Bad Service and a stupid excuse

roger101

On 2/5/2023 at 6:35 PM, KhunLA said:

Delivery service with all companies has gone from iffy, to excellent the last few year.  There networks are well established now.

I'll second that. A lady (presumably at the local delivery depot) 'phoned my Mrs at 09.00 am querying that I have two addresses on my Shopee account so does she go with the default address ( which I had selected for delivery), or are we at the other one now? We were actually at the other one at the time! Delivered by 'Flash' 4hrs 30mins later. I call that brilliant service. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

most TV's have a standbye light if it is getting power - it is usually red 

is this light on if it has one - it will also flash if the TV is getting remote signals - worth checking 

what brand is the TV 

if there is no red standbye light on when it should be then you could have a mains power issue, the first thing to check - make sure that the power cable os plugged all the way in on the back of the TV - if it is then make sure the wall outlet is providing power - plug something else in there

if the power standbye light is on - check that it is flashing when you press any remote buttons - if not then open your mobile phone and turn on the camera - point the camera at the front of the remote and press a button - you will see the ir pulses from the remote in the phone camera - if you don't see this then the remote is not working (some remotes have a BT connection to the TV generally referred to as smart remotes) TV's that come with smart remotes usually come with a standard ir remote as well x remotes.

I would n't call a service center until I had checked all the above 

Great advice!

14 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

I'll second that. A lady (presumably at the local delivery depot) 'phoned my Mrs at 09.00 am querying that I have two addresses on my Shopee account so does she go with the default address ( which I had selected for delivery), or are we at the other one now? We were actually at the other one at the time! Delivered by 'Flash' 4hrs 30mins later. I call that brilliant service. 

So the delivery agent has access to your personal information in your Shopee account, beyond the address you tell them to use? Tie that with the phone number they got and maybe your email and we see why there are many spam mails and calls going around!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

So the delivery agent has access to your personal information in your Shopee account, beyond the address you tell them to use? Tie that with the phone number they got and maybe your email and we see why there are many spam mails and calls going around!

Good point! Hopefully, what they can see is limited to any alternative address field? Mobile 'phone number upon my Shopee account is mine, for delivery I gave them my Mrs's for both addresses.

Update: If anybody is interested.

They picked it up on the Monday afternoon. Told me it was ready on Tuesday and delivered it back to me on Wednesday. No charge.

I don't care what was wrong with it as long as it's fixed. They did show me where the button is if the remote doesn't work. I couldn't find it before which was not surprising as the description of it's location in the operating manual is wrong.

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2023 at 1:37 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

But I am pretty sure I never ever read any version where people have to press a button while the device was unplugged. 

I have, but since...

On 2/6/2023 at 1:37 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I won't read the manual of a TV which I don't care about.

I won't bother.