Buddhist abbot’s visit to Islamic school sparks uproar

snoop1130

22 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Why is a Buddhist preaching nationalism, it runs counter to Buddhist philosophy. Secondly I suggest you do some research on the deep South conflict before posting again. The link below will assist with your education.

https://defence.gov.au/ADC/Publications/documents/Shedden/2012/SheddenPapers12_120306_ConflictinThailand_Nurakkate.pdf

Some do not want to understand the roots of this conflict, they only wish to view it through jaundiced views and prejudicial thinking.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Some do not want to understand the roots of this conflict, they only wish to view it through jaundiced views and prejudicial thinking.

Which might be more commonplace by way of twisted culturally-centric historical perspectives and bias narratives, instead of attaining clear subjective historiology/histography ideals. 

Such is the case regarding Thailand's deep south, the cause and effect origins/roots are completely missed and discounted. Another protected and false political narrative replace what was/is.

1 hour ago, Doctor Tom said:

Tell that to the Russians and Chinese, all big friends of Thailand. 

Having authoritarian control and forcing people to accept the situation is not assimilation.

I suspect the Chechens are watching with great interest at how the Russian military has been seriously weakened in Ukraine. As there are Chechen units involved in Ukraine, the intelligence on how weak it is at present will be clear to those who strive for independence.

Would not surprise me at all if there is an attempt to exploit its weakened state and achieve statehood in the near future.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Here is the root of the conflict- 'I was made victorious with terror', Mohammad quoted in the second most holy Islamic scripture, the Hadith of Sahih Bukhari verse 2977.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

Here is the root of the conflict- 'I was made victorious with terror', Mohammad quoted in the second most holy Islamic scripture, the Hadith of Sahih Bukhari verse 2977.

Nonsense.

And by posting such agenda laden prejudicial propaganda you show how little you know about the roots of this conflict. 

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense.

And by posting such agenda laden prejudicial propaganda you show how little you know about the roots of this conflict. 

The roots, without getting personal. are in Jihadists following the example of the so called prophet and thinking they can get their own way by murder and terror. 

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Why is a Buddhist preaching nationalism, it runs counter to Buddhist philosophy. Secondly I suggest you do some research on the deep South conflict before posting again. The link below will assist with your education.

https://defence.gov.au/ADC/Publications/documents/Shedden/2012/SheddenPapers12_120306_ConflictinThailand_Nurakkate.pdf

why is a muslim defending a 20 year old Islamic terror campaign? 

11 minutes ago, proton said:

The roots, without getting personal. are in Jihadists following the example of the so called prophet and thinking they can get their own way by murder and terror. 

Rubbish, you have absolutely no clue about this conflict and your posts showing this lack of knowledge is just embarrassing yourself. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, proton said:

Don't need any education (propaganda) on it thanks. Islamic jihad, or random murder is evil and will get them nowhere even though they follow a man who is quoted in the Hadith of Bukhari stating that - 'I was victorious with terror'. After 20 odd years and over 6k deaths they have achieved only mindless death. They need to give up.

The paper was written by a Thai Army Officer, it is not propaganda. However, if you wish to remain ignorant, your choice.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, proton said:

why is a muslim defending a 20 year old Islamic terror campaign? 

I suggest it would be a good idea for you to back up your claims with credible links as per forum rules. It is contrary to forum rules to post defamation / inflammatory content.

The author is a professional Thai Army Officer who was attending a Strategic Studies course sponsored by the Australian military. He has held a number of very senior positions such as Military Adviser to the Permanent Mission of Thailand to United Nations. are you claiming all Officers serving in senior roles are sympathisers to Islamist terror, which, BTW, is not the motivation for the deep South conflict. Given the author's resume he is a credible source, you are not.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/senior-col-chumphot-nurakkate-78350841?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

I suggest you read the following...

https://sydney.thaiembassy.org/en/content/muslims-in-thailand-under-royal-benevolence

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, proton said:

Another one that truly hasn't a clue.

The endless search for manufactured boogiemen continues on.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 3:08 AM, Artisi said:

Seems these people don't want to be Thai but are more than happy to be connected with the Thai electricity grid, water, roads, health etc., typical attitude - us us us. 

Yeh, not sure how that would work as all Thailand's natural gas and oil are in the jurisdiction of the Southern, predominantly Malay Provinces. Their natural resources power a large part of the Thai economy, so I think it would be the other way around. 

Roads in Malaysia are also much better made than their equivalents in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1