to a reply to their email to me - result - return approved.

Whether I'll get my money back remains to be seen!

I didn't see if we had a related news thread on this news re JD.com planning to exit Thailand soon.... (A couple of forum searches find nothing...)

China's JD.com to shut e-commerce sites in Indonesia, Thailand

JAKARTA/BEIJING, Jan 30 (Reuters) - China's JD.com (9618.HK) is to close its e-commerce services in Indonesia and Thailand, retreating from Southeast Asia after a bruising year for China's retail and technology sectors.

JD.com will end its services in Thailand from March 3 and in Indonesia from the end of the same month, its local websites showed. Both units will stop taking orders on Feb. 15.

(more)

www.reuters.com/technology/indonesian-unit-jdcom-discontinue-all-services-end-march-jdid-website-2023-01-30/

Will leave Lazada and Shopee as what I believe is being called a duopoly...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Celsius said:

If you want no question return, I suggest you order from amazon. They bend over backwards to screw their sellers and please the buyer.

Personally I like Lazada approach much better, Why should a seller bear the loss if you tempered with the item? 

Really?

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-11696711/SALLY-SORTS-ordered-iPhone-Amazon-sent-candles.html?ico=mol_desktop_home-newtab&molReferrerUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fhome%2Findex.html

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, proton said:

With the episodes above relating to the UK, I'm guessing that Amazon customer service is specific to the country / Amazon country website where the order was placed.

I've never dealt with Amazon UK. But over a couple decades, I've probably bought thousands of items from Amazon U.S., and rarely have had any problems.

On the very few where there was a problem, Amazon generally has been pretty good about coming to a fair resolution, especially if you avoid their Philippines based CSRs and instead insist to speak with a rep, or even better a customer service supervisor, based in the U.S. -- which you have to specifically request if you find yourself speaking to a PH rep.

In general, though [not commenting on Amazon here], I've found that the quality of online/phone customer service overall seems to have suffered considerably over the duration of the COVID pandemic...

Dunno why... if it's because of staff turnover and new, inexperienced people in the jobs, reductions in staff, who knows what.... But I find myself have to fight and insist on speaking to supervisors much more often these days than I had to in the past when front-line reps prove to be useless.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 11:37 AM, steven100 said:

Note* Change of mind is applicable only if the product packaging has not been opened or damaged, seals and tags are still intact, and the product has not been worn, washed or altered.

Is that stated on their website. If so perhaps you could guide me to it?

On 2/1/2023 at 3:02 PM, Celsius said:

I order from Amazon all the time. Amazon UK, Amazon US, Amazon Germany, but I would rather shop on Lazada.

I order from Amazon Australia all the time had never a faulty product and deliveries are on time and mostly free

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, still kicking said:

I order from Amazon Australia all the time had never a faulty product and deliveries are on time and mostly free

do they do COD ?   is it the same product but different on-line platform ?   in other words is the item from the same seller as would show on Lazada or Shopee  ?   

• 1 month later...