90 Days Report / New Address

Does anyone know what steps need to be taken to file the 90 days report when there is a change of address?

Should I just file the report with the new address? I remember having to submit a copy of my rental contract at Muang Tani years ago. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Robbkk said:

Does anyone know what steps need to be taken to file the 90 days report when there is a change of address?

If you are in Thailand on annual extensions, suggest good option would be to attend immigration office in person to file TM30 (change of address) 

Of course that depends on your office and if easy to attend in person. 

Also how have you been doing 90 reports previously. 

Does this involve new immigration office or just change of address. 

• Love It 1

If I were you I wouldn't bother notifying anyone. It takes up too much time and the resulting piece of paper is only filed away never to be viewed again by any mortal soul. Maybe someone at some time in a few centuries time, will come up with a use for all the paper filed away in Immigration warehouses. (Irony)

Think if they threw away all the paper stored in the huge warehouses, they could hold detainees and overstayers there for years on end, knowing that there would never be any overcrowding.

Sadly I read today of the poor Uighur man who died after nine years in the overcrowded Bangkok detention centre . He was refused medical treatment by the detention centre doctor (a really well trained fellow who missed a simple diagnosis of galloping pneumonia). The story even made the Guardian keeping out articles about how no people of colour or gender dysphoria won Baftas.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

If the owner files you don't have to correct?

No.

The OP is asking about a change of address.

Not some random trip to somewhere for a break.

He needs to make a new TM30 at immigration to ensure that his change of address is on file. 

Again depends on other things as to it's importance.

I moved house but dint change my  TM 30 address that should stay in passport...but I did tell the immigration my address for my 90 Day report on line and did this no problem., As I thought it was called a 90 day address report... Then I did my 1 year extension with my new new address.no problem.. but then someone Said I need the tm30 in passport with new address..so I went to immigration and got one...  

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

The OP is asking about a change of address.

Not some random trip to somewhere for a break.

He needs to make a new TM30 at immigration to ensure that his change of address is on file. 

Again depends on other things as to it's importance.

Yes, that's what I'm asking. When changing permanent address. On extension.

Can't the owner / agent file this ??

Edited by SuperSilverHaze

51 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

I moved house but dint change my  TM 30 address that should stay in passport...but I did tell the immigration my address for my 90 Day report on line and did this no problem., As I thought it was called a 90 day address report... Then I did my 1 year extension with my new new address.no problem.. but then someone Said I need the tm30 in passport with new address..so I went to immigration and got one...  

Don't understand much of that. 

When you changed address (moved house) was that still same province meaning same immigration office? 

Then you state the following...

"but then someone Said I need the tm30 in passport with new address..so I went to immigration and got one".

No idea what you are referring to 

You live in Thailand on annual extensions? Why do you need a TM30 in your passport. 

Which immigration office do you deal with? 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Don't understand much of that. 

When you changed address (moved house) was that still same province meaning same immigration office? 

Then you state the following...

"but then someone Said I need the tm30 in passport with new address..so I went to immigration and got one".

No idea what you are referring to 

You live in Thailand on annual extensions? Why do you need a TM30 in your passport. 

Which immigration office do you deal with? 

Same province yes.was told TM 30 was legal requirement... As I had an old one need to have new but could not see why as I had as it had already done everything I needed.. eg renewed my one year extension of retirement.. Pattaya immigration.

8 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

Same province yes.was told TM 30 was legal requirement... As I had an old one need to have new but could not see why as I had as it had already done everything I needed.. eg renewed my one year extension of retirement.. Pattaya immigration.

You changed your address.

Indeed you are required to file a TM30. 

Seems that you are sorted now. 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You changed your address.

Indeed you are required to file a TM30. 

Seems that you are sorted now. 

Yes was trying to dot the I.s and cross the T .s.. but why they called it a 90 day report of address and still need a tm30 god knows.as I'm sure if they wanted to find you they used the 90 day reported adrees....but it seems they do so we do... 

9 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

Yes was trying to dot the I.s and cross the T .s.. but why they called it a 90 day report of address and still need a tm30 god knows.as I'm sure if they wanted to find you they used the 90 day reported adrees....but it seems they do so we do... 

You are not alone.

It's very confusing and even more so now with TM30 being introduced for "change of address" and also it's original intent. 

31 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

imho it's quite simple: TM30 is to notify immigration that you've moved to the new address, ie your 'registered address'. TM47 is then filed to confirm you are still residing at your registered address. 

this is based on conversations with Ubonjoe on the subject.

• Love It 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If you are in Thailand on annual extensions, suggest good option would be to attend immigration office in person to file TM30 (change of address) 

The TM30 for the new address was already filed by the agent. And yes, I am in Thailand on annual extensions.

I just did the 90 Days report online with the new address. Let's see what happens.

I remember years ago having to do something else involving the copy of my rental contract (TM28?) but maybe that's not needed anymore.

Edited by Robbkk

11 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

TM30 is to notify immigration that you've moved to the new address, ie your 'registered address'. TM47 is then filed to confirm you are still residing at your registered address. 

Thanks for clarifying. Do you know if the deadline for the 90 days report changes when you file the TM30?

The deadline for my 90 days report is next week but I changed condos and filed the TM30 weeks ago. I also left and reentered the country in December. Not sure if the deadline for the 90 days report is now different.

Edited by Robbkk

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly you have little knowledge of immigration office requirements. 

It seems neither do you. It's the person named on the Blue Book that has to submit a TM30 to immigration. The property owner is the one that gets fined, not the farang.

The TM30 notification and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (housemaster, possessor, or manager) to report the stay of a foreigner (non-Thai national) in his/her property. All foreigners staying in Thailand and their hosts should be very well aware of this.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/about-tm30-thailand

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Robbkk said:

Thanks for clarifying. Do you know if the deadline for the 90 days report changes when you file the TM30?

The deadline for my 90 days report is next week but I changed condos and filed the TM30 weeks ago. I also left and reentered the country in December. Not sure if the deadline for the 90 days report is now different.

TM30 does not change 90 day report due date.

You state that you left Thailand and reentered December.

Your report date is reset and due date is 90 days from reentry date.

You stated.....

".....but I changed condos and filed the TM30 weeks ago."

Did you file the TM30 with immigration in person or....? 

15 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

the resulting piece of paper is only filed away never to be viewed again by any mortal soul.

In my Immigration Office, 2 years ago, when they found it difficult to explain what was missing from my submission, pulled out the previous year's submission and pointed to the missing pages. Must make me an "immortal soul".

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Did you file the TM30 with immigration in person or....? 

When I changed condos, the real estate agent filed it online and sent me a screenshot. 

I reentered Thailand on January 2, so now I guess the 90 days report deadline was moved to April. Should I just file it online or do I need to do more?

2 minutes ago, Robbkk said:

I reentered Thailand on January 2, so now I guess the 90 days report deadline was moved to April. Should I just file it online or do I need to do more?

Should be about April 02, 2023.

Should be able to do it online.

Remember to change your last entry date.

TM6 not required online form. 

I moved 500 metres from one house owned by a daughter to another owned by another daughter. I haven't had time to register the change of address at immigration 80 km away due to looking after grandchildren. I want to go next week. My question is what sort of fine will I face for late notification. The daughter said tell them you moved yesterday but I'd rather be honest if the fine's not too large.

Thanking any replies in advance 

11 minutes ago, bannork said:

I moved 500 metres from one house owned by a daughter to another owned by another daughter. I haven't had time to register the change of address at immigration 80 km away due to looking after grandchildren.

You are not responsible for the fine. The owner of property is.

Landlords need to file the TM30 Report at the start of the tenancy. If the landlord fails to file the report, they are subject to a fine of between 800 and 2,000 THB.

https://herorealtor.com/simple-guide-to-tm30-thailand-immigration-requirements/#:~:text=Landlords need to file the,between 800 and 2%2C000 THB.

53 minutes ago, bannork said:

The daughter said tell them you moved yesterday but I'd rather be honest if the fine's not too large

Listen to the daughter. 

Crazy to mention date you changed address.

In fact if you have relatives in both houses I would do nothing..

Edit: forgot about home visits from immigration if you have them.

If so change the address TM30.

Note don't mention when you moved. They won't ask and if do you moved yesterday. 

Edited by DrJack54