Anybody having issue with WISE Transfer to Bangkok Bank taking longer than usual?

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Does this mean the the UK pension is sent to your Wise account and once you see it's there you initiate a transfer in THB to your Thai account, or does it come stright through to your Thai account?  Sorry, I'm not familiar with UK State pension via Wise payment procedures or options.

I get 3 pensions in the UK and each provider sends it to Wise.

When it hits my Wise account I get an automatic email notification and I can choose when to transfer it.

I set up the transfer and on a Friday it is in my BBK account just after 2pm on Monday, unless Monday is a bank or public holiday in Thailand, in which case it will be the next working day.

I choose to do it this way as I do my marriage extension on income and BBK shows the transfer as FTT.

Also sending it through Wise, I get a better forex rate than sending it direct to the bank.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, treetops said:

That's what I would have expected which would mean billd766 was actually financing his transfer from a Wise balance, different from my experience.  Next we would need to know whether the state pension got to Wise at the "usual" time or if it was delayed.

It got there around the normal time and I sent the transfer as normal.

The problem is at the Thai end, and I don't know if it is a BBK bank problem, (they say no), a Wise problem or an internet banking problem.

4 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I made a transfer last night from Wise account  to my BB account - I don't have on line banking & just assumed it was there today ??

I didn't check today but after reading this, I'll go & check my account in the next 30 minutes to see if it's there or not

I normally receive an email with Subject "Transfer Sent" from Wise.  This was delayed in my example above, but if you've received the email I think you'll be OK.

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It got there around the normal time and I sent the transfer as normal.

The problem is at the Thai end, and I don't know if it is a BBK bank problem, (they say no), a Wise problem or an internet banking problem.

I would say definitely a Wise problem.

For me, their (Wise') email time stamp ties in (within 10 minutes) of the time received in BBL going by my BBL statement.  All the delay was prior to that.

As you have funded from your Wise balance and me from a UK bank transfer we can probably rule out how Wise got their money, so the only thing left is internal issues at Wise.

Edited by treetops
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, treetops said:

I would say definitely a Wise problem.

For me, their (Wise') email time stamp ties in (within 10 minutes) of the time received in BBL going by my BBL statement.  All the delay was prior to that.

As you have funded from your Wise balance and me from a UK bank transfer we can probably rule out how Wise got their money, so the only thing left is internal issues at Wise.

Hopefully it will be fixed overnight, tonight, Thai time.

50 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I made a transfer last night from Wise account  to my BB account - I don't have on line banking & just assumed it was there today ??

I didn't check today but after reading this, I'll go & check my account in the next 30 minutes to see if it's there or not

Was it there?

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

I know that when I do the transfer on a Friday evening Thai time it should be in my BBK account just after 2pm on Monday if the Monday is not a Thai bank holiday

Last century banking hours have no relevance to on-line transfers. I've often arranged transfers from the UK to Thailand/Bangkok Bank at the weekend and they nearly always arrive within seconds. There have been, over the years, the occasional few hours delay on any day of the week. This episode might be another.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, racyrick said:

I know that Bangkok Bank had some issues today, so maybe that is why you didn't get it today.

I had no issues Monday morning, with Wise to BKK bank. Transferred £ Stering to my BBK bank acct, converted and took 9 seconds. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, treetops said:

Can those experiencing delays also mention whether they are being funded from a Wise balance or from a bank transfer, and from which country as that may help discover the root of the problem.  Also the amount involved if desired, or at least an indicator.

I experienced a couple of hours delay a few days ago on what would normally be expected as an almost instantaneous transfer.  Funded from a UK bank faster payment which Wise did not acknowledge receipt of for 2 hours when normally it's immediately acknowledged and the funds paid out to BBL within seconds.  Low value transfer (< 50,000 baht).

I have had my UK bank take 2 hours to complete the transfer to Wise due to "fraud checks" This now seems to be the norm

• Thanks 1

ADD ME TO THE LIST.

Yes, after 2+ years of relatively trouble free operation, they appear to be on the verge of collapse.   No point in going into all my sorry details here,  THEY JUST DON'T CARE.  E-mail gets only boilerplate response, and when an agent is finally reachable, the caller is treated as an idiot and a nuisance.

Sure, there's a few folks out there who are yelling, "What's the problem?  I don't have any problem."  Give 'em a month or two.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, sleepy99 said:

Thank you very much for sharing. Yes, this is exactly my situation. I have also called Bangkok Bank, but they said everything is normal on their end.

Apparently, this has to do with WISE itself. Have you gotten in touch with WISE support yet?

Day before yestesterday I transfered money from my UK Bank to my Thai Ayudhya (Krungsri) account and it was successfully trasnsfered within one hour.  It sounds like the problem lies with BKK Bank and not Wise?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Last century banking hours have no relevance to on-line transfers. I've often arranged transfers from the UK to Thailand/Bangkok Bank at the weekend and they nearly always arrive within seconds. There have been, over the years, the occasional few hours delay on any day of the week. This episode might be another.

Of course they do.

I send the money as funds for long term stay in Thailand and that is sent as an FTT.

IF you send the funds  for a different reason the transfer will take a different time.

As I normally send the transfer after Thai banking hours the transfer is made during UK banking hours and ends up in my Thai bank the following morning around 10 am and is released to my account just after 2 pm. That is unless I do a transfer on a Friday when it normally is paid on a Monday or the next banking day if the payout day is a bank holiday. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kildonan said:

I had no issues Monday morning, with Wise to BKK bank. Transferred £ Sterling to my BBK bank acct, converted and took 9 seconds. 

It also depends on the reason that you transfer funds as has been mentioned many times on the Wise banking threads.

13 hours ago, sleepy99 said:

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow at 2 PM. Stay tuned, I will update you if I receive mine

I hope this information helps you.

I have just logged into my Wise account and now I have the update saying that it should be paid out this afternoon as usual.

Friday 10th
You set up your transfer

Friday 10th
You used your GBP balance

Today at 5:34 am
We paid out your THB

Your money's been sent out to  bank

It should reach their bank soon. But banks can be slow - it could take them 9 hours to process your transfer
Today at 2:13 pm receive your THB

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I hope this information helps you.

I have just logged into my Wise account and now I have the update saying that it should be paid out this afternoon as usual.

Friday 10th
You set up your transfer

Friday 10th
You used your GBP balance

Today at 5:34 am
We paid out your THB

Your money's been sent out to  bank

It should reach their bank soon. But banks can be slow - it could take them 9 hours to process your transfer
Today at 2:13 pm receive your THB

As said earlier, many Bangkok Bank customers had some difficulties yesterday, even those not awaiting transfers. I was unable to get a correct balance for almost ha;f a day and other aspects of domestic banking were delayed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

This is the response from Wise that I received last night. I checked with BBK this morning about 06:15 but the transfer was not there yet.

Feb 13, 2023, 14:24 UTC

quote " Hello William,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I checked your transfer  and see that we sent the money from our end, but the money was returned to us due to a technical issue with the recipient's bank.

Our team is already working on it, once that's done we'll process the transfer and let you know via email.

I hope that helps. Just let me know if you have any other questions — or you can check out our Help Centre."

Thank you very much for sharing. But I don't get it. So they said the money was returned? did this mean you had to redo the transfer again yourself? or the money will be processed by them again without you having todo anything?

• Like 1