Fetus: "Yes, but I was an unwilling accomplice."

Lawyer: "But you don't deny being there?"

Fetus: "No, but I didn't see anything."

Lawyer: "How could you not see anything? You were right on the spot."

Defense lawyer: "Objection Your Honor, he or she doesn't have eyes yet."

Judge: "Sustained."

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, userabcd said:

No it is not, it is under the age of legal responsibility.

I say try it as an adult lol seriously a novel move on the part of the perpetrator that beeing said hopefully for the baby’s sake she gets the proper pre natal care in prison 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Not according to the accused.

My point was, if it is being held against it's will. It has to be considered when prosecuting the accused. Can't gave it both ways.

The accused is trying to get herself out of jail by being "clever" and her opinion isn't the law

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, that would be when life begins as a foetus , when the foetus is born, it becomes a baby 

There are billboards of this sort all over the USA.  A smart person would be aware of the propaganda before taking a side.

*Graphic edited out*

6 hours ago, puchooay said:

Exactly my point. The prosecution need to point out it goes both ways.

From the OP I think her point is that she doesn't get proper pre natal care. I wonder if there are any other prisoners in the same situation, and the case could easily be resolved by providing "proper" pre natal care.

If it can be proven that the pre natal care is insufficient then she has a case, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

From the OP I think her point is that she doesn't get proper pre natal care. I wonder if there are any other prisoners in the same situation, and the case could easily be resolved by providing "proper" pre natal care.

If it can be proven that the pre natal care is insufficient then she has a case, IMO.

No. She's trying to get released on the grounds her "baby" is being held for no reason. From the OP, that'd made quite obvious.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, puchooay said:

Not according to the accused.

My point was, if it is being held against it's will. It has to be considered when prosecuting the accused. Can't gave it both ways.

Double switch.

It’s the Florida law that claims a fetus is a baby, the litigant is using ‘the legal’ definition, not ‘having it both ways’.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

No. She's trying to get released on the grounds her "baby" is being held for no reason. From the OP, that'd made quite obvious.

Did you miss "In an emergency petition in a Florida court, Ms Harrell's lawyer argued that jail staff have endangered the child through "a lack of reasonable and necessary prenatal care". ?

Where is that saying about being held for "no reason"?