Top Royal Thai Police officers under scrutiny over links to illegal online gambling cash flows

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Latest revelations by Chuwit Kamolvisit focus on police officers within the force taking bribes from the illegal gaming industry moonlighting as masters of business and high finance including living abroad while being absent from work for long periods. 

Seems Gen Damrongsak has his work cut-out cleaning up his boys in brown.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

National Police Commissioner, General Damrongsak Kittiprapat, has ordered the Office of Inspector General (OIG) to investigate the latest claims

Shame that nothing happens until an order is given. The office of the inspector general (OIG) is probably part of the system and will only look as far as the tip of it's nose.

Rather like the police and army looking at Pattaya and seeing no prostitution.

There is no such thing as an independent watchdog keeping an eye on corruption.

Edited by Muhendis
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

There will be a couple of fall guys, sacrificial lambs. These two, like Icarus, likely flew to close to the sun. The broader question ... just two? Unlikely.

Not on my watch.....what?.....oh ,Well I was probably in Paris at the time that happened, I'll erm, look into it.

• Like 1

Just now, Muhendis said:

Shame that nothing happens until an order is given. The office of the inspector general (OIG) is probably part of the system and will only look as far as the tip of it's nose.

Rather like the police and army looking at Pattaya and seeing no prostitution.

There is no such thing as an independent watchdog keeping an eye on corruption.

All part of the charm, like the waiter saying "OK, that was the tip but where is the back hander"

2 hours ago, 2baht said:

Chuwit has became a regular pit bull, keep up the good work and go for the jugular! ????

The real question is who is feeding him this info? He wouldn't have access to most of the info he's supplied unless someone is feeding it to him or he's been involved directly

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Gambling is such a pathetic state of mind. Monoco, etc aside...pretty much the domain of the uneducated, lower classes. A tax on the poor and simple minded.

At least poker involves some skill*

You can probably bet you’re right!!

And I will bet the result will be nothing more than involve brooms and carpet 

Edited by Reigntax

12 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I honestly don't see how this police farce could be reformed, it's rotten through and through. You'd have to completely rebuild it from scratch, but who will ever do that!?

Really need a political leader with the political will and courage like Lee Kuan Yew or a dedicated and non corruptable police officer like Peter Fitzroy Godber who clean up corruption in Hong Kong. Any politician or police officer that fits this profile in Thailand? 

• Thumbs Up 1